Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Non-standard aspect ratio - now solved for Fighter HUD

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Screet wrote:
Everyone with a standard 19" TFT or 17" TFT with 19" resolution would benefit ;)
Not everyone. That patch is applied on a windows only file. That file does not even show up on the mac code editor.

But I assume that the basics of that patch can also be applied on the mac screen.
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Kaks wrote:
Haven't started testing yet. This weekend I should have some free time, provided I can stop myself from taking on extra commitments...
Well...if you tell me how to tell SVN to integrate these changes (or tell notepad++ how to do it), I'd also test it...or if anyone provides files which I could simply use to replace those I got via svn ;)

Screet
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Screet, save the text as a file ending with .patch (in the /trunk directory), right click the file, and you should get the tortoiseSVN apply patch option.

That should do it. If there are conflicting files, you'll have to hand merge the files using your judgement... :)

Eric, the patch seems to cover the mac side of things too, but I'll have a - hopefully - good look there too...
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Kaks wrote:
Eric, the patch seems to cover the mac side of things too, but I'll have a - hopefully - good look there too...
I missed that it both did:

Code: Select all

Index: src/SDL/MyOpenGLView.h
===================================================================
--- src/SDL/MyOpenGLView.h	(revision 2681)
+++ src/SDL/MyOpenGLView.h	(working copy)
for windows and

Code: Select all

Index: src/Cocoa/MyOpenGLView.m
===================================================================
--- src/Cocoa/MyOpenGLView.m	(revision 2681)
+++ src/Cocoa/MyOpenGLView.m	(working copy)
for the mac.
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Kaks wrote:
Screet, save the text as a file ending with .patch (in the /trunk directory), right click the file, and you should get the tortoiseSVN apply patch option.
Thanks! Seems that using the "easy package" for windows wasn't too good at this point: there's no integration into the context menu, only command line utilities - and even worse: it's not able to give proper help and such as it's showing many numbers instead of text... looks like I should have used the more complex setup :?

Screet
Y A J
Average
Average

Post by Y A J »

Hi, folks!

Any suggestions on what to do with the patch? Await further testing? Make any modifications? Commit it to trunk as is?

Thanks,
- Yet Another Jameson
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Y A J wrote:
Hi, folks!

Any suggestions on what to do with the patch? Await further testing? Make any modifications? Commit it to trunk as is?

Thanks,
- Yet Another Jameson
I have not been able to test this at all (not enough free time), but if you are confident that all current HUDs work without any changes, I would say commit it. If changes are needed in any of them though, we will need to have a look at it before commiting anything.
Y A J
Average
Average

Post by Y A J »

another_commander wrote:
I have not been able to test this at all (not enough free time), but if you are confident that all current HUDs work without any changes, I would say commit it.
Thanks, a_c. Yes, unless I am completely confused, all current HUDs should be unaffected. (Every visible change is of the form "x" to "x + scale * offset", where "offset" is a lookup of a key that did not previously exist, and whose value defaults to 0.0.) It's now committed in revision 2719.

- Yet Another Jameson
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Y A J wrote:
Yes, unless I am completely confused, all current HUDs should be unaffected. (Every visible change is of the form "x" to "x + scale * offset", where "offset" is a lookup of a key that did not previously exist, and whose value defaults to 0.0.) It's now committed in revision 2719.

- Yet Another Jameson
I can confirm for the mac: The internal hud now follows the bottom of the screen, even for tall screens, while existing huds (like medusa hud that needs to be centred on screen), stay unaffected.