BlOomberg Markets

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: BlOomberg Markets

Post by spara »

Potential Debris wrote:
spara wrote:
The version (v2.5) of this OXP in the in-game expansion manager is not working with Oolite 1.82 due to the changes in market generation.
Does that explain the empty markets I was finding in rock hermits, astrofactories etc?
That explains at least some of them. The older OXPs require someone motivated enough to convert the old market definitions to the the new system.
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

The first thing I do after getting a market report is look at the map, type the system name wrong at least twice, eventually get it right and find the system, and start swearing because I'm headed away from it - I'm sure everyone else does this too. Is there any way that some sort of icon could be added to the map while a market is active, so that at least I know where it is? Wouldn't necessarily make me swear less, but it would be convenient.
Captain Obvious
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Captain Obvious »

I have a suggestion similar to ffutures's. Can you add something to the missions section of the Manifest screen? If I don't remember the name or write it down I'm kinda screwed on the deal. Thanks!
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

I have added a system marker for the on-going event and fixed one spelling error in the mission texts. Here's the new version (2.6.1): http://wiki.alioth.net/img_auth.php/2/2 ... _2.6.1.oxz.

I think Norby commands the expansion manager for this baby and hopefully updates it with this version.

As for Captain Obviouses suggestion. The on-going event is already in the missions section. Or maybe I have misunderstood you?
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

Updated, thanks!
gizmo
Deadly
Deadly

Post by gizmo »

Found the following error message in the log:
OOlite version: 1.85.0.6923-170527-412349f (that should be the latest trunk)

Code: Select all

[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefined]: ----- JavaScript warning (SE-main-script 2.6.1): Unknown escape code in string: %ਠ. (To encode a % sign without this warning, use %% - but prefer "percent" in prose writing.)
[script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefined]:       C:\Oolite-Trunk/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Ramirez.BlOombergMarkets.oxz/Config/script.js, line 104.
[script.javaScript.stackTrace]:  0 (C:\Oolite-Trunk/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Ramirez.BlOombergMarkets.oxz/Config/script.js:104) <anonymous function>
[script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     this: [Script "SE-main-script" version 2.6.1]
[script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     obj: {...}
[script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     event_delay: undefined
[script.javaScript.stackTrace]:  1 (C:\Oolite-Trunk/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Ramirez.BlOombergMarkets.oxz/Config/script.js:60) <anonymous function>
[script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     this: [Script "SE-main-script" version 2.6.1]
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

Thank you, fixed in v2.6.2.
elite-player
Above Average
Above Average

Post by elite-player »

Kinda new here so forgive the very late post.

I had Snoopers but deleted it because it has now been superseded by GNN. Bloomberg now won't work.
Has there been an update to Bloomberg to enable it to run with GNN instead of Snoopers?

Thanks.
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

elite-player wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:47 pm
I had Snoopers but deleted it because it has now been superseded by GNN. Bloomberg now won't work.
Has there been an update to Bloomberg to enable it to run with GNN instead of Snoopers?
Version 2.7 now available from the download manager, with GNN as the requirement.
elite-player
Above Average
Above Average

Post by elite-player »

Wow thanks for the quick reply, and the updated Bloomberg. Although I'm surprised no one had thought about it sooner lol.

Thanks once again.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

New Commodities

We now have whisky, quirium fuel, quirium crystals, and more importantly oxygen, water and medicine as new commodities.

Is there any hope of expanding Bloomberg/Blooomberg/Bloooomberg to cover them too? Especially the last three from SW Economy?

I'd be happy to help write news blurbs if that is of interest.

Cholmondeley

As a matter of interest - does it work better to do an add-on oxp, or just to alter the oxp which is already there?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?