Tionisla Orbital Graveyard

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: Tionisla Orbital Graveyard

Post by Eric Walch »

SandJ wrote:
The former has fixed typos but suggests it is a test version.
The latter refers to the TOGY_Shipwreck pack as a separate version
Both are version 1.1
The former is the correct one. Originally I planned to add add 3 oxps in the zip file. And because documentation gets lost when people add the oxp in the addOn folder, I prefer it to be in the oxp itself. But on Mac computers the file will not be seen at that location, so I often add a duplicate of the documentation outside the oxp. The file is so small that duplicating has no impact on the size. Before release it was decided with Selezen that the shipwrecks should not be a part of the package as those ships were never intended to be in the oxp. I corrected the credits file and fixed a few typos, but apparently forgot to update the copy inside the oxp.
That the readMe contains duplicate info is intentional. People tend to not read documentation, so I put the most essential info about installing also in the readMe. And if they don't read that, its their own business.

The Memorial oxp was created and published in October last year as a separate oxp. (It has 14 downloads till now). Somewhere the next weeks, I'll withdraw that one and incorporate it in a version 1.2 of the TOGY_Monuments pack. That version 1.2 I already prepared last October, but never uploaded it.
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

I don't think the Tionisla Orbital Graveyard docking station appears in the Advanced Space Compass. As a tourist attraction, presumably it should? Or am I missing something?

And the entrance faces towards the grave things; should the entrance face away from them? (Using the Docking Computer can result in hitting monuments :o ) and being attacked and destroyed. :evil: )
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

Eric Walch wrote:
The Memorial oxp was created and published in October last year as a separate oxp. (It has 14 downloads till now). Somewhere the next weeks, I'll withdraw that one and incorporate it in a version 1.2 of the TOGY_Monuments pack. That version 1.2 I already prepared last October, but never uploaded it.
Would you consider including some Generic textures that can be edited easily, and than will appear only once in the Graveyard. I know a few people I would like to see represented in the Oolite Tionisla Graveyard :twisted:
Would be fun to stop by and go looking for them there.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

SandJ wrote:
I don't think the Tionisla Orbital Graveyard docking station appears in the Advanced Space Compass. As a tourist attraction, presumably it should? Or am I missing something?
That is intentional. It should be a kind of sport to find the graveyard, based on the tales from Dark Wheel. At least I think that is how Selezen planned it.
SandJ wrote:
And the entrance faces towards the grave things; should the entrance face away from them? (Using the Docking Computer can result in hitting monuments :o ) and being attacked and destroyed. :evil: )
It was worse in the original version. Some of the monuments could be placed right in front of the entrance, resulting in not giving launching clearance to any ships. The first 2000 meter must be free for such a clearance. I fixed that part in the station script, so that the station removes any monuments that were added within 2400 meter of the station. It is in the tgy_dodo script. I could increase that value if it helps the docking computer. Clearly I only tested it with manual docking.
Gimi wrote:
Would you consider including some Generic textures that can be edited easily, and than will appear only once in the Graveyard. I know a few people I would like to see represented in the Oolite Tionisla Graveyard .
The whole oxp was set up in a way that everybody could make their own additional expansion packs. No need to edit the core packs. That is how I made the current SteveJobs memorial pack and could be ann example to make your own. See my sign under 1.74+ expansion packs. There it is still available for download.
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

Gimi wrote:
Eric Walch wrote:
Would you consider including some Generic textures that can be edited easily, and than will appear only once in the Graveyard. I know a few people I would like to see represented in the Oolite Tionisla Graveyard.
And of course Robert Holdstock ought to be represented.
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.