[UPDATED RELEASE 03-07-2014] Superhub V1.6 OXZ

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [UPDATED RELEASE 03-07-2014] Superhub V1.6 OXZ

Post by Nite Owl »

What .zip program are you using? My recommendation would be 7-zip as it is free and easy to use. With it you would never have to completely unzip an OXZ in order to edit the files within it as the files can be opened directly from within the .zip file. The only further recommendation is that after you edit a file save it some place other than within the .zip file so that you can rename the original unedited file, which can also be done directly within 7-zip. Once the renaming is done (<filename>.<extension>.BAK works for me) you can then drag and drop the edited file back into the .zip file. OXZs are really just .zip files with a different extension on the end, .oxz instead of .zip.

As to your manifest problem it would seem that when unzipping and then rezipping the OXZ that somehow the manifest.plist was not included in the rezipping process. Have a look around in the folder where you unzipped everything and see if it is still there. If it is then place it back into the OXZ. The only other possibility that occurs to me at the moment is that when you unzipped the OXZ the manifest.plist got left behind in the original OXZ. When you rezipped everything did you do so into a new OXZ file or did you use the old one? If you rezipped into a new file and the manifest.plist got left behind in the old file so that it was never unzipped in the first place then that would account for it being missing. In either case DO NOT delete your work. If you cannot find the manifest.plist anywhere simply download the OXZ in question once again and transfer the manifest.plist from the newly downloaded OXZ into your edited OXZ.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

I'm on one of these all-singing all-dancing Macintoshes.

I just took Ramirez's Feudal .oxz, unzipped it and then re-zipped it (Archive Utility, the Macintosh's on-board zipper, transmogrified to a .cpgz file - which I then retitled as an .oxz). When I restarted Oolite the identical error message about the manifest.plist cropped up.

I'll give it a bash with your preferred 7-zip if they provide an apple flavour!

Edit: they don't any longer! And faffing about in the Archive Utility preferences to .zip it rather than .cpgz it didn't help either - still problems on restarting with the marvellous and mystical manifest.plist!

I'll try dredging the bulletin board archives next - maybe someone had this problem before.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

BINGO!!

Did it! I just took the unexpanded folder with all the goodies in and bunged an .oxp at the end of it. I then shoved it in the AddOns folder .... and it worked!

Thank you for your help!

I'll worry about oxz'ing in the fullness of time at the appropriate juncture.
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
dybal
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dybal »

phkb will transfer maintenance of SuperHUB for Extra Planets to me, so an update with Nite Owl's fixes are on the way (including a shipdata-overrides to add the dockingAI to the dock).

BTW, good catch, Nite Owl! I had given up on SuperHUB because of that "unable to get docking clearance" a long time ago...
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

dybal wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:23 pm
phkb will transfer maintenance of SuperHUB for Extra Planets to me, so an update with Nite Owl's fixes are on the way (including a shipdata-overrides to add the dockingAI to the dock).

BTW, good catch, Nite Owl! I had given up on SuperHUB because of that "unable to get docking clearance" a long time ago...
Thank you for taking this on!
Comments wanted:
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon
dybal
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[RELEASE] SuperHUB for Extra Planets OXP v1.2

Post by dybal »

SuperHUB for Extra Planets OXP v1.2 is available on the Expansion Manager and here.

Changes:
  • Includes the dock subentity in all superhub derivatives to solve the "unable do get docking clearance and crash if try to dock anyway" bug (thanks to Nite Owl for the fix)
  • overrides the dock AI from NullAI to dockingAI
I gave up on this OXP so long ago that I don't know which systems should have SuperHUB at the additional planets - the system my command is right now isn't one of them, so I didn't personally test this one and there could be some silly typo messing things up... let me know if you have any problems!
Milo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Milo »

Is the below requirement in the manifest actually necessary for Superhub for Extra Planets? Isn't "Additional Planets Redux Pack" an optional texture pack for Additional Planets SR Base?
{
identifier = "oolite.oxp.spara.additional_planets_sr_pack_redux";
description = "Additional Planets Redux Pack";
},