Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Is OOLITE available on the iPhone?

Information, contacts and source code for ports to Linux, Windows, etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Dom
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Is OOLITE available on the iPhone?

Post by Dom »

I'm tempted to port it but I'd need to charge a $1. Is that possible / allowed? I'd use the gyro to help with the controls ...
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Hi Dom ... see this thread – especially Ahruman's comments on the potential amount of work involved. One interesting one is
Ahruman wrote:
[...] the chances of Oolite being preemptively rejected from the App Store as a potential copyright violation are quite high, and I don’t care to speculate how FrontierDev would respond if it wasn’t.
Current opinion is that we only get away with Oolite because nobody is making any money from it: non-commerciality is our only defence. When they started trying to charge money for Elite: TNK was when David Braben's lawyers stepped in with the injunctions. So even if the App store didn't reject it as a copyright violation to begin with, chances are they would pull it very shortly after receiving a cease and desist letter from Frontier Developments. And then the fun would start ...
Dom
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by Dom »

That's a shame but understandable. A multiplayer version using the gyro would rock.