Release: Switching MilHUD

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Release: Switching MilHUD

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

I recoded the plists into openstep, added some tweaks here and there, fixed some bugs, and now testing of Milhud v4.0 is underway.

Stay tuned, fellow triggerfiends.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
I recoded the plists into openstep, added some tweaks here and there, fixed some bugs, and now testing of Milhud v4.0 is underway.

Stay tuned, fellow triggerfiends.
Fantastic! Having tested a few HUDs to replace Milhud over the last few days, I can honestly say that Milhud is the best, and most useable HUD on the market. Yes Commonsense's new HUDs are great technically, but they just aren't useable for day to day Oolite flight/pod tracking/combat.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
sdrubble
Deadly
Deadly

Post by sdrubble »

JazHaz wrote:
I previously used a workaround by sdrubble, which did work, but snarfed the Targeting Enhancement boxes. See this thread.
/me comes back from the grave cave and offer some precarious assistance :? (same thread above).
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
The (unwritten) license on all my creations is "go ahead and tweak, reuse, remix, whatever all you like, but never sell it, and be so kind as to drop me some credit if you remake it into something else."
Well, I'm glad you wrote the "(unwritten) license" here, because for the last six months I've been sitting on a fork of MilHUD that I really would like to share. It looks exactly the same but completely replaces Thargoid's switching script with one of my own that avoids unnecessary HUD switching and solves some problems MilHUD has interacting with other OXPs. Now that you've updated the MilHUD files to openstep format, I'm updating my fork, but am still left with the question of whether to share it or continue keeping it to myself?
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

From my side, that sounds excellent. My original script was much simpler than the one currently floating around (it was originally just a proof of concept for KW), and it has rather grown (mutated?) along the way to become what it is today to do a lot more than it originally did. Hence I wouldn't even call it my script any longer, at least not exclusively.

If yours takes out the glitches, I'd urge that it replaces my script in the main version of the OXP. But that's a decision for others to make.