[Release] ADCK's Bulk Haulers

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

JazHaz wrote:
Just finished a five hour marathon session, transporting three passengers across nearly the full width of Galaxy 3 (made about 60,000 credits)! :D

Saw lots of Bulk Haulers, one Lynx, and one LRC.

Did see two Bulk Haulers called "Decommissioned Bulk Haulers"... Docked with one of them but didn't notice anything different about the prices or quantities of trade items and equipment.

Are they different at all from "normal" Bulk Haulers?
Are they the "White-ish" ones?..(I really should know the answer to that... I did after all create this oxp >.> )
If so, there's a little story behind them, they're using Aegidians original textures (but with Normal Maps/Effects maps) And are therefore, pretty old now.
Until recently they have only been seen in ancient Earthican video footage from a mystical land called "you-tube" Although they've been officially "decomissioned" some are kept in service as floating Museums to celebrate the bicentenary or something... O_o

To answer your question, No, they're not any different other than their texture and name. :P
But If you wan't you can use your imagination and make up a story about them like I just did :oops:
HEHE
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

ADCK wrote:
JazHaz wrote:
Did see two Bulk Haulers called "Decommissioned Bulk Haulers"... Docked with one of them but didn't notice anything different about the prices or quantities of trade items and equipment.
Are they the "White-ish" ones?..(I really should know the answer to that... I did after all create this oxp >.> )
Yes those are the puppies! :)

Did kinda notice that they had no texture, but just thought my computer was playing up again lol!
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

JazHaz wrote:
ADCK wrote:
JazHaz wrote:
Yes those are the puppies! :)

Did kinda notice that they had no texture, but just thought my computer was playing up again lol!
Bugger, I thought I made them really rare, but they all have the same chance of spawning, they were supposed to be an Easter-Egg type thing.
I really just wanted to have the long-missing original "jormungand" with the original texture in the OXP somewhere, but it wasn't meant to spawn as often as the rest, not really worth making another version over though.

If you want can just change the role of:

Code: Select all

<key>old-bulk-hauler</key>

<key>roles</key>
		<string>bh01 bigTrader old-bulk-hauler</string>
To:

<key>roles</key>
		<string>bh01 bigTrader(0.1) old-bulk-hauler</string>
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

ADCK wrote:
Bugger, I thought I made them really rare, but they all have the same chance of spawning, they were supposed to be an Easter-Egg type thing.
They are quite rare. I probably saw about 20 bulk haulers (one system had six!) during my journey across the galaxy, and only saw the decommissioned haulers twice.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

JazHaz wrote:
ADCK wrote:
They are quite rare. I probably saw about 20 bulk haulers (one system had six!) during my journey across the galaxy, and only saw the decommissioned haulers twice.
The more OXP's that use the BigTrader role you have the rarer they become, I know PAGroove has at least 2 oxp's that spawn BigShips, i'm sure there are others but there's no really easy way to search for specific oxp's.
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

ADCK wrote:
JazHaz wrote:
ADCK wrote:
The more OXP's that use the BigTrader role you have the rarer they become, I know PAGroove has at least 2 oxp's that spawn BigShips, i'm sure there are others but there's no really easy way to search for specific oxp's.
Yep ADCK is right here. I have almost all big traders and then you get some great variety and some models suddenly become quite rare.

Ships that use big traders:

Aurora (by P.A. Groove)
Orisis ( by P.A. Groove, ADCK and Thargoid)
Hammerhead (Thargoid and P.A. Groove)
All Bulk Haulers
Lynx Carrier
Long range cruiser

Further more I have installed the
Woma fuel tankers, Stelka liners

etc..

I like variety.
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

Hehe, was mucking around with Kerkythea 2008 and came up with this render of the Long Range Cruiser over the Grand Canyon :P

Click for Full Screen

Just thought I'd share.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

One suggestion:

Can you increase the amount of stocks that the Super Bulk Hauler has for trade? This would make sense as the ship is so much bigger than the other Bulk Haulers.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
Cheers,
Drew.
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

And if you are at it, please tweak it a bit more, because it overrides AIs. This is causing trouble for all other ships that are using internal AIs (oxp and native).
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

Svengali wrote:
And if you are at it, please tweak it a bit more, because it overrides AIs. This is causing trouble for all other ships that are using internal AIs (oxp and native).
Ah yes, a leftover piece of Aegidians original behemoth, will change in next update.

As for quantities, I believe I can edit that too.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

ADCK wrote:
Svengali wrote:
Ah yes, a leftover piece of Aegidians original behemoth, will change in next update.
Nice.
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

Version 1.4 released!

Small bugfix, fixes all ships added in this OXP to use the BigTrader AI instead of the original BulkHauler AI which overrides default AI's, also some changes to commodities as suggested and some minor tweaking of the models.
Link in first page.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Have created a wiki page for this OXP, as this thread may get buried in the forum in future and may be difficult for newcomers to find.

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Bulk_Haulers
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
Cheers,
Drew.
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

Thanks for the wiki page =D
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Welcome back :D