Contractor mkII OXZ

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: [UPDATE RELEASE] Contractor

Post by Smivs »

v1.5 now available.
Smivs wrote:
v1.4 OXZ is now available.
This version is now fully converted for Oolite v1.80.
Ahem, not quite as I forgot to update the Contractor's custom HUD, which is based on an early version of my CombatHUD.
So v1.5 is now available with a customised version of the current CombatHUD.

N.B. Due to an administrative error the previous version had a sub-optimal identifier (which in English means I screwed up!) which has been corrected for this version. It does however mean that the Expansions Manager will not automatically over-write the old version, so please manually remove v1.4 before installing v1.5.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Smivs wrote:
N.B. Due to an administrative error the previous version had a sub-optimal identifier (which in English means I screwed up!) which has been corrected for this version. It does however mean that the Expansions Manager will not automatically over-write the old version, so please manually remove v1.4 before installing v1.5.
In that case, since it will at some point have been installed by someone who doesn't read the BB, I suggest you set it so that it conflicts with the old version, and put a note to that effect in the comment as well..
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Good plan, that man! Done.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Another thought.. if you haven't already done so, change the Status of the 1.4 version to 'Deleted'.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

I actually did that. :D
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

Diziet Sma wrote:
In that case, since it will at some point have been installed by someone who doesn't read the BB, I suggest you set it so that it conflicts with the old version, and put a note to that effect in the comment as well..
I don't know / can't recall how to do that - and I need to do it for some expansion packs of mine. Are we thinking of some check somewhere within a worldscript, or is there some more dedicated / officlal method? Someone enlighen me, please? Thanks.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Just log in to the Expansion Manager and open the manifest for the OXZ in question. At the bottom of the manifest is the section for dependencies where conflicts can also be detailed.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Update release - v1.6

A minor update of this OXZ has now been released, and is available via the Expansions Manager, or wiki page (download).

Changelog:-
1) Code/Scripting updated for compliance with Oolite v1.81. Sub-entities now use new-style definitions. Scripts use "use strict". This removes previous log errors.
2) HUD improvements. The alpha (opacity) of the 'Red Alert' dials and graphic have been slightly reduced to improve vision around the crosshairs.
3) Engine sub-entities replaced - these are now the improved ones from 'The Classic Ships' replacing the old 'Smivs'Shipset' versions.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

Smivs wrote:
Update release - v1.6

A minor update of this OXZ has now been released, and is available via the Expansions Manager, or wiki page (download).

Changelog:-
1) Code/Scripting updated for compliance with Oolite v1.81. Sub-entities now use new-style definitions. Scripts use "use strict". This removes previous log errors.
2) HUD improvements. The alpha (opacity) of the 'Red Alert' dials and graphic have been slightly reduced to improve vision around the crosshairs.
3) Engine sub-entities replaced - these are now the improved ones from 'The Classic Ships' replacing the old 'Smivs'Shipset' versions.
Good stuff.