St.oxp

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Hi Rustybolts,

your new ship is looking good now!

Price suggestion for the stats you wrote: In RS/OSE, a ship with 0.390 ls speed, cargo expandable to 55t, pitch n roll stats at 0.8 and 1.8 with 3 missile slots and 3 energy banks, assuming an energy recharge rate of 4 and 4 lasers would cost ~ 177.900 Cr and be available at TLs 5-9 like the Cobra Mk III.

A ship, balanced to be a small step upwards from the Cobra Mk III, leaning into the lane of small trader a bit.

Hope these numbers are helpful as a guideline ...

Have fun with your first oxp :D

L
Rustybolts
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rustybolts »

http://www.mediafire.com/?z11glitjdhz
ste.oxp located above will edit my first post to include this upload will also post picture to compare old an new ship change.
Stats above were helpfull it now seems priced about right, thank you for your kind comments :D
Rustybolts
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rustybolts »

hmm got problems my ste.oxp only works with st.oxp installed maybe something to do with altering original model? :cry:
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Sounds like you forgot something to transfer from the old version to the new one.

Simple solution (if a bit sloppy) attempt could be to copy & paste the ste version over the st version - if there is anything the former needs from the latter it will find itself in the new hybrid oxp anyways ...

Hope that helps

L
Rustybolts
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: ..

Post by Rustybolts »

Lestradae wrote:
Sounds like you forgot something to transfer from the old version to the new one.

Simple solution (if a bit sloppy) attempt could be to copy & paste the ste version over the st version - if there is anything the former needs from the latter it will find itself in the new hybrid oxp anyways ...

Hope that helps

L
Yeah it worked i dont understand how but hey still it works ty :lol:
Well it did work until i fiddled with it now i cant get it working omg
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Well, the version you put up for download should work ... no typos, no obvious errors ...

The folders in the oxp are missing a capital letter first, though, "config" instead of "Config" etc., not sure if Oolite will forgive that.

In the NPC version's "<key>view_position_aft</key>" there is a empty space in the string below, not sure if that can be a problem.

Will test it tomorrow but looks fine to me.

Good n8

L
Rustybolts
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rustybolts »

Lestradae wrote:
Well, the version you put up for download should work ... no typos, no obvious errors ...

The folders in the oxp are missing a capital letter first, though, "config" instead of "Config" etc., not sure if Oolite will forgive that.

In the NPC version's "<key>view_position_aft</key>" there is a empty space in the string below, not sure if that can be a problem.

Will test it tomorrow but looks fine to me.

Good n8

L
Thanks for all your help but im starting to wonder if all my problems are a result of the media i have oolite stored on (sd card). I only had ste.oxp installed last thing last night the ste model was shown available to buy in shop, but on a in game flight i came across old st flying away. :?:
Oh an the reason i have it running from sd card is that the ship was produced running on a acer aspire one netbook. Will have to try external hardrive.
Rustybolts
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rustybolts »

Transfered to hardrive and ste.oxp wont appear at all. Ill use my harddrive as testing ground now
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Suddenly with the small front viewport it looks so much more in scale. Excellent.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Rustybolts
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rustybolts »

Unfortunately it looks as if it will never see the light of day. Only my first oxp works. Ste oxp and another ste i have remodeled from scratch fail to work i have studied the shipdata.plist both from what i had working on original st.oxp and have looked through other peoples and i cant see what i am doing wrong. I have even downloaded a plist editor for windows thinking notepad was maybe not upto the task *sigh!* but to no avail.
Seriously miffed :evil:
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Rustybolts, if you send me a PM with what oxp-like you have cobbled together so far I'd have a quick look at it and see if I can make it work.
Rustybolts
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rustybolts »

Lestradae wrote:
Rustybolts, if you send me a PM with what oxp-like you have cobbled together so far I'd have a quick look at it and see if I can make it work.
Ty very much
I think my netbook would have had more chance flying than that oxp (through window).
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Are you using the IpodRobot plist editor?

When I try to open your plist with that editor, it fails to open with the following error messages.

Code: Select all

XML parser error:
	Close tag on line 3321 does not match open tag dict
Old-style plist parser error:
	Malformed data byte group at line 1; invalid hex
Hopefully there's a clue in there somewhere...
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Rustybolts
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rustybolts »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Are you using the IpodRobot plist editor?

When I try to open your plist with that editor, it fails to open with the following error messages.

Code: Select all

XML parser error:
	Close tag on line 3321 does not match open tag dict
Old-style plist parser error:
	Malformed data byte group at line 1; invalid hex
Hopefully there's a clue in there somewhere...
Yeah thats the plist editor im using but it aint coming up with error for me
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Strange.. normally I'd suspect I got a corrupted download, except that Notepad++ opens it fine, although I have to manually set the language to XML with Notepad++. If you get Notepad++ be sure to get all the extra plugins too...

Edit to add: except that when Notepad++ checks the syntax it reports:
XML parsing error at line 3741:
Extra content at the end of the document
3741 is the final line
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied