Oolite Mac OS X – Trunk nightly builds

Discussion and announcements regarding the Mac port… er, original version of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Oolite Mac OS X – Trunk nightly builds

Post by Diziet Sma »

Ah.. that explains it.. :lol:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Getafix
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: A small ice asteroid, orbiting Oresrati in Galaxy 8 (a.k.a. northwest Armorica).

Post by Getafix »

<Getafix turned black & red looking down at his feet, hiding his wings at his back...>
"Any sufficiently advanced information is indistinguishable from noise." [Newman, Lachmann, Moore]
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Oolite Windows - Trunk nightly builds

Post by pagroove »

Hello Getafix. Do I understand it correctly that to upload a mac trunk nightly you have to do all sorts of things because it doesn't build automatically now.?
Because from the Terrastorage link I get a build that is does not have an Oolite app.?
:D Just asking for better understanding.
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Moved pagroove's post from Oolite-PC nightlies thread to the Mac equivalent as it is directly Mac-nightly related.
Getafix
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: A small ice asteroid, orbiting Oresrati in Galaxy 8 (a.k.a. northwest Armorica).

Re: Oolite Windows - Trunk nightly builds

Post by Getafix »

pagroove wrote:
Hello Getafix. Do I understand it correctly that to upload a mac trunk nightly you have to do all sorts of things because it doesn't build automatically now.?
Yes that is the case. The Mac nightly was being built automatically on Ahruman's server but it stopped more than a month ago, March 9 at f9588d2. :cry:
Being a complete alien for the Mac world, I thought I had succeeded in replicating Ahruman's nightly builds. :oops:
pagroove wrote:
Because from the Terrastorage link I get a build that is does not have an Oolite app.?
:D Just asking for better understanding.
Thanx for bring it up! 8)
I will try to fix that today.
"Any sufficiently advanced information is indistinguishable from noise." [Newman, Lachmann, Moore]
Getafix
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Getafix »

@pagroove

I have uploaded an updated package with, from what it seems, the correct folder structure.
Let me know if further issues exist.

Cheers! :)
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Will try and download and look into it. :D
If any further issues arise I let you know. :)
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Getafix
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Getafix »

A different mishap for terrastorage will keep the server down for a couple of days more.
Read here.
Getafix
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Getafix »

Terrastorage down due to extensive memory check. Read here.

EDIT (2016/05/14):
Test completed successfully.
SMax
Above Average
Above Average

Post by SMax »

oolite-trunk-1.85.0.160812-dev.mac cannot download OXP:
[10:20:34.379 [oxz.manager.error]: Error downloading file: Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1022 "The resource could not be loaded because the App Transport Security policy requires the use of a secure connection." UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x10c952ff0 {Error Domain=kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork Code=-1022 "The resource could not be loaded because the App Transport Security policy requires the use of a secure connection." UserInfo={NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=http://addons.oolite.org/api/1.0/overview, NSLocalizedDescription=The resource could not be loaded because the App Transport Security policy requires the use of a secure connection., NSErrorFailingURLKey=http://addons.oolite.org/api/1.0/overview}}, NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=http://addons.oolite.org/api/1.0/overview, NSErrorFailingURLKey=http://addons.oolite.org/api/1.0/overview, NSLocalizedDescription=The resource could not be loaded because the App Transport Security policy requires the use of a secure connection.}
Fix (edit info.plist in .app): http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3263 ... licy-requi

Current trunk (oolite-trunk-1.85.0.160914-dev.mac.zip) have broken archive.
All my OXP on Wiki. Sources on Bitbucket.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

This has been a known issue (and proposed solution) for a long while. Check issue #170 for the related discussion.

Edit: ... and fix commited on revision eef1280.
Getafix
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Getafix »

SMax wrote:
...Current trunk (oolite-trunk-1.85.0.160914-dev.mac.zip) have broken archive.
Missed that one... :oops:
Going to manual!
Getafix
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Getafix »

Due to a bizarre mac nightly status page produced... the April Fool's day :!: :?: :!:
an automatic redirect, to an alternative page, has been applied, as a precautionary measure.
The redirect should automatically be removed with the next fresh mac nightly build.

@JensAyton
It seems as if git has been configured to produce short hash having eight chars instead of the usual seven.
As a result, a string comparison condition, such as "31394c50" != "31394c5", triggered a new nightly build for mac.
Considering that for git the two hashes "31394c50" and "31394c5" actually refer to the same commit, the produced change-log was empty.

EDIT
Apologies for the big change-log. The last build, on the alternative build server, was performed some three months ago.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

hiran wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:32 am
Cholmondely wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:07 am
Apologies: I can try to download, I can try to run. Have not done anything yet.
Please download and run the game. I'd be very much interested how far you get.
If you write down what you perceive that should be good enough for someone to take it further.
What should I be downloading?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Post by hiran »

Cholmondely wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:57 pm
hiran wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:32 am
Cholmondely wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:07 am
Apologies: I can try to download, I can try to run. Have not done anything yet.
Please download and run the game. I'd be very much interested how far you get.
If you write down what you perceive that should be good enough for someone to take it further.
What should I be downloading?
Please check https://github.com/HiranChaudhuri/oolite/releases
If you like, get in Jitsi and we can experience it together...
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite