Considering mission from RandomHits

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Cricket
Poor
Poor

Considering mission from RandomHits

Post by Cricket »

It's my first topic.

So thanks to everyone for contributing to this deep addictive game.

I flew for hours, hours and… hours.

I use RH 1.3.6 on an Oolite Mac 1.73 (a very stable version - great job !)

After I engaged a bounty hunter contract at a SpaceBar, there's no life sign of my future victim in the destination system. Nor a welcome message as it was on earlies RH versions (i.e. "Kill the infamous purple lobster !").

What's wrong ?
Beam lasers don't wear plaid q°..°p
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

I've also recently installed Random Hits. I've only done 2 missions, on the last I witchspaced into the target system, and flew to the planet but didn't come across my target (well apart from some ordinary pirates). Docked and refueled.

Decided to fly back to the witchspace point. Halfway there I got jumped by my target and a few of his mates.

So I can only advise to keep flying around the system. If the target is there you'll find him. If for some reason he gets destroyed by someone else you'll get told by a message (this happened to me on my first mission).

EDIT: Also press F5 twice to check the mission screen to make sure that the contract is definately at that planet! :)

Oh, and welcome to the friendliest board on this side of Riedquat! :wink:
Last edited by JazHaz on Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

The main trick is to know that your target is flying between witchpoint and station. And this is something else that between witchpoint and planet. Close to the planet, and even halfway to it, you can be perfectly aligned between w and p, and still miss your target by multiple scanner ranges.

So: if you're on the hunt, don't fly towards the planet, but lock the station beacon (beacon code "N") into your advanced compass and fly straight towards it. Now you won't miss the sucker! :twisted:
JeffBTX
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JeffBTX »

I can confirm...

There were a couple of missions whereby I had to dock (to refuel, if nothing else to use the injectors at "showtime')....

And I had to fly between the station > witchspace beacon > station ... a few times before The Doomed One showed up.

Patience.

"SHhhhh! Be vewwy vewwy qwiet! We ahw hunting WABBITS!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN4SnQHDl5k

Keep checking the mission screen ( F5 F5 ) to insure that the mission is active, that he is still in your current system.

According to the DOCS, the target MIGHT jump out (it hadn't happened to me yet...)... so do purchase a wormhole scanner just in case.

I've de-installed RH, it is on hold until either I finish massive modifications to it, or it gets updated. I took a look at the code.... MASSIVE and complicated... so making mods to it are reserved for days when I am wide awake, my caffiene / hemoglobin ratio is PERFECT, and there is not a CHANCE that I will be disturbed.
Sword, thy name is Cobra. And Cobra has fangs!
Cricket
Poor
Poor

Post by Cricket »

Thanks to everyone.

I precised hours of flight to avoid answers "check F5".

I've ever made mission where prey does not appear at once.
Sometimes the prey was killed by someone else.
I know all this.

What did worry me : there was no dedicated message arriving in the system. So I believe the mission was not "really" operating (except msg F5-F5).

Gonna look for…

Hold on, Commander. We have inbound traffic.
Cricket
Poor
Poor

Sorry

Post by Cricket »

OK. I found him. Sorry for newbie style boring question. :oops: