Armoury OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Dragonfire
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Armoury OXP - v1.08 (New weapons)

Post by Dragonfire »

A void bomb! YOU ARE MY HERO!
sdrubble
Deadly
Deadly

Re: Armoury OXP

Post by sdrubble »

Hi Thargoid,

thx for this awesome OXP.

After playing a bit with the Field Missile and greatly enjoying this neat piece of equipment, I had to do a bit of searching around to find out where the heck, after all, did this little toy come from... :?:

As it turned out, it's part of the Armoury OXP. You might wish to edit the Wiki and the Readme file to include a description for the FM, which seems to be missing from both.

Or was it really meant to be a hidden and surprise bonus ? :mrgreen:

Cheers
Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by Fatleaf »

sdrubble wrote:
Or was it really meant to be a hidden and surprise bonus ?
If it was it ain't now :roll:
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

It wasn't, but the wiki page needs a tidy-up and update. Will do that when I get a chance.

It should be documented in the OXP read-me though.
Fatleaf

Post by Fatleaf »

Just a quick observance on the void bomb. You don't get awarded either the kills or the bounty from and ship caught in it. I understand why this is, it is similar to the railguns issue (not attributing it to your ship). But I thought I would make it known.
Fatleaf

Post by Fatleaf »

My game hung and I noticed these errors in the log
16:26:00.503 [script.javaScript.exception.ooliteDefinedError]: ***** JavaScript exception (armoury_interdictorMine.js 1.00): Error: Vector3D.distanceTo: Could not construct vector from parameters (undefined) -- expected Vector, Entity or array of three numbers.
16:26:00.503 [script.javaScript.exception.ooliteDefinedError]: ../AddOns/Armoury 1.08.oxp/Scripts/armoury_interdictorMine.js, line 63.
Hope it helps.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Thanks. It would happen only if your player ship suffered existence failure between launching the mine and it activating.

I'll tweak the code to avoid that situation, but it shouldn't be what caused your hang-up.
Fatleaf

Post by Fatleaf »

I have had this installed for a while now and since updating I have never seen for sale the Interdictor Mine, I was getting offered once in a blue moon but never now. Nor the Cutpurse missile. The chance might be a bit low. Has anybody else seen in for sale in-game?
sdrubble
Deadly
Deadly

Post by sdrubble »

Fatleaf wrote:
... never seen for sale the Interdictor Mine...
not sure if this would have any bearing, but I'm *almost* sure someone around here was getting strange log errors related to the Interdictor...
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Not every weapon is legal, and for sale over the counter at Galcop stations to goody-goody clean commanders...
sdrubble
Deadly
Deadly

Post by sdrubble »

sdrubble wrote:
Fatleaf wrote:
... never seen for sale the Interdictor Mine...
not sure if this would have any bearing, but I'm *almost* sure someone around here was getting strange log errors related to the Interdictor...
:oops: :oops: :oops:

Fatleaf, I just happened to find out WHO ''was getting strange log errors related to the Interdictor" - it was yourself, couple of posts ago.

Sometimes the 'back of my mind' goes WAAAAAAAAY back... :cry:

If you happened to think that my previous post was some sort of bad-taste joke, well it wasn't. OTOH it *could* have been... :twisted:

Cheers
sdrubble
Deadly
Deadly

Post by sdrubble »

Hi Thargoid,

I've been trying (a bit unsuccessfully... :( ) for a while to add a personal tweak to Armoury... in order to have some fun and, who knows, learn something in the process.

So, this post is just for possibly getting a small hint from yourself... my OXP'ing and scripting abilities are quite limited, I can't do really much more than copy-paste-edit stuff. So that I wouldn't really expect getting any kind of involved support for what I'm trying to do, although there's a chance that some simple tip would be enough to put me back on track.

What I was trying to do was, duplicate 'Captured Thargons' into a possible 'Captured Thargons V2', which would contain 9 thargons instead of 5 and possibly coexist, in its own pylon, with the original CT's in another pylon (for a total of 14 launchable Thargons).

In order to achieve this I've duplicated a number of scripts and plists, created similar and independent variables and entries for every component. All seems to be functioning properly - the V2 launcher can be purchased in addition to the original one, the mission screen with the turning Thargon is shown, all of the new variables appear properly set into the save file, but... the V2 launcher ends up going into the 'normal' equipment list, and not as a pylon-mounted item, so that the V2 Thargons can't be launched.

I've also experimented with 2 different ways of implementing this - first one by duplicating CT_masterScript.js into a new sdrbl_CT_masterScript.js (making world-scripts.plist refer to both), and later by merging all the V2 structures and conditions into CT_masterScript.js proper. But I didn't really see any difference in the results.

So, my little question here would be - WHERE in the plists and/or scripts can I find the element which defines the CT launcher as a pylon item and not as normal equipment ? If you think the solution would require any more effort than a simple tip, just say so, and we'll both forget about this.

But I really have a feeling that whatever I might be missing here should be a VERY SMALL detail, since I'm getting no errors in the log, and the equipment and variables DO appear as expected, except for the 'not-in-pylon' result... :?

So, if you think that a quick tip would be helpful here, it would be most welcome. Otherwise, if some further analysis would be required, let's both of us forget this. :mrgreen:

Cheers and thx :D
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Equipment.plist

"is_external_store" & "requires_empty_pylon" may well be your friends (without looking at the OXP).
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Currently pylon mounted equipment is either a missile or a mine. Missiles need targets to be fired, mines do not.

If you look in the equipment.plist file, you'll see that the CT launcher is actually a mine. Hence it is pylon mounted and does not require a target to be launched (it finds its own after launch).

The good Captain's advice is correct, but setting things as a mine (equipment name starting EQ_ and ending _MINE) is the easiest way to do it. You can also link in with the HUD icon definition as well (settable in descriptions.plist).
sdrubble
Deadly
Deadly

Post by sdrubble »

Great, thx a lot guys !!!
Capt. Murphy wrote:
"is_external_store" & "requires_empty_pylon" may well be your friends (without looking at the OXP).
Well, I had specifically hunted for the "requires_empty_pylon" property, but Thargoid didn't use it for the Captured Thargons.

As to the "is_external_store" one, I wasn't really aware of it, and I'll note it down for a deeper look soon... although I doubt that this would be the issue here as well, since I've faithfully cloned everything related to the CT's (or at least I had thought so... :? ) and in this case the property would have been inherited by the cloned 'package', so to speak.
Thargoid wrote:
... setting things as a mine (equipment name starting EQ_ and ending _MINE) is the easiest way to do it.
Now, THIS really rings a bell...see below (from equipment.plist ):

Code: Select all

(
	"Captured Thargon Ship Defense System",
	"EQ_CT_MINE",
	"Controller plus 5 captured and reprogrammed Thargon Robot Fighters for ship defense.",
		{
		"available_to_all" = true;
		"conditions" = ("mission_CT_thargonCount equal 0");
		"requires_equipment" = "EQ_FUEL_SCOOPS";
		}
	),

(
	"Captured Thargon Ship Defense System (V2)",
	"EQ_CT_MINE_V2",
	"Controller plus 9 captured and reprogrammed Thargon Robot Fighters for ship defense.",
		{
		"available_to_all" = true;
		"conditions" = ("mission_sdrbl_CT_thargonCount equal 0");
		"requires_equipment" = "EQ_FUEL_SCOOPS";
		}
	),
... as the '_V2' suffix above might be botching the expected 'MINE' termination. A mass-replacement mini-project (towards something like 'EQ_CT_V2_MINE') seems in order soon... :D
Thargoid wrote:
You can also link in with the HUD icon definition as well (settable in descriptions.plist).
I'm not quite sure of what you're saying here... but THIS is how I was doing it (the current item name will soon be renamed, of course):

Code: Select all

"EQ_CT_MINE"    = (0,0, 1,0, 1,2, 2,2, 2,3, "-2",3, "-2",2, "-1",2, "-1","-2", 1,"-2", 1,0, "-1",0 );
	"EQ_CT_MINE_V2" = (0,0, 1,0, 1,2, 2,2, 2,3, "-2",3, "-2",2, "-1",2, "-1","-2", 1,"-2", 1,0, "-1",0 ); 
	// 'EQ_CT_MINE_V2' was copied from 'EQ_CT_MINE'
Thx a lot guys - I'm looking forward to do this change, and I'll report back as soon as possible. Fingers crossed !!! :mrgreen:

Cheers, and take care :D