BlOomberg Markets

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Deep Horizon Industries Manufacturing & Research Site somewhere in G8...

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

@Ramirez -
Typo (I'm assuming) on you page for the BlOomberg download. Takes me to a black sub-screen
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

Fixed - there were a couple of missing underscores in the filename.
Download Resistance Commander plus many other exciting OXPs HERE
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: BlOomberg Markets

Post by Zireael »

In Oolite 1.75. the BlOOmberg seems to be stuck. I had a price increase in Xexedi and then it went away, but the message on the F5 screen stayed and I've had nothing else either.
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

Not sure about the message staying, but there's a simple reason you won't get anything else - it needs to be updated!

Code: Select all

[script.javaScript.exception.notFunction]: ***** JavaScript exception (SE-main-script 2.3): TypeError: system.systemNameForID is not a function
[script.javaScript.exception.notFunction]:       /home/robert/.Oolite/AddOns/BlOomberg Markets v2.3.oxp/Scripts/SE-main-script.js, line 57.
I believe that it should be "System.systemNameForID", as it's listed on the wiki as a static method.

Similarly, "system.infoForSystem" should be "System.infoForSystem", to be changed on lines 58, 99, 113, and 114.
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

I've uploaded a new version of BlOomberg that fixes these and so should now be compatible with 1.75.
Makandal
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Makandal »

Do you plan extension for events happening in the Ooniverse ? Navy might get angry with you, so many fishy things happening to these guys.
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.
lohwengk
Competent
Competent

Post by lohwengk »

Zireael wrote:
In Oolite 1.75. the BlOOmberg seems to be stuck. I had a price increase in Xexedi and then it went away, but the message on the F5 screen stayed and I've had nothing else either.
I just ran into this. Mine's for Food prices in Ususor. I keep on getting the message on the F7 screen that Food prices have normalized, but in my F5 screen, the message that Food prices have dropped in Ususor remains.

I'm running Oolite 1.75.1 with the latest Bloomberg version 2.4.
sinaarrgghh
Harmless
Harmless

Post by sinaarrgghh »

I am getting this same problem (mines furs in Isinor) I've also had the special report telling me that it is no longer the case about 4 times now. I am using v2.4 or the oxp and Oolite v1.75.3
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Thanks for the info lohwengk and sinarrggghh.

It could be that the cleaning runs in another context, the function is executed in a callback, so this might be the problem here. Will look into this today.
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

Thanks Svengali. I hoped this might be a glitch that would magically go away but it seems something's not right. I tried looking into it yesterday but got a bit lost somewhere in the detailed interactions between BlOomberg and Snoopers. Feel free to send me a PM once you find anything.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Will do, Ramirez.
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

Ok, with Svengali's help I've updated BlOomberg Markets to v2.5; details available from the link below.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Ramirez wrote:
Ok, with Svengali's help I've updated BlOomberg Markets to v2.5; details available from the link below.
Thanks for that, have updated.

One request, can you put a copy of the readme into the .oxp folder? I like to keep all the readmes in the relevant folders for easy access.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

JazHaz wrote:
Ramirez wrote:
Thanks for that, have updated.

One request, can you put a copy of the readme into the .oxp folder? I like to keep all the readmes in the relevant folders for easy access.
I think generally it is agreed that Readme's should NOT be inside the OXP - the simple reason is that Mac users will never see them - doubling clicking on an OXP on a Mac automatically starts Oolite - it doesn't open up the folder to be read...
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
JazHaz wrote:
I think generally it is agreed that Readme's should NOT be inside the OXP - the simple reason is that Mac users will never see them - doubling clicking on an OXP on a Mac automatically starts Oolite - it doesn't open up the folder to be read...
However, having the readme outside is inconvenient, as once you've moved the oxp into the AddOns folder, where should you leave the readme? In a bunch of empty folders? I always move it into the relevant oxp, so that I know where it is and it's easy to find.

There are various oxp authors who have two copies of the readme in the zip files - one inside the oxp and one outside. I personally reckon that this system works best.