Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Ive got 2 missions in south west of gal 7!

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

biffa
Above Average
Above Average

Ive got 2 missions in south west of gal 7!

Post by biffa »

hi everyone

Again i would like to say thanks to all who have put in so much hard work on the new elite and its oxp's :)

I have re installed the new version of elite (1.73) and have worked through the oxps to galaxy 7 (assassins guild ).now my problem is im well stuck..two missions are in the south west corner of gal 7.kill commander manko..mission from a seedy space bar and also visit d'ecrcul at ataer.both planets are in the south west corner.

I have tried to change the planet info and galaxy hoped from 7...back to 7 in the south west corner but it still places me out of the area no one can reach.here is the code i tried to chane planet info to:

Code: Select all

// Uncomment the desired behaviour for galactic hyperspace exit. Fixed coordinates will put the arrival
   // of an intergalactic jump on map coordinates specified by the key galactic_hyperspace_fixed_coords.
   "galactic_hyperspace_behaviour" =    //"GALACTIC_HYPERSPACE_BEHAVIOUR_STANDARD";
                  "GALACTIC_HYPERSPACE_BEHAVIOUR_ALL_SYSTEMS_REACHABLE";
                  //"GALACTIC_HYPERSPACE_BEHAVIOUR_FIXED_COORDINATES";

// When using the GALACTIC_HYPERSPACE_BEHAVIOUR_FIXED_COORDINATES, the key below is used to specify the
   // actual fixed coordinates for the intergalactic jump.
   "galactic_hyperspace_fixed_coords" =    "96 96";
i dunno if thats right but also if i cant get it to work if i carry on with my save in the new galaxy will my mission be the same as the red crosses have gone from the gal map or will it trigger new missions?(like recapture d'ercul in the new gal 7) and how would i reset the seedy space bar mission please if i cannot get into the south west corner?any help here would be gratefull thanks again.

heres a full copy of the planet info:
{
"interstellar space" =
{
sky_color_1 = (0, 1, 0.5);
sky_color_2 = (0, 1, 0);
sky_n_stars = 480;
sky_n_blobs = 128;
};

universal =
{
// The two multiplier values below determine how many more stars will be used to populate space
// with respect to the number normally used. Apply to all systems by being included in the
// "universal" section.
star_count_multiplier = 2;
nebula_count_multiplier = 1;

corona_flare = 0.075;

// Default docking clearance requirement for main stations.
stations_require_docking_clearance = no;
};

// Uncomment the desired behaviour for galactic hyperspace exit. Fixed coordinates will put the arrival
// of an intergalactic jump on map coordinates specified by the key galactic_hyperspace_fixed_coords.
"galactic_hyperspace_behaviour" = //"GALACTIC_HYPERSPACE_BEHAVIOUR_STANDARD";
"GALACTIC_HYPERSPACE_BEHAVIOUR_ALL_SYSTEMS_REACHABLE";
//"GALACTIC_HYPERSPACE_BEHAVIOUR_FIXED_COORDINATES";

// When using the GALACTIC_HYPERSPACE_BEHAVIOUR_FIXED_COORDINATES, the key below is used to specify the
"galactic_hyperspace_fixed_coords" = "96 96";

}

i have tried a few searchs but have only found one thread on this problem...heres the link to it:

https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.ph ... t=esarxeve

Biffy the limping wizard aka biffaman from runescape
Last edited by biffa on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

You may have a problem with your Oolite installation or edited something the wrong way. For version 1.73.x, the related section in planetinfo.plist should read:

"galactic_hyperspace_behaviour" = 	"BEHAVIOUR_STANDARD";
						//"BEHAVIOUR_ALL_SYSTEMS_REACHABLE";
						//"BEHAVIOUR_FIXED_COORDINATES";

