To Catch a Thargoid OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: To Catch a Thargoid OXP

Post by Thargoid »

The AI recursion error could possibly be the issue.

Can you please download this file, which contains a replacement AI file and a replacement shipdata.plist file (which should fix the missile launch position error).

Replace the files in question, then restart Oolite with shift held down (to clear the cache) and see if that fixes the problem please. If it does I'll update the main OXP download with the new files.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

richard.a.p.smith wrote:
17:40:42.236 [rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 2.1.0 ("2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2281"). Vendor: "Intel". Renderer: "Intel(R) HD Graphics".
That's not the latest Graphics Driver for that card. Might be worth trying the most recent. These links should be to the right pages on the Intel Download site, but double check the search criteria match your hardware/software before you download and install anything.

Win 7 32bit - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchR ... 832-bit%29*

Win 7 64bit - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchR ... 864-bit%29*

If Win 7 64bit you may also be running into similar graphics card using more memory than Oolite allows issue that I've had....I think the HD also can use up to 1.7GB of system memory as video memory. But that's also included in Oolite's 2GB limit. The tweak with the fix has been added to Trunk (nightly builds).

https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.ph ... 15#p168232
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
richard.a.p.smith
Deadly
Deadly

Post by richard.a.p.smith »

Hello again

Thanks for the responses!
The AI recursion error could possibly be the issue.

Can you please download this file, which contains a replacement AI file and a replacement shipdata.plist file (which should fix the missile launch position error).

Replace the files in question, then restart Oolite with shift held down (to clear the cache) and see if that fixes the problem please. If it does I'll update the main OXP download with the new files.
I managed to finish that mission by skipping the "shoot everything that moves" bit and am now elsewhere. So I am not sure what to do with regards to downloading and updating. Do you mean do the above things and delete some lines from the save file, go back and see what happens? Given Okti's reply, perhaps this might get fixed, no?
That's not the latest Graphics Driver for that card. Might be worth trying the most recent. These links should be to the right pages on the Intel Download site, but double check the search criteria match your hardware/software before you download and install anything.

Win 7 32bit - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchR ... 32-bit%29*

Win 7 64bit - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchR ... 64-bit%29*

If Win 7 64bit you may also be running into similar graphics card using more memory than Oolite allows issue that I've had....I think the HD also can use up to 1.7GB of system memory as video memory. But that's also included in Oolite's 2GB limit. The tweak with the fix has been added to Trunk (nightly builds).

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11455&start=15#p168232
I had a look at Intel and Toshiba; Intel say it's a modified product so go to Toshiba, Toshiba say it's up to date. Not to try to argue but I'm not exactly an expert on fiddling with PCs so don't want to inadvertently mess things up. It's only been those occasions that I had a problem so I'll leave that for now but am grateful for the time you spend looking. If I get problems elsewhere I'll have a look.

Thanks again for the good work on all this stuff!

Richard
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

richard.a.p.smith wrote:

I had a look at Intel and Toshiba; Intel say it's a modified product so go to Toshiba, Toshiba say it's up to date. Not to try to argue but I'm not exactly an expert on fiddling with PCs so don't want to inadvertently mess things up. It's only been those occasions that I had a problem so I'll leave that for now but am grateful for the time you spend looking. If I get problems elsewhere I'll have a look.

Thanks again for the good work on all this stuff!

Richard
Probably wise if you are not 100% sure what you are doing. My HP laptop is the same - HP have only validated 3 drivers so far for my machine in a year or so since it's release, and none since July 2011 (all except the oldest of which have annoying texturing anomalies with Oolite), Intel are releasing bug fixed drivers every couple of months.

If you still have problems, and are happy with the disclaimers, Intel provide instructions on circumventing OEM driver restrictions on their site see this post for a link https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.ph ... 44#p168390.
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Anyway, I've updated the OXP to v1.11 to include the fix for the AI recursion loop problem and also the missile position glitch. It would have been nice to confirm that the fix sorted everything out, but if you've gone past being able to do that then no big issue.

Anyway download is via the links below, as normal.
richard.a.p.smith
Deadly
Deadly

Post by richard.a.p.smith »

I just noticed log errors to do with this oxp

20:14:58.322 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (TCAT_missionScript 1.0): TypeError: System.infoForSystem(galaxyNumber, system.ID).routeToSystem(System.infoForSystem(galaxyNumber, 168)) is null
20:14:58.322 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ../AddOns/TCAT 1.11.oxp/Scripts/TCAT_missionScript.js, line 314.

I was in g2 at Ersoonve, g-jump to the place in the prodigal suns in g3 and docked, the log entry was after that.

Presumably I should remove the oxp from the add-ons folder but thought it might be useful to post the errors.

Rich.
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Finished TCAT. What an epic end. Better than the movies!. Well done Thargoid and thank you for providing this epic mission pack. :).

Now off to G4 and then to 5. :D
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Just a quick note to add my thanks for this mission set too ... I had a blast, as they say! :D
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

:D That was the plan (especially the ending).

Seems like this OXP is starting to take off somewhat, judging by the vote level on Seventh's page. And with almost 1650 downloads it's doing OK on that side of things too compared to its siblings.

But nice to get feedback anyway, especially positive stuff :twisted:
Runghold
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Runghold »

Great Mission! i enjoyed plaing it and it still works with v1.84.
Thargoid wrote:
Jump through the gate and sabotage the station on the other side (if you can get to it ;) ).
Hint: Disable the Docking Clearance Protocol for this sabotage since the Thargoid Station of course will not allow you to dock. I got fined 5 000 Cr after destroying the station - once when docking at the rock hermit in the same system and (after reloading and again destroying the spy station) once when i docked at the system main station (where i had clearance).

Antother Hint: Unless you fly a cargo pod sized ship, do not activate the Instrument Landing System (if fitted) to dock at this station - at least not for the final approach. The auto-roll will try to stuff you in there whilst "twisted" by 90°.