Trunk 3163 Custom Hud Problem!

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

Trunk 3163 Custom Hud Problem!

Post by NorthenderPNE »

Since using the latest Trunk 3163 My Hud has gone from this:

To this:

It was fine with Trunk 3154 :cry:
Last edited by NorthenderPNE on Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

* Deleted now-obsolete post *
Last edited by Diziet Sma on Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

Post by NorthenderPNE »

Thanks for the tip Diziet, i was wondering how to get the images to show in my post. Loves you........cough!!!!!

:wink:
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Just the thanks would have been enough.. :mrgreen: 8)
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Please empty your AddOns folder and add the retro HUD OXP only. I have no problem viewing it with the latest trunk here.
NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

Post by NorthenderPNE »

I'm still having the same problem with it being the only addon used. Deleted the cache file and no joy. This is an edited retro hud for personal use, but it has been fine up until now. Hmm!!!!!

Replaced the original Base.png and that works fine, so why has mine stopped working in 3163 when it was fine up until then?

Thanks anyway another_commander.

:cry:
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

NorthenderPNE wrote:
I'm still having the same problem with it being the only addon used. Deleted the cache file and no joy. This is an edited retro hud for personal use, but it has been fine up until now. Hmm!!!!!

Replaced the original Base.png and that works fine, so why has mine stopped working in 3163 when it was fine up until then?

Thanks anyway another_commander.

:cry:
My theory of what happened: You edited base.png and saved it as a png, but probably without alpha channel information. You started Oolite without holding Shift after that, so Oolite did not see any changes. You continued with the game until at some point close to 3163 you either started it up with Shift or added/removed an OXP, so the cache was recreated. At that point Oolilte attempted to load the borked png for the first time, making you think that something went wrong with 3163.

This could all be complete lies, of course. Just a theory ;-)
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Interesting theory! Plus, if the cache version went up between 3154 & 3163 (another pure conjecture!) the cache would have been rebuilt anyway, even without pressing shift...
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Zieman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zieman »

Don't do this!
Diziet Sma wrote:
Fixed your links..
(you need to use the "Embed this image - Forum" link to the right of your pic at imageshack)
Use the Embed thumbnails of this image - Forum instead, to save forum bandwith and to keep your posts tidy.
Before:
After:

Many people still have screens that are no more than 1280 (or less) pixels wide, so it is polite to post thumbnail-links to images wider than 800 (640) pixels.
...and keep it under lightspeed!

Friendliest Meteor Police that side of Riedquat

[EliteWiki] Far Arm ships
[EliteWiki] Z-ships
[EliteWiki] Baakili Far Trader
[EliteWiki] Tin of SPAM
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Zieman wrote:
Many people still have screens that are no more than 1280 (or less) pixels wide, so it is polite to post thumbnail-links to images wider than 800 (640) pixels.
Alternatively imageshack can automagically resize your pictures to 640x480 or 800x600 on upload. This is what I do most of the time.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

another_commander wrote:
My theory of what happened: You edited base.png and saved it as a png, but probably without alpha channel information.
Possibly somewhat related: What program did you use to edit base.png, NorthenderPNE?
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

Post by NorthenderPNE »

Possibly somewhat related: What program did you use to edit base.png, NorthenderPNE?
I used Paint.net, but like i said it was fine up until the latest release. I've been using it without problems from Trunk version 3083 until the latest Trunk 3163. :cry:

@Zieman
Use the Embed thumbnails of this image - Forum instead, to save forum bandwith and to keep your posts tidy.
Noted for future reference, thanks mate. :wink:
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Hmm, curioser and curioser.

We'll be v grateful if you can you upload your customised png! We can then have a proper look, and hopefully avoid the same problem affecting other png files.
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

This makes me wonder if it's related to the recent changes regarding PNG files made in trunk.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Kaks wrote:
Hmm, curioser and curioser.

We'll be v grateful if you can you upload your customised png! We can then have a proper look, and hopefully avoid the same problem affecting other png files.
The same happens to FighterHUD (the small ship in the lower right corner). After removing the alpha channel and reassigning it for the area that has to be transparent (in GIMP) it works again. The pic is 128x128 px.

Win XP - Oolite r3163 (nightly)

Edit:
Testcase -> http://www.box.net/shared/7jj68pr1uu

The original pic was indexed (256 colors), so it's probably different to Frame's report. But who knows .-)