[UPDATED RELEASE 03-07-2014] Superhub V1.6 OXZ

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Mazur
Dangerous
Dangerous

Re: [UPDATED RELEASE 03-07-2014] Superhub V1.6 OXZ

Post by Mazur »

Norby wrote:
Mazur wrote:
"All ships are denied access"
I can dock into any Superhubs on my machine. Are you tried "c", "shift+C" (I assume you have Docking Computer) and also simply going into without authorization?
Yes, no, I have, and yes. Docking computer also gives "All ships are denied access.", unauthorised attempt has me crashing into an invisible barrier halfway through the Tube that is the SuperHub. Since regular computer docking was denied, I did not try immediate docking, yet.

I've unzipped the SuperHub package and don't see anything that could explain this behaviour. So it's likely a core issue, or a changed definition? Maybe the wrong classification assigned to it?

Code: Select all

has_shipyard = yes;
is_carrier = yes;
scan_class = "CLASS_STATION";
Without any particular knowledge in these matters, my guess would be that that is all right.
User Mazur, Commander Vatta, Hyperspace Delivery Boy.
Squeaky clean, utterly harmless, rank amateur.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

Try to add these into shipdata.plist:

allows_auto_docking = yes;
allows_fast_docking = yes;
requires_docking_clearance = no;
Then into the pagroove_superhub_dock section:

allow_docking = yes;
allow_launching = yes;
disallowed_docking_collides = no;
If you can dock then please locate if any of these lines can solve the problem alone also.
If still can not dock then maybe there is something in your savegame.
Mazur
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Mazur »

Norby wrote:
Try to add these into shipdata.plist:

allows_auto_docking = yes;
allows_fast_docking = yes;
requires_docking_clearance = no;
Then into the pagroove_superhub_dock section:

allow_docking = yes;
allow_launching = yes;
disallowed_docking_collides = no;
If you can dock then please locate if any of these lines can solve the problem alone also.
If still can not dock then maybe there is something in your savegame.
With only the first three added, Manual and Computer docking are still refused, but Computer fast docking works.
[code}
15:38:18.944 [LogEvents]: Player targeted Super Hub I 28037 who has 25000 energy
15:38:21.434 [LogEvents]: Player got message from Super Hub I 28037 : Docking clearance not required.
15:38:21.571 [LogEvents]: Player got message from Super Hub I 28037 : Negative. Your ship cannot dock here.
15:38:21.573 [LogEvents]: Player requested docking clearance and DOCKING_CLEARANCE_DENIED_NO_DOCKS
15:38:21.574 [StationDockControl_MFD]: Player docking request message: DOCKING_CLEARANCE_DENIED_NO_DOCKS
[/code]
Gonna fly back in without clearance, now, to see whether docking works, without clearance. Nope, crashed. And not in a SuperHub auosave, but the one before that.
So now I'm going to go back into the package and fiddle with the various lines and report back afterwards,
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Strange behavior Mazur. I have never had this. Sorry for the late reply BTW. Been busy with other projects lately. But this is not something that is from this OXP I think.
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Strange behavior indeed, Mazur. Could you please try disabling all other OXPs with Superhub only active? Don't uninstall everything, if you installed them through the manager though. Instead find the managed addons folder, rename it temporary and install Superhub into the addons.

Alternatively upload your save file somewhere and I'll test it.
Mazur
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Mazur »

spara wrote:
Strange behavior indeed, Mazur. Could you please try disabling all other OXPs with Superhub only active? Don't uninstall everything, if you installed them through the manager though. Instead find the managed addons folder, rename it temporary and install Superhub into the addons.

Well, I had to trade up a new Cobra to do it, so it's taking some time. I've got one in Xexedi now,so a few trips baack and foirth to kit it out a bit and then I need to search for a SuperHub. There are supposed to be 5 per Galxy, right? Any clues as to where in Galaxy 1 I can find one? Near Xexedi, preferably for speedy testing?
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Mazur wrote:
spara wrote:

Well, I had to trade up a new Cobra to do it, so it's taking some time. I've got one in Xexedi now,so a few trips baack and foirth to kit it out a bit and then I need to search for a SuperHub. There are supposed to be 5 per Galxy, right? Any clues as to where in Galaxy 1 I can find one? Near Xexedi, preferably for speedy testing?
The number of Superhubs per galaxy varies a bit, lowest is 2 and highest 10. G1 has 7. Inera seems to be closest to your current location.
Mazur
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Mazur »

spara wrote:
Mazur wrote:
spara wrote:

The number of Superhubs per galaxy varies a bit, lowest is 2 and highest 10. G1 has 7. Inera seems to be closest to your current location.
Because the Wiki says, all sysems of tech level 14/15, but Xexedi (14) doesn't have one.

