Tionisla Orbital Graveyard

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

OK...call me a dumbass... How do I install the oxp? And the savegame???
Arexack_Heretic
Dangerous Subversive Element
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

So, i fooled around with the skins somewhat.

The station has multiplied into 3;
1) Ou naturell
2) In grey, with Black insets.
3) In a black marble coating. If you want the gold in, hand me a sample.

Did a quick and dirty skin for a rusty pyton.

Edit: Browsing your site...
I notice that in your plist monuments have no cargo. Maybe they do?
I certainly would take my valuables with me, if I were inclined to entomb myself in a CobraMkIII.
Also: There ARE inhabited systems very far from Sol, I tried to reach them, but they are too far.
JohnJordan has a nice prgrm to locate such systems in the Frontier galaxy.
Riding the Rocket!
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

Hmmm, good point re: the cargo, but OTOH, them tomb will turn out nearly indestructible?
It should be not a good idea to try to blast tombs, IMHO.

Oh errr... and bad news about your station, it has to be a dodeca, I'm afraid, too many people would cry bloody murder (them fanatics really mean it :wink: )

Would you settle to use them as substations? where the guards live? Maybe in a triangele around the central station or....
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Rxke wrote:
YaY!

Be double sure to give the nice people sweating over the ports some feedback and (touch wood) bugnotifications!
I already have! :wink:

I tried to install the graveyard oxp and the game stopped working, reporting that it couldn't find the cobra-player file

It could be a pretty good idea to have cargo in some monuments. Only if there are ships in the monuments though. It could be restricted to custom monuments. Maybe a load of gemstones or something.

I think the Dodo station will be the one of choice for the yard.

Rxke, if you used the PLIST files from my site, the FLASHER values there were the same ones that were there from the oolite monument - I never changed thier values.
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Rxke wrote:
Would you settle to use them as substations? where the guards live? Maybe in a triangele around the central station or....
Why not resise the model and have it as the perimiter beacons? It's a damn nice model and a really nice shape. Shame to waste it. Reskin it and make it plainer and slap a light of two on it.

It could be a station somewhere else in the ooniverse too. Maybe even a monument for a powerful family in the graveyard...
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

>.....I tried to install the graveyard oxp and the game stopped working, reporting that it couldn't find the cobra-player file...

Weird, it doesn't use any cobra's AFAIK...

>.... pretty good idea to have cargo in some monuments.... restricted to custom monuments....

Thought it was a neat idea, too...

>.....if you used the PLIST files from my site, the FLASHER values there were the same ones that were there from the oolite monument - I never changed thier values.....

Already thought so.

perimeter buoys/station, cool idea. The shape is good, so...

(okay, back to looking what's going wrong... Ah, can now use the buoy model from A_H :D That is, if i can figure out how to insert the verticesdata etc...
Arexack_Heretic
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Well, ok.
Use it as you see fit.
Maybe Aeg will considder using it as a small lowtech orbiter. :)

Created a small fightercraft, which may be usefull as a Graveyard-guardian, designated Lancet MkII. Also known as the Lance.
It's very sleek and deadly looking, reminicent of a SuperStarDestroyer now that I think of it.

I'll post the incomplete wingsmesh tonight and work on the skin tomorrow.
(or maybe tonight :roll: )
Got an idea that might work: white w black cross, otherwise maybe silver might work. Or a decal with an Ouroboros/infinity symbol, hmmm.
Riding the Rocket!
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

I'd kinda like the staff ships in the yard to be Kraits.

I like the idea of using the Lancets as defence ships for the yard though.

So: how about having Kraits with a funereal skin on general patrol in the yard, then if anyone attacks a monument or even if a fight breaks out nearby or in the yard then Lancets launch from the station?

I like the Lancet model, A_H.

I'm gonna try and work on a Krait skin tomorrow.

Cor - it's only been a day, and we have a graveyard plus fighter and patrol ships!! How great is that.

I also want to congratulate Giles on putting together a fantastic version of Elite. I tried to get to Tionisla earlier and failed because I was sitting watching other people get in fights, and kept following Police Interceptors.

I hit fire by mistake and hit a cop. I didn't last long after that...

and dajt - damn fine work on the conversion. On behalf of PC ELiters, thanks!
Arexack_Heretic

Not if I beat you to it! :D
Riding the Rocket!
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

Ok.

Update.

The code is a mess! :lol: it tweaked it into oblivion.
But don't worry, I'm here all night :wink:

accomplished: not much: only that 1/10th away from planet is waay to close, it's smack next to the main station. i went to 2/10th, still not sure, probably going for 3/10th.

I changed your code selezen, so it runs now. Changed coordinates system, still not happy with it, might switch to absolute numbers (more flexible in long run... If only there was a way to find the distance sun/planet in metres ???
But it works. (xcept for missing skins, buoys, and station, but those I will add next couple of hours.
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

Update...

confused.
We must agree on names, now it's a mess with the buoys being clad as undertaker stations, monuments with confusing names... And I just ran out of coffee!

(back to figuring stuff out, heehee...)
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Rxke wrote:
accomplished: not much: only that 1/10th away from planet is waay to close, it's smack next to the main station. i went to 2/10th, still not sure, probably going for 3/10th.
3/10ths is probably about right. Enough distance between planet and graveyard for a decent length flight
Rxke wrote:
I changed your code selezen, so it runs now. Changed coordinates system, still not happy with it, might switch to absolute numbers (more flexible in long run... If only there was a way to find the distance sun/planet in metres ???
I have a funny feeling it's about ten times the distance between planet and sun. would GIles know how far the distances are? Maybe 1AU (whatever that is in meters)

If not, then it's gonna be a trial and error thing - instead of using the U parameter, use M and see what the values have to be until you get it in the right place.

Clunky, I know, but should work.
Rxke wrote:
But it works. (xcept for missing skins, buoys, and station, but those I will add next couple of hours.
Can you do a shed load of screenshots? Dajt tells me that the PC version can't accept OXPs, so I won't be able to see until that's sorted out.

A_H : please let me do the Krait - I haven't done much on this mod so far...

Right..I really ought to go to bed now. Night all, and nice work, everyone.

EDIT: dammit! Rxke, you always seem to post as I;m writing a response!!!
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

jup. priority nr one: distance in meters. trial and erring it will be...

Shedloads. I always thought it was spelled with an 'i' and a 't' at the end.... :lol:
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Yeah, but I try not to swear in public... :lol:
Arexack_Heretic

New krait skin available as of now.

g'night.
Riding the Rocket!