Navy Condor - link on wiki not working

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Sendraks
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Navy Condor - link on wiki not working

Post by Sendraks »

As per the subject line, the boxnet link in the wiki to the Navy Condor file appears to be not working. Anyone got a live link they can share?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

None of the links to Charlie's box.net account are working anymore. It's sad, we know it, but we can't do anything about it.

Of course you may be lucky and somebody re-uploads it again.
bigmike20vt
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by bigmike20vt »

is he not around to mail someone the oxp's?

seems a shame for someone's time and effort to dissappear into the ethers of cyberspace.
Fiat Coupe, helping motorists break the speed limit since 1993.
Sendraks
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Sendraks »

Does anyone have a copy of the oxp to upload? I mean, someone must have a copy somewhere.
CheeseRedux
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CheeseRedux »

I've only ever seen the Condor inside RS.

I don't know how far into the murky waters of licensing we'll end up if someone were to extract it from there.
Especially now that RS is 'off the market', so to speak.
"Actually this is a common misconception... I do *not* in fact have a lot of time on my hands at all! I just have a very very very very bad sense of priorities."
--Dean C Engelhardt
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

CheeseRedux wrote:
I think that the version in RS was the only publicly accessible version that did work. I have a complete last version as was available at Charlie's box account. That one had several buggy plists. All with the same syntax error that was pasted over several files.
I even contains the original 3DS files of all ships in case anyone wants to debug the structure. Wingz reads 3SD files.

If someone want to host it somewhere, he can have my corrected version.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Eric Walch wrote:
CheeseRedux wrote:
I think that the version in RS was the only publicly accessible version that did work. I have a complete last version as was available at Charlie's box account. That one had several buggy plists. All with the same syntax error that was pasted over several files.
I even contains the original 3DS files of all ships in case anyone wants to debug the structure. Wingz reads 3SD files.

If someone want to host it somewhere, he can have my corrected version.
Waves hand in air frantically.. Me! Me!

One of the things I really want the central repository to do is host all the rare/orphaned/lost oxp's that we can recover from people's collections, to prevent them fading into oblivion..

In the meantime, I'll put it up on my box.net account..
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Waves hand in air frantically.. Me! Me!.
One thing that feels still buggy to me is being capable of launching/docking at small stations. And it contains a lot of specific AI's that were never used because most ships defaulted back to trader/police AI. There was no auto_ai at the time of release.
The easiest fix here will be making them aware of the big_ship_populator by adding the bigTrader role and remove the plain trader/police/scavenger roles. Seeing a big condor launching from a station smaller than itself to scoop up some debris is just a big bug to me :cry:

I never had one installed but is is one of Charlies creations with to many flashers. In a busy system were I had a fps count of 33 I added one. fps dropped to 16. Adding another 2 and fps dropped to 7 !! So I think you generally don't want them around often.