Arrived at Inera, with only SuperHub 1.6.2.1 and Market Observer loaded, (well, and

AddOns/APRIL Pylon Loader 1.02.oxp
    AddOns/Hired Guns 1.26.oxp
    AddOns/Police_Scanner_Upgrade_1.3.1_2011-12-18.oxp
    AddOns/Cabal_Common_Library_1.7.1.oxz
    AddOns/BGS-A1.5.oxp
which are what remains of the packages that come installed with the fedora Oolite RPM (I deleted others, since I knew them to be superseded).)

I requested clearance, and was granted it. Docked without a hitch.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Mazur wrote:
Because the Wiki says, all sysems of tech level 14/15, but Xexedi (14) doesn't have one.
Ah. Sorry about that. Wiki's a bit off at the moment as Superhub is being developed a bit further. One thing that has changed is the distribution. TL rule no longer applies, Superhubs are now situated in systems with high productivity. Over or equal to 45000 to be exact. We're working on some missions and the new distribution works better with them.
Mazur wrote:
...which are what remains of the packages that come installed with the fedora Oolite RPM...
:shock: Is there really a distro out there that packages some OXPs with Oolite? That's a new one.
Mazur wrote:
I requested clearance, and was granted it. Docked without a hitch.
Excellent. Then it's probably some other OXP that's causing it. If you manage to isolate it, please report back and I'll see what can be done about it.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

Mazur wrote:
I deleted others
If you have the list of the deleted ones then put back all of them, launch from the hub and try land back to confirm the problem is happen again. Then either you can continue the locating of an oxp which cause this using binary halving on the list until only one is remain or put the list here and we can try to reproduce.
Mazur
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Mazur »

Norby wrote:
Mazur wrote:
I deleted others
If you have the list of the deleted ones then put back all of them, launch from the hub and try land back to confirm the problem is happen again. Then either you can continue the locating of an oxp which cause this using binary halving on the list until only one is remain or put the list here and we can try to reproduce.
Oh, I did not delete them between finding the problem and this test, I think. i shall test with my regular game and the unmodified SuperrHiub pack.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

spara wrote:
Mazur wrote:
...which are what remains of the packages that come installed with the fedora Oolite RPM...
:shock: Is there really a distro out there that packages some OXPs with Oolite? That's a new one.
Hmm.. that's rather disturbing and concerning, actually.

Mazur, could you tell us a bit more about this particular RPM, please? What version of Oolite is it? Doing some googling around, the present maintainer for the RPM appears to be Richard W.M. Jones <rjones@r*dh*t.com>, but so far as I can see that's just for v1.80 of Oolite. Is your RPM an official Redhat/Fedora release, or an unofficial one from some other repository?
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Diziet Sma wrote:
spara wrote:
Is there really a distro out there that packages some OXPs with Oolite? That's a new one.
There's a Windows Oolite plus OXPs package out there too! <spits> I doubt that it's been updated since it was put together either.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Cody wrote:
Diziet Sma wrote:
spara wrote:
Is there really a distro out there that packages some OXPs with Oolite? That's a new one.
There's a Windows Oolite plus OXPs package out there too! <spits> I doubt that it's been updated since it was put together either.
I can see the excitement of putting one up. But maintaining will be boring, hence it's not a very good idea altogether. Maybe combo-packs in the manager will eventually weed these out. You get the excitement of planning a cool set of OXPs, but you don't need to actually maintain it to keep it up to date, the game will take care of that.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

spara wrote:
I can see the excitement of putting one up. But maintaining will be boring, hence it's not a very good idea altogether. Maybe combo-packs in the manager will eventually weed these out. You get the excitement of planning a cool set of OXPs, but you don't need to actually maintain it to keep it up to date, the game will take care of that.
The problem with these, as I see it, is two-fold.. firstly, the person who downloads it probably won't ever get to see what the core game is like, on its own, and secondly, if it's not made very clear beforehand that certain OXPs are included (and how to remove them if desired), they may get totally the wrong idea about Oolite, particularly if they don't like the effect they have on gameplay.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied