What does Target System Memory Expansion eqpt do?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

masona2
Competent
Competent

What does Target System Memory Expansion eqpt do?

Post by masona2 »

And the Scanner Targeting Enhancement eqpt?

Newbee.
Elite.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

The Scanner Targeting Enhancement tracks a ship by drawing a box around it, with a label stating what it is. Also it puts an arrow on your cross hairs to indicate the direction the ship is in relation to your position, so you can easily orient your ship to follow it even when the target is off screen.

The System Memory Expansion, works in conjunction with the STE, and basically exands the number of targets your ship will track. You can target a single ship at any one time, but if you target several ships in a group you can then switch between them by pressing the + and - keys (on my keyboard the + is on the = key). The SME can track upto 16 separate target locks.

And (this is good) even if the ship goes out of range (when you get the message "Target Lost"), and later catch up with the same ship, you can reestablish the lock by pressing the + or - keys again.

Hope that helps?!
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

OK here is an example. The Behemoth in this pic has been targetted, see the green box around it. And on my crosshairs, see the little green arrow pointing towards the target.

JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!