Uhhh....where do those rapid-turrets come from?

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Uhhh....where do those rapid-turrets come from?

Post by Screet »

Hmmm. I recently did update my trunk build.

Now something's wrong. Very wrong.

My Caduceus turrents suddenly fire so rapidly that there's a green wall around my ship! I've never seen anything like this.

Since I am locally using the "turrets use energy" thing, I've my banks depleted in less than 2 seconds now. That wasn't this way before and I did not make changes there...thus I do wonder if other people using trunk do see the same rapid-firing problem or not - and if someone has an idea of what is going on.

Screet
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Confirmed and fixed in SVN2658. May require some fine tuning though.
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

another_commander wrote:
Confirmed and fixed in SVN2658. May require some fine tuning though.
Still appears to be a VERY high fire rate to me. I think it's still 2-3 times faster than it used to be. Very horrible to encounter a BlackMonk ship now ;)

Screet
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Screet, you are doing own builds, right? So, you can try this: Locate in ShipEntity.h the line that reads

Code: Select all

#define TURRET_SHOT_FREQUENCY  (TURRET_SHOT_DURATION * TURRET_SHOT_DURATION * TURRET_SHOT_DURATION / 100.0)
and change the expression in brackets to an actual number. Currently the above calculation results in 0.27 (TURRET_SHOT_DURATION is 3.0). This gives the turrets a 0.27 fire rate, which is pretty fast. Change this to a number that matches the previous situation (smaller is faster) and let me know which number this is so we can fine tune it.
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

another_commander wrote:
Screet, you are doing own builds, right? So, you can try this: Locate in ShipEntity.h the line that reads

Code: Select all

#define TURRET_SHOT_FREQUENCY  (TURRET_SHOT_DURATION * TURRET_SHOT_DURATION * TURRET_SHOT_DURATION / 100.0)
and change the expression in brackets to an actual number. Currently the above calculation results in 0.27 (TURRET_SHOT_DURATION is 3.0). This gives the turrets a 0.27 fire rate, which is pretty fast. Change this to a number that matches the previous situation (smaller is faster) and let me know which number this is so we can fine tune it.
Have there been two changes to the speed yesterday? After updating another time, there appeared to be a further slowdown (yet not enough).

I now tried it with 0.4 and this does look OK to me.

Screet
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Hmmm. Still appears that the turrets are faster than before...might be the higher framerate though.

Guess I'll try with 0.5 next...

Screet