Target Autolock OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Problem solved... down to my old brain again.

I'll get my coat!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Palmski
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Palmski »

I've definitely had some oddness with it this evening, it kept on autotargetting my own ship. Not 100% of the time (yay, intermittent bug) but probably 10 times in ~2 hours of play this evening.

Log is too chock full of deprecation errors to post on the forum so I've uploaded it here but I can't see any TAP problems at a glance through it.

Let me know if you want the saved game as well, don't know if that will help at all...
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

That sounds like a variation of the old "shoot the ship in front which happens to be your own rear-end" bug which I recall hearing of before.

In any case I may be able to code around it, but it'd be a difficult one (for me) to test of course. I'll add the code in tonight.
Cody

Post by Cody »

Palmski wrote:
it kept on autotargetting my own ship. Not 100% of the time (yay, intermittent bug) but probably 10 times in ~2 hours of play this evening.
I’ve been getting this problem as well… middle of a firefight and suddenly I’m locked onto my own ship.
Tried it with the older oxp (Target Autolock 1.01) and it happened again… it didn’t happen in 1.73.4
The log is clear.
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

I cannot get TAP v1.10 to work with the latest trunk build:
oolite-trunk-1.75.0.3580-dev.win32.exe

I tried both removing and editing the requires.plist file which had it limited to v1.74 ...and that didn't help. :cry:
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

1.75 isn't supported (yet) as I haven't had chance. Hence why the required.plist is in there. Plus given some of the testing that the dev's are doing for scripts it could be problematic anyway.

If you want to play, use 1.74...
Falconeer
Competent
Competent

Post by Falconeer »

Guys, I havn't had a TAP lock my own ship? I will watch out for it tonight I am gonna burn some midnight Thargoids :lol: I have the 1.74 version up. TAP 1.10.

Thers a way to simplify the log, get rid of deprecation errors, just cant remember the thread just yet.Ahruman posted it in one of my posts?

Here it is; Make a file, Logcontrol.plist and put this inside it:-

{ script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefinedError = no;
}
Put it into your AddOns. :D

Regards.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

The locking onto yourself may be a sign of something wrong deeper than the OXP, so I'm a little loathed to script around it. But it's a simple modification to check if the target it the player ship and if so then cancel it.

Let me discuss it with a few people and then I'll see.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

@ People who have had the self-lockon. Can you post here the circumstances when it happens, and if there's any way you can trigger it repeatably?

As I said above this has been reported before (as a trunk bug, but TAP may make it worse by having more lock-ons) and it's something that would be nice to finally identify and if possible correct...
Cody

Post by Cody »

Lock-on to my own ship is occasional, and only seems to happen if there are a lot of hostiles about (i.e. five or more), and I’m taking multiple hits. When it does occur, it repeats, if you see what I mean. I can’t reproduce it to order, but I’ll keep trying.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

It would be good to know if it happens without OXPs too. Some OXPs may be using certain filtered entity ship queries which would not normally exclude the player ship from the result.
Cody

Post by Cody »

another_commander wrote:
It would be good to know if it happens without OXPs too.
I’m running the following OXPs:

CaptKev Dodo
Fighter Hud
Griff Krait
Griff Shipset (individual, not the all-in-one)
Griff Multidecal Cobra
System Redux
Target Autolock
Target Reticle

The only one added since I upgraded to 1.74 is the Griff Krait. In 1.73.4 the problem did not occur.

Are you wanting me to remove all of them, except for Target Autolock?
Poro
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Poro »

Only happened once, and I haven't had a chance to repeat it yet. A bunch of pirates spawned by the Dredgers OXP attacked me, and after I had whittled them down to one the auto-lock always targeted me rather than the lone surviving Mamba, every time it shot at me. I know that's not much to go on, sorry.

1.74 autopackage build for linux, version 1.10 of TAP
Cody

Post by Cody »

Had a self-lock again last night… same as before, surrounded by five or six hostiles and taking multiple hits.
It repeated within a couple of minutes with the next bunch of hostiles. No self-locks at all today, though.

I don’t know if this is intended, but it’s very useful… if I scoop a pod, then eject it, the pod becomes targeted again.
Good for sorting through a bunch of pods and selecting only the best loot.

Oh, and as for the colours, I find that red/yellow works best.
caracal
Deadly
Deadly

Post by caracal »

El Viejo wrote:
Oh, and as for the colours, I find that red/yellow works best.
I'm glad that works for you, and I'm also glad it's so easy to change the colors. (Maybe an upcoming convergence with OXPConfig in the offing?) I couldn't take red/yellow because I target a lot of things besides hostiles, and red pips on my scanner make my trigger finger twitch.

But man, I sure am liking the flashing pips, whatever the color. It's so useful I think it should be in the core game. (Easily said by one who is not responsible for maintaining it, but still. :P)