Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Galaxy Guide completed - for Sector One

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

treczoks
Deadly
Deadly

Galaxy Guide completed - for Sector One

Post by treczoks »

Fellow Commanders,

I just completed the Galaxy Guide for Sector One. It was a tough job, and I want to thank all those who supported and helped me with this project.

I am especially happy that other members have already started to add entries to the guide. Because this was the very reason to start this project: as a kind of crystallisation point for all the ideas about planets and systems in the Ooniverse.

I will now turn to another project and wait a short while before I start the second sector. So you will have the time needed to find the bugs I've build into this project :lol:

Now that all the tools are there, and with all the interests of authors and OXP programmers being focused on Sector One, the other sectors will be a breeze.

Yours, Christian
[It/we/I] [awoke]. [Identity]:[Undetermined], [Location]:[Undetermined], [Objective]:[Destroy]. [Priorize([Determination]:[Identity])]:[High]. [Execute].
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Congrats. Its a great guide. I encourage everyone to take a look at it
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Chrisfs
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Chrisfs »

This was a big piece of work.

Cheers to you :)
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

one interesting thing I noticed in fiction that there is a rough guide that looks at certain key planets in sector 1. Do you think anyone would pop a brain case if these were annexed into the galaxy guide?
ovvldc
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ovvldc »

Well done! So nice to have everything about G1 in one place :).
treczoks
Deadly
Deadly

Post by treczoks »

ClymAngus wrote:
one interesting thing I noticed in fiction that there is a rough guide that looks at certain key planets in sector 1. Do you think anyone would pop a brain case if these were annexed into the galaxy guide?
No Problem with that. But if you do that, keep in mind to put a forward reference ("Redirect" in Wiki Lingo, Syntax: #REDIRECT [[pagename]]) into the old page in case someone has a link left.

Yours, Christian
[It/we/I] [awoke]. [Identity]:[Undetermined], [Location]:[Undetermined], [Objective]:[Destroy]. [Priorize([Determination]:[Identity])]:[High]. [Execute].
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Yes, this is fantastic. You can never have too many ways to find a system. Much like the mapping project I see this as an invaluable tool in helping players and empowering writers.

So grows the mythos!

Looks like pagroove and disembodied are responsible for the rough guide entries. So lads, how about a bit of a wiki tidy up? :D
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

No problem – the Galaxy Guide already links to the Rough Guide entries where they exist. Or did you have something more complicated in mind? (btw, it's "Rough Guide to the Ooniverse", not "Rough Guide on the Ooniverse": I've gone through the relevant pages on the Galaxy Guide and made the corrections.)
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

It's allright. but Famous Planets 1.0 and 2.0 page. has links to the original Rough Guide pages.
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
drew
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by drew »

Very nice indeed! Bravo!

Cheers,

Drew.
Drew is an author of SF and Fantasy Novels
WebsiteFacebookTwitter
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Disembodied wrote:
No problem – the Galaxy Guide already links to the Rough Guide entries where they exist. Or did you have something more complicated in mind? (btw, it's "Rough Guide to the Ooniverse", not "Rough Guide on the Ooniverse": I've gone through the relevant pages on the Galaxy Guide and made the corrections.)
Well I like the little discriptions. I'm unsure if link addition, replication or conglomeration would be the the best (and most easily accessable) way of showing these off.

I was hoping that as the writers, you would have strong views on the subject. :)
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

ClymAngus wrote:
Well I like the little discriptions. I'm unsure if link addition, replication or conglomeration would be the the best (and most easily accessable) way of showing these off.

I was hoping that as the writers, you would have strong views on the subject. :)
I'm not starting down that track, mate! ;)

I don't mind what happens to the wiki pages. Making a link from the GG page to the RG page is the easiest (because treczoks has already done it). I think that it might be too much information in one place if the entries were combined, though. The GG contains useful, practical information; the RG carries background colour of no use to the actual gameplay. For that reason alone it might be best to keep them running in parallel.