Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Stealth OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: [BUGFIX] Stealth OXP - v1.03

Post by Smivs »

Wireframe mode ?

Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: [BUGFIX] Stealth OXP - v1.03

Post by Thargoid »

Can you take this out of my OXP thread please? :twisted:
tenorman1971
Above Average
Above Average

Re: Stealth OXP

Post by tenorman1971 »

I've come across a similar problem. Flying around the system in question, and no sign of the base. I realise that there's plenty of the system that I've missed, but flying the usual suspect areas has yielded nothing. Perhaps it is just *really* hard to find.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Firstly make sure you've got the up to date version of the OXP (v 1.04) as at least one of the earlier versions had a bug which stopped the base being spawned).

With that (and a shift-restart) go to the relevant system. Now these pirate types aren't well known for liking planetary food, but they do like a nice tan whilst lying back on their rocky base...
mcarans
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mcarans »

Just a small point. The release date on the OXP list for this OXP is 2011-7-13. Is this correct? If so, can you change it to 2011-07-13 as otherwise the sort by release date doesn't work?

Cheers,
Mike
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Done, presuming you were meaning the OXP list on the wiki.
tenorman1971
Above Average
Above Average

Post by tenorman1971 »

Still no luck :-( Right version as far as I can tell (1.04) and running Oolite v1.75.2 (trunk version May 2). Unless your hints were too cryptic I thought I followed them precisely (and also destroyed or mined every rocky object I could find).
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

The PM I sent you details how to reset the mission. You had missed it first time around, from what the mission variables say. I think when I get some time I might have to look at this one again and make it a little different to try and overcome the "miss it completely" scenario.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

I've up'd this OXP to version 1.05 (and the minimum requirement to Oolite 1.76) after the this good feedback and discussion.

The basic mission structure is the same, but the wording on some of the mission screens is clearer and there are a few extra warnings and catches to prevent the mission being misplayed (for example once you arrive in the target system, you will now get a warning if you try and leave before completing it, as that will lead to failure).

Downloads via the links below as normal, and thanks to Stewart for the feedback.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

And for those who have previously failed the mission, or who may just want to try it again, I've uploaded Stealth Reset OXP to my box account.

It's a little script OXP to temporarily install alongside Stealth OXP (v1.05 or higher) which will offer to reset the variables for the mission, allowing it to be offered again. Once the reset has been done, the game should be saved and the reset OXP (but not Stealth OXP itself) uninstalled.