Armoury OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

Thargoid wrote:
Adds to the list underneath more checks on TCAT...

Thanks - that one's odd though, maybe the script went weird somewhere. It's just a small randomisation of ships orientation, as I couldn't think of a way to get the PC to smack the player around the head enough to stun them :twisted:
One way to stun them would be to set their yaw/pitch/roll temporarily to 0.0. don't know if that's possible though.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Nope, those kind of stats are shipdata.plist fixed and read-only.
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

Could you make the missile cause the player's screen to flash white for a few seconds? Hard to aim when you can't SEE. 8)
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Only by a horrible bodge (spawning a small entity with a large white flasher directly in front of the player and moving it every 0.25s to be in front).

But without knowing how large the player ship is nor any way to react more quickly to (for example) the use of fuel injectors it would be very much of a poor solution.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

OK just updated to Armoury 1.01, the player is now included in the stun bomb effect. In the players case it just randomises the orientation of the ship and loses the target lock-on. Not true stunning, but the best that can be done.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Isn't there a stun missile already in Missiles & Bombs.oxp? What does it do?

EDIT: Ah, no. It's only a stunnedAI.

For an alternative approach to stunning the player have a look into flying Dutchman.oxp. There I let the Dutchman's AI throw a safeScriptActionOnTarget: performTumble at the player. Astonishingly it works. You could do the same in the missile's AI.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

It's a bomb rather than a missile (it has a chance of affecting any ship on the bomber's scanner). But I could probably work your suggestion into it somewhere, I must admit I hadnt thought of SSAoT used against the player.

Ponders what other wicked opportunities that may open up ;) :twisted: Thanks.
Poro
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Poro »

Sounds good, I've just replaced the other OXPs which Armoury1.01 updates. Since I didn't spend much time on the stand-alone OXP, I'm looking forward to the new weapons :D
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

I seem to recall that running into another ship or object can give your ship a very messed-up movement vector at least till your ship's thrusters overcome it. It too could use a bit of "tumble dry". :lol:
tonyhippy
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by tonyhippy »

Everything seems to be functioning for me except no AMS. On 1.73 it was on offer everywhere, but on 1.74 haven't seen it on offer anywhere.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

The sub-OXP bits are essentially just copy/pastes (for backward compatibility with their originals). I'll check that nothing's cocked up when I did the transfer though...
Rebecca
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Rebecca »

Switeck wrote:
If I find a rock hermit, I usually drop off everything I have at the main station and go shuttle what the rock hermit has to the main station as well. I usually get 1-3k credits profit for my efforts.
if i find a rock hermit... well... i have a reputation to uphold! 8)

B.
Becca the Hermit Slayer, and part-time unpredictable avatar assassin.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

tonyhippy wrote:
Everything seems to be functioning for me except no AMS. On 1.73 it was on offer everywhere, but on 1.74 haven't seen it on offer anywhere.
The AMS requires the Missile Analyser. Do you still have that installed and operational on your ship? If not then the AMS won't be offered as equipment for sale, nor will it work if you have it installed on your ship without an operational MA installed too...

Just tested Armoury 1.01 on my system, and it works fine for me. At least it did does once I put MI back in (had a slim-down of OXPs temporarily whilst I was sorting out depreciation in my own ones).
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Until I installed Armoury, I didn't use all the OXPs that Armoury replaced. Tried the Probe Missile out yesterday for the first time.

One question, how do you aim the missile? Thought it would fly off in the direction I am pointing (ie towards the front view), however it didn't do that, it flew off to starboard?

Is this correct behaviour?
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

No it should fly off in the direction you're pointing.

What version of Oolite are you running, 1.74 or 1.75?

Also is it repeatable?