BlOomberg Markets

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Re: BlOomberg Markets

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Mauiby de Fug wrote:
There are various oxp authors who have two copies of the readme in the zip files - one inside the oxp and one outside. I personally reckon that this system works best.
Me too :)
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Mauiby de Fug wrote:
DaddyHoggy wrote:
JazHaz wrote:
One request, can you put a copy of the readme into the .oxp folder? I like to keep all the readmes in the relevant folders for easy access.
I think generally it is agreed that Readme's should NOT be inside the OXP - the simple reason is that Mac users will never see them - doubling clicking on an OXP on a Mac automatically starts Oolite - it doesn't open up the folder to be read...
However, having the readme outside is inconvenient, as once you've moved the oxp into the AddOns folder, where should you leave the readme? In a bunch of empty folders? I always move it into the relevant oxp, so that I know where it is and it's easy to find.

There are various oxp authors who have two copies of the readme in the zip files - one inside the oxp and one outside. I personally reckon that this system works best.
Hmmm... you could chose to copy/move the zip included Readme into the relevant OXP folder once its been put in AddOns folder, or rename said Readme to match the OXP...

(not hard really - or am I missing something?)
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
Hmmm... you could chose to copy/move the zip included Readme into the relevant OXP folder once its been put in AddOns folder, or rename said Readme to match the OXP...

(not hard really - or am I missing something?)
It isn't hard, and I do move it. But it is an extra thing to have to do, somewhat tedious, and inside the oxp folder seems a lot more logical, especially since you have to move the folder into AddOns and would otherwise leave it behind in wherever it was downloaded. Not having a Mac, I can't understand why it's so hard to just open the oxp folder. But as we're trying to cater to all platforms, I can't really complain too much, and we should probably try to make sure it's visible for everyone.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Mauiby de Fug wrote:
Not having a Mac, I can't understand why it's so hard to just open the oxp folder. But as we're trying to cater to all platforms, I can't really complain too much, and we should probably try to make sure it's visible for everyone.
Folders can't have file extensions on a Mac: a folder given the title "MyOXP.oxp" presents as a file, not a folder, and many users won't know that it is actually a package containing files and folders (it was news to me, before I started mucking around with Oolite myself). To open such a package, you have to right-click and select "Show package contents".
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Disembodied wrote:
Folders can't have file extensions on a Mac: a folder given the title "MyOXP.oxp" presents as a file, not a folder, and many users won't know that it is actually a package containing files and folders (it was news to me, before I started mucking around with Oolite myself). To open such a package, you have to right-click and select "Show package contents".
I must say that I also learned that an oxp could be opened after I played oolite for some time. It is not that folders can't have extensions, but inside the mac version of the oolite application there is an info.plist that defines that any folder ending on 'oxp' should be treated as a single file with an oolite icon on it. When you change the extension it also will become a plain folder. And when you give it to someone that does not have oolite installed, he will also see it as a folder. For normal users it is a good thing that the oxp seems just a single file.
Most mac users will not realise that it is in fact an folder and won't look for read-me files inside an oxp.
Captain Patrick
Competent
Competent

Post by Captain Patrick »

I place both the OXP itself, as well as the downloaded folder from which I pulled it (and in which readme, license etc remain), into the AddOns folder: since they're very similarly named, they show next to each other when AddOns is viewed as a list, and I can just pop the OXP into and out of its adjacent folder to switch it off or on for the next game. I have a Mac.
hangar18
Competent
Competent

Post by hangar18 »

Hmmm...link is broken.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

hangar18 wrote:
Hmmm...link is broken.
Try the link in Ramirez signature (or -> Ramirez webpage)
hangar18
Competent
Competent

Post by hangar18 »

Svengali wrote:
hangar18 wrote:
Hmmm...link is broken.
Tried both but no joy...in the latter there is only executive spaceways and some other mod but not Bloomberg Markets
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

hangar18 wrote:
Svengali wrote:
hangar18 wrote:
Hmmm...link is broken.
Tried both but no joy...in the latter there is only executive spaceways and some other mod but not Bloomberg Markets
When you're on Ramirez' website, first click on the menu-item "Flavours" (there are four separate categories - Ships, Equipment, Flavours and Missions) at the top of the page.. the very first entry in the list will be BlOomberg Markets.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
hangar18
Competent
Competent

Post by hangar18 »

Many thanks, all good now :)
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

You're very welcome.. be sure to snarf up some of Ramirez' other OXPs while you're there.. he does great work :D
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

The version (v2.5) of this OXP in the in-game expansion manager is not working with Oolite 1.82 due to the changes in market generation.

I have updated the OXP to work correctly with Oolite 1.82 and uploaded the new version (v2.6) here: https://app.box.com/s/7jeecfedop9eqss41a9sfholtyhqm7ye.

Whoever is the key master, could you please update the version in the manager with this one.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

spara wrote:
please update the version in the manager with this one.
Done, thank you for the update!
Potential Debris
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Potential Debris »

spara wrote:
The version (v2.5) of this OXP in the in-game expansion manager is not working with Oolite 1.82 due to the changes in market generation.
Does that explain the empty markets I was finding in rock hermits, astrofactories etc?