caduceus and neocaduceus

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

yeah sorry about that, negotiations with new vs old host continue. Everybody wants paying, I see no point in paying twice. So it drags on. -.-
biffroy
Poor
Poor

Can't download the Caduceus OXP

Post by biffroy »

Please help anyone, this link crimsonforge.co.uk/cloister/neocaduceus.zip on wiki isn't working for me!! it just goes to crimonforge.co.uk and that's it, no OXP! does anyone know where i can get it somewhere else??! I really appreciate any guidance on this...
"Forgive my ignorance"
biffroy
Poor
Poor

Post by biffroy »

I there any way to have it emailed?
"Forgive my ignorance"
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

yeah, you got an e-mail? :)
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: Can't download the Caduceus OXP

Post by Thargoid »

biffroy wrote:
Please help anyone, this link crimsonforge.co.uk/cloister/neocaduceus.zip on wiki isn't working for me!! it just goes to crimonforge.co.uk and that's it, no OXP! does anyone know where i can get it somewhere else??! I really appreciate any guidance on this...
Have a look at my post on the previous page of this thread for a temporary solution alternative download if that's simpler.

Please heed the note concerning 1.73.4 and 1.74 compatibility (if you need help in making the change just holler).
biffroy
Poor
Poor

thanks

Post by biffroy »

Thanks so much for your help guys!! i have SOOOO many more questions, which i'm sure i'll gradually post over time... firstly, how do i upgrade to version 1.74?! :P
"Forgive my ignorance"
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: thanks

Post by Eric Walch »

biffroy wrote:
... firstly, how do i upgrade to version 1.74?! :P
It does not exist yet. We only have a version that is designated to become 1.74 but still changes on a daily basis. Currently is a status that the specs won't change anymore but not mend for normal play as it still contains bugs. (Unless you want to play-test and don't mind the occasional crash)
biffroy
Poor
Poor

Post by biffroy »

Ah i see. Thanks for your help :)
"Forgive my ignorance"
knight907
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Re: Can't download the Caduceus OXP

Post by knight907 »

This may not be the right post to ask on, so please forgive me if that's the case, but I noticed biffroy was having a similar problem to the one I've run into for downloading things from crimsonforge.co.uk/cloister/ and Thargoid had a temporary solution for him. Instead of the neocaduceus.oxp though, I've been trying to find the OXP for the Kirin. I've searched the forum several different ways to try to get more information about downloading it, but I haven't found anything yet. From what I have found, it sounds like a pretty amazing ship, and I'd like to read the Rise of the Kirin story included with it. Any suggestions for how to find it?
tinker
Deadly
Deadly

Post by tinker »

Did you also search the wiki?

Is this the one you want? http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Kirin
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Tinker, the main link is indeed broken at the moment, the kirin sport is the only available version at the moment, but maybe some kind soul will be able to provide some temporary space for the kirin itself.

Knight907, welcome to the friendlest forum this side of Riedquat (allegedly! :) ) Just bear with us for a little while, I'm sure some kind soul will pop up soon enough! :)
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

tinker wrote:
Did you also search the wiki?

Is this the one you want? http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Kirin
PM me an e-mail address and I'll send you the latest version. Just negotiating with servage now as my negotiations with one.com went south at the 11th hour. Apparently they hate podcasters. Go figure.
knight907
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by knight907 »

That's the one. I did start off in the wiki, but as Kaks said, the link there is down due to ClymAngus' misfortune with hosting providers. Silly hosting providers, so unreasonable about the most pedestrian matters :wink:

PM sent, thanks again ClymAngus, and thanks for the warm welcome. While I'm at it, thanks everybody for the great work on oolite and all of these amazing OXPs. It's like I'm 10 years old again playing on my cousin's 286, but better :D
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Re: caduceus and neocaduceus

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Hi,

Using neocaduceus_141210 with Oolite 1.75 beta, neither of the Caduceus variants is being textured properly in Oolite. The main body of the ship is untextured although the subentities are textured. I've had a quick look through the files in the oxp all the textures/models are there.

I've reinstalled and tried it with no other OXP's installed, and tried all the combinations of graphics settings I can think of all to no avail.

No errors in the latest.log (the un-permitted method error relates to the Griff player cobby when displayed on the demoships screen)
[log.header]: Opening log for Oolite version 1.75 (x86-32 test release) under Windows at 2011-03-13 07:09:47 +0000.
1 processor detected.
Build options: spoken messages, mass/fuel pricing, JavaScript console support, OXP verifier, localization tools, debug GraphViz support, JavaScript profiling.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

[display.mode.list.native]: Windows native resolution detected: 1280 x 800
[joystick.init]: Number of joysticks detected: 0
[searchPaths.dumpAll]: Unrestricted mode - resource paths:
Resources
../AddOns
../AddOns/griff_rock_hermit_fullsize_textures.oxp
../AddOns/griff_shipset_all_in_1.oxp
../AddOns/neocaduceus.oxp
../AddOns/zz_change_default_jameson_ship.oxp
[rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 2.1.8543 ("2.1.8543 Release"). Vendor: "ATI Technologies Inc.". Renderer: "ATI MOBILITY RADEON X700".
[rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (94):
GL_EXT_abgr, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_EXT_texture_object, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_ATI_meminfo, GL_EXT_texture_cube_map, GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_ARB_shadow_ambient, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_EXT_copy_texture, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_EXT_texgen_reflection, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_EXT_packed_pixels, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_ATI_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_map_buffer_range, GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, WGL_EXT_swap_control, GL_EXT_texture_swizzle, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_WIN_swap_hint, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp, GL_ATI_separate_stencil, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_KTX_buffer_region, GL_EXT_texture3D, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_subtexture, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_EXT_point_parameters, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_EXT_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_EXT_vertex_array, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_ARB_vertex_array_object, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_ATI_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_AMD_performance_monitor, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_ATI_envmap_bumpmap
[rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders are supported.
[script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 6 world scripts:
Caduceus Damage Control Node 2.0
oolite-cloaking-device 1.75
oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.75
oolite-nova 1.75
oolite-thargoid-plans 1.75
oolite-trumbles 1.75
[loading.complete]: ========== Loading complete. ==========
[shader.uniform.unpermittedMethod]: Did not bind uniform "alertlevel" to property -[ShipEntity alertCondition] - unpermitted method.
[shader.uniform.unpermittedMethod]: Did not bind uniform "alertlevel" to property -[ShipEntity alertCondition] - unpermitted method.
[script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 6 world scripts:
Caduceus Damage Control Node 2.0
oolite-cloaking-device 1.75
oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.75
oolite-nova 1.75
oolite-thargoid-plans 1.75
oolite-trumbles 1.75
[gameController.exitApp]: .GNUstepDefaults synchronized.

Closing log at 2011-03-13 07:11:37 +0000.

Anyone any idea on what gives?
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: caduceus and neocaduceus

Post by Commander McLane »

There's a shader error, as it seems in the shaders of your ship. I guess that's why the texture isn't displayed.