Joystick Recommendations

News and discussion of the PC port of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

MerlynUK
Poor
Poor

Post by MerlynUK »

I was looking at getting the Saitek Aviator for use with FS-X las t year, but decided to go for the Cyborg X instead - for a budget stick it has served me well. It has plenty of programmable buttons as well as dual throttle and works great with Oolite (had to map the PoV hat to F1-F4 though - I believe hat support has been fixed in Trunk).

Would rather an X52 pro tho!!
Davidtq
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Davidtq »

MerlynUK wrote:
I was looking at getting the Saitek Aviator for use with FS-X las t year, but decided to go for the Cyborg X instead - for a budget stick it has served me well. It has plenty of programmable buttons as well as dual throttle and works great with Oolite (had to map the PoV hat to F1-F4 though - I believe hat support has been fixed in Trunk).

Would rather an X52 pro tho!!
My trust joystick has completely given up the ghost now and flown its last, The spring at the bottom of the stick finally managed to snap off the piece of plastic it hooks to on the base lifting it into the base of the joystick meaning the joystick now locks at all sorts of angles and cant fly straight :shock:

Not a moment too soon on the new joystick order, hope it turns up tomorrow

My wife went for the aviator as she wanted a slimmer stick, my current one and many others are a bit chunky for her to grip comfortable long term.

I really cant ait to get my hands on the new stick now :D, only reason I can justify the money is because I finally let go of the old rally car and an expensive joystick was my "treat" :(, hopefully it will provide more hours entertainment, and less hassle than the old hobby :lol:
MerlynUK
Poor
Poor

Post by MerlynUK »

One of the reasons I went for the Cyborg X over the Aviator was the adjustable handle - the stick length and angle of the top buttons/pov hat can be adjusted to suit your hand - very useful and a lot more comfortable for extended flying/combat!
The best way not to be unhappy is not to have a word for it (Douglas Adams - HHGTTG)
Davidtq
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Davidtq »

Well, the X52 pro arrived the day after the trust broke, and Ive been flying ever since...

Amazing the difference the joystick makes, far more immersive and feels far less like "playing". Its a bit too good, Ive got to get one for my wife now, which means the aviator is getting religated to spare already...
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

@David,
If you're Ooliting on XP and have the latest Saitek software installed, I can post the Oolite profile I programmed for my x52.

Congrads on obtaining epic win flight control, ace. 8)
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor