[Resource] ADCK's Behemoths

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

Quick question, does this OXP replace the original Behemoth. More to the point, will it work with BehemothSpacewar 1.2.3 and any other OXP they requires the original Behemoth.oxp.

If not, I assume that there are no conflicts between these and your version.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

Q: Quick question, does this OXP replace the original Behemoth.
Answer: Yes.

Q: Will it work with BehemothSpacewar 1.2.3 and any other OXP they requires the original Behemoth.oxp.
Answer: I don't have behemoth spacewar and since the wikis down cant grab it so I can;t 100% guarantee it will work...
but since my shader version uses the same dictionary entry names as the original it should work with any oxp that uses the original behemoths.oxp

See the first post on the first page for more info.

And for those that missed it, Version 1.1 is out now, see the first page for more info.
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

ADCK wrote:
Q: Quick question, does this OXP replace the original Behemoth.
Answer: Yes.

Q: Will it work with BehemothSpacewar 1.2.3 and any other OXP they requires the original Behemoth.oxp.
Answer: I don't have behemoth spacewar and since the wikis down cant grab it, but since my shader version uses the same dictionary entry names as the original it should work with any oxp that uses the original behemoths.oxp
It's just finished downloading, so I got a lot of answers from your read-me. Thank you.

I have uploaded "BehemothSpacewar 1.2.3.zip" in case you want to have a look at it. To avoid confusion with future versions etc. when the Wiki is back up, I will remove it in a couple of days.
http://www.box.net/shared/sdq7ed5u82
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

Thanks, from the brief look I had at the files, I can't see anything that would conflict.
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

ADCK wrote:
Thanks, from the brief look I had at the files, I can't see anything that would conflict.
Since I'm already pestering you with stupid questions. :oops:

I am correct in assuming that ADCK's Behemoths does not replace Galctic_Navy.oxp and thargoidcarrier.oxp, but rather enhances these, since you are not asking us to remove them in the read me.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

ADCK wrote:
Answer: I don't have behemoth spacewar and since the wikis down cant grab it so I can;t 100% guarantee it will work...
but since my shader version uses the same dictionary entry names as the original it should work with any oxp that uses the original behemoths.oxp
BehemothSpacewar looks is a certain script is installed. If not he adds generic police instead of behemoths. The ADCK version uses the same script name as the original Behemoth.oxp, so it should work. And it does with me.
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

Gimi wrote:
ADCK wrote:
Since I'm already pestering you with stupid questions. :oops:

I am correct in assuming that ADCK's Behemoths does not replace Galctic_Navy.oxp and thargoidcarrier.oxp, but rather enhances these, since you are not asking us to remove them in the read me.
Correct.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

ADCK wrote:
Updated First Page's post with new info.

Version 1.1 released.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nzm22jnhbnd

it's 36Mb so I can't use box.net, Which means I have to use mediafire, which may be a problem since mediafire has an annoying rule of:
Uploaded files will be stored as long as the user logs-in into his/her account at least once every 60 days or at least one of the files is downloaded every 30 days
So If anyone else wan't to mirror it, feel free to.
Here you are, ADCK.. it's now mirrored at Dizzy's Oolite Downloads: http://s248731467.onlinehome.us/adcks_b ... .1.oxp.zip
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

It doesn't say in the readme, but is this new v1.1, the Galactic Navy OXP compatible version?

Can you do a version history please, so we can see what is new?
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

JazHaz wrote:
It doesn't say in the readme, but is this new v1.1, the Galactic Navy OXP compatible version?

Can you do a version history please, so we can see what is new?
Yes, this one does add the GalNavy Compatibility.

As for keeping a version history... Most of the changes I made I did over 2 months ago, I've forgotten most of what I've added,
But here's what I remember:
*Version 1.0 was mainly just a retexture with shaders of the original with around 80 new named ships, earlier posts in this thread should have more info.
Version 1.1
Added:
*Two versions of Aegidian's "Type 1" Behemoth, retextured by PAGroove.
(Each with 8 diff names, using hi-res textures)
*Two versions of Nemoricus's Galactic Navy's Frigate, remodelled slightly.
(Used by Galactic Navy)
*Nine versions of ADCK's Thargoid.
(Random Thargoid Encounter, also used by Galactic Navy)
*A new retexture of Selezen's Thargoid Carrier.
*A new thargoid carrier by ADCK.
*A new Military Station by ADCK.
(Used by Galactic Navy)
*A new class of ship "Destroyer" with a massive cannon on the front. by ADCK.
(Used by Galactic Navy)
*New viper and asp defense ships, "medship", "shuttle", "transport", "transporter" using Simon B's models from neolites.
(Used by Galactic Navy, and some used as defence ships on standard behemoths)
*Retextured versions of Nemoricus' Military Station Type 1, Minesweeper, Radar. With Shaders.
(Used by Galactic Navy)
*Retextured versions of Simon B's Thargoid and Thargon.
(Random Thargoid Encounter, just a retexture)

It doesn't overwrite anything in Galactic Navy (I hope, there may be something I overlooked), just works along-side it, I might make an override.plist for those that want them all to use the new content only at a later date.
Note: I should test it with a standard version of Galactic Navy, as The version I have of Galactic Navy is heavily customised... (Eg: I've replaced every single ship, altered the spawn rates, done a whole buch of stuff)
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

Just realised I forgot to do new versions of the pirate ships/reserve ships featured in Gal Navy, although since these are like_ships of standard oolite ships any ship pack that overwrites the standard ships will also replace them...

I might make some custom version of those ships one day.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

ADCK wrote:
The version I have of Galactic Navy is heavily customised... (Eg: I've replaced every single ship, altered the spawn rates, done a whole buch of stuff)
This might be an opportunity to make ADCK's Galactic Navy OXP? :D
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

JazHaz wrote:
ADCK wrote:
The version I have of Galactic Navy is heavily customised... (Eg: I've replaced every single ship, altered the spawn rates, done a whole buch of stuff)
This might be an opportunity to make ADCK's Galactic Navy OXP? :D
Hmm, not really needed I think.
Other than a few minor script changes and increasing the amount of navy ships and thargoids that spawn, most of the changes are just an earlier attempt making the OXP this thread is about (Updating all the ships in behemoths and Gal Navy) and I could get that done with a small "shipdata-overrides.plist" file instead.
Cows
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cows »

Along with behemoths.oxp, so far it hasn't gone well for me with the neolite-megaships oxp.

However, it worked fine when I removed neolite-megaships.
Am I just being stupid? :|