Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

After Deposed...

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Tivva
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Right behind you in a cloaked Thargoid Warship prototype

After Deposed...

Post by Tivva »

Just completed the 'deposed' missions in gal 4 & as required made the galactic jump to gal5. Got the (trunk) cloaking device, now the question is....
Are there any native or oxp missions to do in gal 5 & 6 or should I jump to Gal 7 for the assassins set of missions????

The wiki mentions Navy Spec Ops in G6 but I can't find a download???

Thanks
Tiv
Zbond-Zbond
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zbond-Zbond »

:?: is there a cloak in G5 in deposed?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

I think the Spec Ops Mission is included in the Navy.oxp, so you don't need a separate download if you already have the Navy.oxp. However you have to have completed quite a large number of the normal Navy Missions (as well as being in G6) to trigger it. Apart from missions that are added to all Galaxies (eg Thargoid Wars, the Navy Missions, Random Hits, UPS etc) there are no missions specific to Galaxy 5 apart from the Cloak Mission. The Navy Spec Ops Mission is the only one that requires you to be in G6. So you could hang out in G6 for a bit doing enough normal Navy Missions to trigger the Special Mission or jump straight to G7 and come back to G6 later when you have enough of a reputation with the Navy to trigger the Navy special mission.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Tivva
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tivva »

LittleBear wrote:
I think the Spec Ops Mission is included in the Navy.oxp, so you don't need a separate download if you already have the Navy.oxp. However you have to have completed quite a large number of the normal Navy Missions (as well as being in G6) to trigger it. Apart from missions that are added to all Galaxies (eg Thargoid Wars, the Navy Missions, Random Hits, UPS etc) there are no missions specific to Galaxy 5 apart from the Cloak Mission. The Navy Spec Ops Mission is the only one that requires you to be in G6. So you could hang out in G6 for a bit doing enough normal Navy Missions to trigger the Special Mission or jump straight to G7 and come back to G6 later when you have enough of a reputation with the Navy to trigger the Navy special mission.
Thanks LB
After re-reading the wiki again thats the conclusion i came to too :-)
I initially assumed it was an separate oxp & not part of gal Navy DOH!
but could'nt find it....
I can't wait to start the assassins guild :twisted:

tiv
Tivva
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tivva »

Zbond-Zbond wrote:
:?: is there a cloak in G5 in deposed?
You have to scoop it after destroying a cloaked ship just after the jump from G4 to G5. The cloaked ship usually found in the first few jumps iirc....

What do I know, I only just got here....
Zbond-Zbond
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zbond-Zbond »

oh, That'll be the native cloaking device mission.
Is there really a weird ship at Bebeleus (when I deliver passenger to G5)? I went there and looked
and looked
and looked again
Then looked everywhere else
..then looked some more

But couldn't see anything exceptional

Currying some trumbles -- think they're burning -- must dash :!:
Capt. Slog
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Capt. Slog »

Two attempts and never found anything. Think I dumped the data aswell. Nothing.