[RELEASE] - Mining OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: [RELEASE] - Mining OXP

Post by Cholmondely »

seventh wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:38 am
Oh, man, the same stuff.
In 50% cases mines dance tarantella you have described. But I had one more trouble. When I at last docked I couldn't claim it. I had enough slaves, food, computers and machinery, but they said "You don't have and go away". Shame, the OXP is really great, but seems to be broken
Seventh,

hope you are well!

Is this one that you think you might be able to fix in the fullness of time?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

seventh wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:38 am
Oh, man, the same stuff.

Just discovered that you created the Oolite logo above and rejigged the Oolite.org pages - Thank you! Thank you for taking the time, putting in the effort, and dealing with the joys of everybody saying that they didn't like this or they didn't like that... !

Where are you nowadays? Still in Mother Russia? Out in Turkey or Georgia?

Anyway, hope all is well.

Cholmondely
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
timer
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by timer »

yep... nice dance.
learning log and code...
Cobra MK III owner since 1994
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

timer wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:27 pm
yep... nice dance.
learning log and code...
As you probably know, various tid-bits are hidden away here and there. The following might be of some use:

1) Busy Ports OXP - origin of the mining robots used in the Random Hits OXP (which presumably has more up-to-date AI's for controlling them).

2) Career Options: Miner has a list of mining-related oxp's and some fiction/Youtube videos

3) Some Alternate Rock Hermits (the Vanilla game RH comes in 3 flavours: mining outpost, neutral harbour with other goods for sale and pirates in the vicinity or pirate cove).
*Hermitage develops the Rock Hermit as one's very own space station (and NPC Rock Hermits can be further developed by eg. Pirate Coves OXP or turned into Slaver Bases by RRS Group or by Illegal Goods Tweak)
*Mining Outpost is found in RRS Group/Rescue Stations
*Astrogulag is found in Commies
*And as you probably know, Stranger's World features a KOS-M (mining complex in a heliocentric orbit) - in his Orbital Stations OXP

And there is a recent discussion here which might be of interest: Non-oxygenated Rock Hermits

Edited to add these:

Spicy Hermits (I wonder if this might have been incorporated into the Vanilla game at some point)
Harder Hermits OXP
Hermit's Bane/Griff's Glowroids

Comments wanted:
timer
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by timer »

fixed dancing.
fixed problems for taking ownership.
fixed some typo/bugs.
updated plist format.

So... now I am happy owner of three SlaveMine.
Last edited by timer on Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cobra MK III owner since 1994
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

timer wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:51 pm
fixed dancing.
fixed some typo/bugs.
update plist format.

So... now I am happy owner of three SlaveMines.
Congratulations! Well done, sir!

Did you notice this:
docwild wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:30 pm
This is still in early stages, it only gives gold (and probably too much) which will be available after at least one day of mining. I have released it under the same license as Oolite so contributions are open and you may use it within those terms (I don't really mind, but dropping me a note would be appreciated). The code is rough around the edges and is in need of a blooming good refactoring. However, trying to test everything which I have so far is a huge task for one person so an alpha release is my solution. If you'd like to test, contribute or comment I'd be most humbled. Thank you.

Still to do:

Add miners, probably modified pirateAIs
Orient stations, because my cheaty workaround sucks
Tweak economy, possibility of mines which give mostly alloys or precious metals but it shouldn't be exclusively one kind of thing.
I'm thinking of making the produce available for free, once it is available on the stations commodity market rather than script-awarding it
More action

Let me know:

Too many stations, not enough? in Mining.oxp/Scripts/miningScript.js the lines "this.minMines" and "this.maxMines" are available for tweaking, but it doesn't check that max is greater than min so be careful.

Too much gold or required resources? Not enough?

Does this slow your machine down? (it shouldn't as it's mostly precalculated, destroying your own mine claims is possible and is processed ingame to allow for an immediate jump without introducing a bug, so if you have a slow machine you might like to try that)

Suggestions, contributions or hateful vitriol will be accepted in good humour. Razz

docwild
Comments wanted:
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

timer wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:51 pm
fixed dancing.
fixed some typo/bugs.
updated plist format.
Any chance of letting us see what you have done? I'd love to try a working version of this one!
Comments wanted: