"NVIDIA has detected an unresolvable OpenGL ..."

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

"NVIDIA has detected an unresolvable OpenGL ..."

Post by Lestradae »

Just updated to RVN 3074.

Don't know if it is something you guys did since RVN 303X or something I did since then, but the game suddenly runs massively faster, again. Three or four times, subjectively said. Completely fluid.

But, after any witchjump, I get a screen message that says something like "NVIDIA has detected an unresolvable OpenGL XXX and has to close the program".

Is this a known problem with Windows or generally with these RVN numbers? I have never had this message before. The screen then just freezes over and I have to cancel Oolite with the monitor.

Report over.

EDIT: Aha! This is what my stderr log has to say on the matter:
ALERT ... GSCurrentThread() ... objc_thread_get_data() call returned nil! Your application MUST call GSRegisterCurrentThread() before attempting to use any GNUstep code from a thread other than the main GNUstep thread.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Does this happen without any OXPs installed? Which was the last revision that worked well for you?
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

I did try without oxps, but the problem is that the problem decided to spontanously disappear. I tried to recreate it but while the error message and freezeover happened every time I tried a witchjump first, now all works fine.

And the new fast speed stayed. No idea, will report if it happens again and immediately retry without oxps ...