Leaving

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

_ds_
Deadly
Deadly

Post by _ds_ »

Commander McLane wrote:
Thargoid wrote:
... a 900MB download is pretty large, but in this day and age it's less than 30mins by most people's ADSL or suchlike.[/color]
The key point here being "most people's".
To download 900MB would take 3 hours here. At best.
For the record: I won't even attempt to download anything larger than 150MB (and get increasingly angry with Apple for their security updates getting ever longer, but I disgress), because IT WON'T DOWNLOAD, EVER, with my current internet connection.
"wget -c". Unless it's some browser/JS-based download service such as pox.net box.net.
For the same reason my absolute upload limit, is 10MB. I won't even attempt to upload anything bigger, because the stress of going through 95 per cent of the upload, then [being disconnected] and me having to start all over again from zero is just too nerve-wrecking.
If you have shell access on the destination box, I suggest use of rsync to resume an upload.
http://tartarus.org/~ds/oolite/patches, Buzzer OXP etc.
_ds_
Deadly
Deadly

Re: .

Post by _ds_ »

Lestradae wrote:
[…] Had my assumption about the CC-3 license been correct, I would have been the one who was treated in bad faith if asked to ask for allowance for something granted by the C-3 license. My error was not to know that this license - according to Ahruman's interpretation, at least - does not cover oxps.
There's no interpretation about it: it definitely doesn't.

I repeat about buzzer.oxp: LGPL v2.1 or later applies. I regard this licence as also applying to copies downloaded prior to the addition of licence details (though it would be better to re-download it so that you have a properly-licensed copy).
http://tartarus.org/~ds/oolite/patches, Buzzer OXP etc.
overmage
Deadly
Deadly

Post by overmage »

Yuck, I took a break from Oolite and came back to see this. ):

There are no winners here. Everybody has lost.

I really love this remake of a game that I played as a kid. And I may be speaking out of the brashness of youth (I'm 21 :P), but this has definitely made Oolite poorer.
Pansen
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Pansen »

Well, I'm 30 and I agree :cry: - quite shocked by this - first time back here in nearly 4 months... ...without wishing to sound flippant, hope this will just be a blip - albeit a significant one.

Don't really feel qualified to comment on technical/moral aspects of this matter.

Compared to many other forums, I've found this a very friendly, unintimidating place to chat. Everything about this project seems to have been very positive, on the face of it - guess I missed what was brewing under the surface. hope it's just confined to the OE matter.
Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Deep Horizon Industries Manufacturing & Research Site somewhere in G8...

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

If you'll notice, Overmage (not picking on you, boss... I promise) resurrected this thread kinda. Prior to him, last post was Nov. 12th. So yeah, it's calmed down. Things are / have returned to normal - The friendliest forums this side of Reidquat. :D
Pansen
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Pansen »

OK! good things are back to normal, then;-). - Sorry - should have kept an eye on dates pf these posts.
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Every family has the occasional spat. The trick is to get over it and move on! :-)

I took the Lestradae photo off my dartboard before Christmas!! ;-) :lol:
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Selezen wrote:
Blow it up to poster size and use it to scare the neighbour's cat off your garden? ;) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

JazHaz wrote:
Selezen wrote:
Blow it up to poster size and use it to scare the neighbour's cat off your garden? ;) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Now, now - this is the friendliest board this side of Riedquat...
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Daddyoggy wrote:
Now, now - this is the friendliest board this side of Riedquat...
So I'm requesting to close this topic then .-)
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

I agree with Svengali. This topic has essentially ended long ago and there is no point continuing it. Closed.