Armoury OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: Armoury OXP

Post by Thargoid »

I meant exactly what you did. If you duplicate EQ_CT_MINE to EQ_CT_V2_MINE then the custom icon from the original would be lost (V2 would use the default mine icon instead). But by doing what you've done you'll restore it again.

Also to clarify, I didn't use the external store and requires empty pylon settings, as _MINE automagically sets those to be true (although there's no harm in setting them explicitly anyway).

Your change from _MINE to _MINE_V2 essentially stops the equipment being a mine, and so the other settings don't get made and it becomes "normal" equipment. The mass-swap of _MINE_V2 to _V2_MINE should fix that.

I'll also just remind the OXP license - I'm perfectly happy for personal hacks and learning (indeed I'd encourage it), but not for general release or distribution please.
sdrubble
Deadly
Deadly

Post by sdrubble »

Thargoid wrote:
I meant exactly what you did. If you duplicate EQ_CT_MINE to EQ_CT_V2_MINE then the custom icon from the original would be lost (V2 would use the default mine icon instead). But by doing what you've done you'll restore it again.

Also to clarify, I didn't use the external store and requires empty pylon settings, as _MINE automagically sets those to be true (although there's no harm in setting them explicitly anyway).

Your change from _MINE to _MINE_V2 essentially stops the equipment being a mine, and so the other settings don't get made and it becomes "normal" equipment. The mass-swap of _MINE_V2 to _V2_MINE should fix that.

I'll also just remind the OXP license - I'm perfectly happy for personal hacks and learning (indeed I'd encourage it), but not for general release or distribution please.
Great to learn all of that. As I said on my initial request, I KNEW my issue should be due to some smallish-but-importantish property. How could I guess that a 'lowly' item suffix would have such magical powers... :shock: :?: :idea: :mrgreen:

As to the license & release & distribution stuff, rest assured that this is for personal use only. It was meant for fun only, and anyways there's not much of creative content inside - and also it's somewhat poorly cobbled together (i.e., the availability of scooped Thargons is duplicated between CT and CTV2, the friendly-fire fix is unreliable and so forth).

But now that you've raised the issue - in the unlikely event that someone REQUESTs this from me, would it be OK to share it on an individual basis ? :?:

Cheers :mrgreen:
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

If there's a proven "market" for it, I'd offer to work with you to include it into Armoury itself. Several of the items in there were either inspired by or indeed actually requested in discussions and thread on here. If you look through the readme you can see them, as I try and give due credit for inspiration and assistance where it's appropriate.

But if it was just one or two requests, then yes a private distribution would be OK, under the same caveat about publishing that I mentioned in the license. It's not designed to be restrictive for the sake of it, more so that I don't end up being called in to support OXP modifications that I didn't make, or if there ends up being conflict/overwriting between the modified OXP and other OXPs (or indeed with the original one) through sharing of variables or suchlike. Basically I don't want multiple forked variations of my OXPs out there, as that could just lead to confusion if things go wrong (plus I like to keep track of my download counts too).

I have no issue at all with any of my code being re-used and recycled (readme credit being nice but not essential), as long as it doesn't break or interfere with my original usage of it. And also that I'm not expected to maintain the new code, or notify people when I change/update/improve/debug my original.
sdrubble
Deadly
Deadly

Post by sdrubble »

sdrubble wrote:
[ . . . ] my issue should be due to some smallish-but-importantish property. How could I guess that a 'lowly' item suffix would have such magical powers... :shock: :?: :idea: :mrgreen:
Magical powers indeed. :lol:

I've done the 'EQ_*_MINE' replacement, and not any single other change...

CT V2 now goes correctly into its own pylon, and launch-rescoop-reprogram-refill are all performing flawlessly.

All of this alongside the 'official' CT in another pylon, so that I can quickly release a storm of 14 Thargons at unsuspecting foes... call that a one-man's-Navy for sure. :twisted:

Thx a lot for all the fish... uh, erm, all the help. :mrgreen: :D

Cheers :D
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

sdrubble wrote:
After playing a bit with the Field Missile and greatly enjoying this neat piece of equipment, I had to do a bit of searching around to find out where the heck, after all, did this little toy come from... :?:

As it turned out, it's part of the Armoury OXP. You might wish to edit the Wiki and the Readme file to include a description for the FM, which seems to be missing from both.

Or was it really meant to be a hidden and surprise bonus ? :mrgreen:
WHS.

I just had one of those Field Missiles fired at me, but I cannot find a description on the wiki.
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Version 1.10 of the OXP now uploaded.

New addition is the tracker missile - a pylon based version of the tracker system that may be simpler to use in combat (at the expense of needing a pylon of course).

Oh and the wiki pages (both versions) should now be up to date for all weapons in the OXP.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

And v1.11 uploaded. A minor tweak to shipdata.plist to add a few missing scan classes for some of the missiles/mines in trunk 1.77.

With thanks to JazHaz for the notification. Downloads from the links below as normal.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

From the readme:
Bombs and Mines:

After the discussions concerning the trunk energy bomb (and it's impending removal), I thought it may be worth playing around with a few new bombs which could be used as replacements. All are pylon mounted due to the current limitations on keyboard triggering of OXP equipment, and all can also be carried by NPCs (currently with low probability and Uni bomb set not to be an instant-killer for the player ship).
Given the current ability to activate equipment via keyboard, have you considered changing the bombs & mines so they are carried internally, instead of occupying a pylon?
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

As noted before, this OXP pre-dates the equipment activation keys. Plus as there are already many options on those keys, I'm a little reluctant to add more to them when things work fairly well as pylon-mounts (and my limited time is currently focussed on the 1.77 beta's rather than upgrading other OXPs).

Lastly from a conceptual viewpoint I think it actually makes more sense to have at least some of the mines needing parts mounted externally. The energy bomb always was a bit weird in being an area effect item which went inside your ship.

So yes it has been pondered, but if it does happen it won't be a priority one. Although the readme may get a bit updated at some point ;)
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Ok.. thanks! 8)
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Dr.Tripsa
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Dr.Tripsa »

Is this a bug?

I've recently added the Armoury OXP and when using the hardened mini (rack) missiles I've noticed my kill rate go up occasionally after the target has fled out of range. I never receive any notice about a bounty when this happens. When a lock is lost a missile should just wander off or self destruct in this case, no? So what's happening here?

Is the missile continuing to chase down the target and just not notifying me when it makes a kill?
Am I getting kill credit for a rack that has jettisoned?
No, I'm not a Trumble... that's a speciest and offensive remark!
~munch~
What?.... I'm hungry.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Yes, the missiles will chase ships that go outside your scanner range, as long as they don't run out of fuel (the missiles that is).

But you are also correct that it may be that the spent rack is also getting shot and counting as a kill when it shouldn't. The original OXP (the one that got merged into Armoury) was written before it was possible to suppress the kill.

As a test, can you add counts_as_kill = no; into the shipdata.plist of the OXP at line 804 (or somewhere in the rack's "missileRack_spentRack" entry - an array in lines 802-819 currently) and see if that helps? If so I'll add the line into the next version of the OXP.
Dr.Tripsa
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Dr.Tripsa »

with testing it appears to just out of range kills that don't get reported for some reason, thanks for looking at it :)

I still get bounty/kill credit,just no onscreen notice to that effect.
No, I'm not a Trumble... that's a speciest and offensive remark!
~munch~
What?.... I'm hungry.
HAL
Competent
Competent

Post by HAL »

I have noticed a fun side-effect of having kicker missiles onboard (bearing in mind I'm a bounty hunter and therefore have no restraint with weapons spending): knocking innocent anacondas out of the way! Since the missile does no damage, I thought I'd give it a try. It has to be one of the funniest things seeing an anaconda going at injector speed (not very fast, but faster than normal), terrified that you're a pirate and helplessly sending out an SOS :lol:
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

This OXP is now updated to version 1.12. The Anti-Missile System (AMS) can now be deactivated (and reactivated) using the weapon priming keys (n and shift-N). The cost of the system and its missiles has also been modified.

Now needs Oolite v1.76 or higher, not that this should affect almost anyone.

Download via links below as normal.