"galactic_hyperspace_fixed_coords" = 	"96 96";
The GALACTIC_HYPERSPACE_ prefix has been removed from 1.73 onwards. Also, remember to press Shift when restarting Oolite for the change to take effect.
Edit: I just noticed that the fixed coordinates comment can confuse people, as it still refers to GALACTIC_HYPERSPACE_FIXED_COORDINATES. Will correct soon.
biffa
Above Average
Above Average

Post by biffa »

Thanks for the speedy reply im try the new info now and yup i held shift till the cobra appeared..im hope this works..cheers :)

tried the new scipt..and still the same..im at enriorar in the south west corner of gal 6..and when i gal jump it puts me at tiared..out of the south west corner!

ohh well..i dunno what to try now,i did a new install of widows (formated the hd) and installed widows xp.so in theory ive re stated oolite from scratch and only placed in the add on folder the oxps for each galaxy as i go to them.

thanks again for the help :)
Last edited by biffa on Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Well, I just tried the very same jump and it took me to Inreear, which is exactly where it should take me. Did you copy/paste my previous snippet exactly as it is? I ask because in that snippet we have the default behaviour defined, not the one you wanted. The actual planetinfo section to do what you want, would be

"galactic_hyperspace_behaviour" = 	//"BEHAVIOUR_STANDARD";
						"BEHAVIOUR_ALL_SYSTEMS_REACHABLE";
						//"BEHAVIOUR_FIXED_COORDINATES";
Hope this helps.
biffa
Above Average
Above Average

Post by biffa »

THANK YOU

i used that code in your last post and it worked a treat :)

thanks very much for your help.it was just in time as ive got to go shopping now and i cannot wait to get back to try the new area:)

CHEERS :)
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: Ive got 2 missions in south west of gal 7!

Post by Eric Walch »

biffa wrote:
.now my problem is im well stuck..two missions are in the south west corner of gal 7.kill commander manko..mission from a seedy space bar and also visit d'ecrcul at ataer.both planets are in the south west corner.
With a bit of effort (and the fuelTank.oxp), they are reachable :roll:

Sell your missiles and buy a few fueltanks. Just above that isolated piece of galaxy there are two systems were a misjump between them will bring you exactly within 7 LY distance. Fill up your fuel and you can jump there. :wink:

However, there is no way you can jump back to the main part of the system. :twisted:
biffa
Above Average
Above Average

Post by biffa »

Wow!

Thanks eric,i didnt know that and its great to have that info for future reference and also if anyone else as the same problem.

dang! i thought i might be able to jump back into the normal system...ohh well another few hours of gal hoping lol...might take in the sights in gal 1 :D

cheers :)
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

I wonder, would it be possible to add a star system or deep space station in the interstellar space through an OXP?

I have no plans on visiting G7 anytime soon, just curious.
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Sure, you can add stations, ships & 'witchspace planets' to specific hyperspace locations using planetinfo.plist:

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Planet ... r_settings
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Only problem is if you dock at such a station in interstellar space, when you launch you will be back in normal space in the system you were headed for.
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Yep, there's that 'minor problem'...

hmm, maybe in 1.74+ we could add an override setting to keep the player in interstellar space after docking...
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

Oh.

What about star systems? Is it possible to add new complete systems that can be hyperspaced to? or is each galactic sector limited to the 200ish systems?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

It's 256 per chart (2^8 ). :wink:

And while you can add as many planets and moons as you like, you cannot add a sun. Also you cannot change that ghoolish green background light. And of course you cannot make it appear on the map as a system, therefore you cannot target it and jump into it except by mis-jump.

If you can live with these restrictions, feel free to create interstellar systems (of course there are already OXPs doing that).
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

:( Oh well

No probs, I'm still stuck in Gal1 anyway... hardly ever play since I'm always modding.

(speaking of which, my second Behemoth package is almost done, even tho I never released the first...
Remodelled the 2 original behemoths to have slightly more detailed models/ simpler UV Maps/ etc,
Added 2 completely new behemoth models, all with shaders and 50+ new nameplate textures, and more :P )