Killit™.oxp (was Superweapon.oxp)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Commander McLane wrote:
For the third one I would have to rely on including a Trojan in the script, which is above my capabilitities... :oops:
Oh, it’s easy. According to Avira , you just need a customsounds.plist with the word “worm” in it. :-/
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Ahruman wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:
For the third one I would have to rely on including a Trojan in the script, which is above my capabilitities... :oops:
Oh, it’s easy. According to Avira , you just need a customsounds.plist with the word “worm” in it. :-/
Which is of course nice to have, but unfortunately doesn't yet destroy the user's computer.

(On the other hand, it is comforting to know that it will at least destroy his brain.) :twisted:
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Commander McLane wrote:
Ahruman wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:
Which is of course nice to have, but unfortunately doesn't yet destroy the user's computer.
So will Oolite rename this entry to [wrmhole-created] to let scripters be able to drop a 'trojan' then by renaming it again?
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Svengali wrote:
So will Oolite rename this entry to [wrmhole-created] to let scripters be able to drop a 'trojan' then by renaming it again?
No.

I again encourage Avira users to contact Avira and ask them to fix their bug.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Hi!

Just to tell all of you that with the inclusion of the Pandoraweapon and the OMGWTFBBQweapon this OXP has come to its ends. (Yes, I did it!) :twisted:

However, I resisted the urge to also include the 42weapon. Instead, as a little icing on the cake, I bring you the Supermissile.

Details up in the updated first post.

Have fun!

@ ClymAngus: Dear sir, of course I sincerely apologize for making your life too easy. :) However, there is a remedy contained in this new version of the OXP. May I draw your kind attention to the fifth in the bundle of superweapons? I assure you that it will be very helpful in achieving the goal you have set yourself and described so neatly in your post.

Furthermore, not only have I no objections against the undertaking you so laconically referred to as "steal your code and actually make something useful", but with immense pleasure I can affirm that an enterprise like this is most strongly encouraged by the very nature of this little open source project of ours, and not least by the release notes of the OXP.

For the sake of fairness, however, I feel compelled to raise a minuscule objection against the implied notion of your statement, that my own use of the code contained in this OXP might not actually be useful. If you are surrounded by a sea of plagues, for instance, and have enough liquid assets at your hand, I am quite certain it may be immensly useful.

Yours sincerly! :wink:
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Does it also remove the last calorie from Diet Coke and destroy the remaining 0.001% of household germs that modern bleaches cannot seem to get? :twisted:
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Thargoid wrote:
Does it also remove the last calorie from Diet Coke and destroy the remaining 0.001% of household germs that modern bleaches cannot seem to get? :twisted:
It is actually discouraged to kill every last germ. Humankind has lived with—and gotten used to—germs for millions of years, actually to everybody's benefit. Only since we don't want to get used to them anymore and use sterilizers like crazy, we started to develop serious problems, like allergies, if we finally do encounter a germ.

Therefore, while wiping out all existing life, the superweapons do not suppress the new development of life forever (at least not the first three of them). :wink:
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Here's where you have to go next!

(although maybe not if you're on dialup ...)
zevans
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm

Re: Superweapon.oxp

Post by zevans »

Eric Walch wrote:
Development of this nuke started after I was deprived of my well earned fee by a bar for the third time.
The local bar frequently separates me from my fees...
zevans
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm

Post by zevans »

Anonymous demands that we rename the OXP to Kill It With Fire
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

zevans wrote:
Anonymous demands that we rename the OXP to Kill It With Fire
Anonymously agrees

FSOneblin
Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
overmage
Deadly
Deadly

Post by overmage »

Can we have a weapon that makes the system go NOVA?
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

I feel a YAH ad coming on:

Killit Bang!

:D
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

...or Doomestos, maybe.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

overmage wrote:
Can we have a weapon that makes the system go NOVA?
You have it already:

Code: Select all

system.sun.goNova()
Now go novabomb a few innocent worlds ;-)