Target Autolock OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Capt. Slog
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Capt. Slog »

Would it be possible to reflect certain currently unused keys back to oxps, leaving writers and/or users to sort out who could use which key?
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Capt. Slog wrote:
Would it be possible to reflect certain currently unused keys back to oxps, leaving writers and/or users to sort out who could use which key?
No, that is very specifically what I don’t want to do. OXP writers don’t know which keys are unused on each user’s systems, and users definitely should not have to fiddle with configuration files to make things work.
zevans
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm

Post by zevans »

Ahruman wrote:
Capt. Slog wrote:
No, that is very specifically what I don’t want to do. OXP writers don’t know which keys are unused on each user’s systems, and users definitely should not have to fiddle with configuration files to make things work.
I'll second that: I noticed there was no definitive BBC-style keylist on the Wiki, so I made one locally with comments in it, and ran a diff afterwards. It's amazing what I had to shunt around to free up even the few keys I wanted freed up.
Capt. Slog
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Capt. Slog »

zevans wrote:
Ahruman wrote:
Capt. Slog wrote:
I'll second that: I noticed there was no definitive BBC-style keylist on the Wiki, so I made one locally with comments in it, and ran a diff afterwards. It's amazing what I had to shunt around to free up even the few keys I wanted freed up.
And in the meantime some oxps don't work as well as they might?
zevans
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm

Post by zevans »

Capt. Slog wrote:
"in the meantime" is the problem - there's stuff we will have to live without until the next stable release, and that phrase "next stable release" comes up so often I'm all for making sure that's the FIRST thing we have. Thereby, "the meantime" becomes as short as possible.

Keymap editor in-game is a) not rocket science and b) probably not too hard to give to one or more other developers and fold back in whilst the gurus get on with harder things, so my view would be it should be near the top of the list for MNSR+1, absolutely.

This is yer classic "can't please all of the people all of the time..."

I might add that missile-related scripts seem to be using an undue amount of memory on my system, so need to get to the bottom of that first...
Capt. Slog
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Capt. Slog »

zevans wrote:
Capt. Slog wrote:
"in the meantime" is the problem - there's stuff we will have to live without until the next stable release, and that phrase "next stable release" comes up so often I'm all for making sure that's the FIRST thing we have. Thereby, "the meantime" becomes as short as possible.

Keymap editor in-game is a) not rocket science and b) probably not too hard to give to one or more other developers and fold back in whilst the gurus get on with harder things, so my view would be it should be near the top of the list for MNSR+1, absolutely.

This is yer classic "can't please all of the people all of the time..."

I might add that missile-related scripts seem to be using an undue amount of memory on my system, so need to get to the bottom of that first...
You're a bit full of yourself aren't you?
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Guys, can we keep it polite, please? Friendliest board this side of etc. and all ...
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Capt. Slog, that was a bit uncalled for, don't you think?
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

8) ... Shanti ... 8)
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

OK, with thanks to Gorans for the heads-up, v1.01 is now available from the wiki and box.net. Minor bugfix to catch when your attacker gets nuked before the autolock can happen (gives a warning in the console).

Same direct URL as the first post of this thread, or via the links below.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

A small note on the 1.74 update of target autolock. It has been expanded with new functionality and is now Target Autolock Plus v1.10.

As well as auto-locking, your current target (whether autolocked or manually done) now shows up as a flashing grey/blue stick on your scanner, to aid in locating where it is. If the ships target is changed then the old target ship's lollipop will revert to it's default colours.

For any OXP maker who doesn't want autolock to happen on their ships, if you add the role "OXP_noAutolock" to the ships role list then TAP will ignore it. Similarly any stealth ship with the role "OXP_stealthShip" is also ignored.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Thargoid wrote:
For any OXP maker who doesn't want autolock to happen on their ships, if you add the role "OXP_noAutolock" to the ships role list then TAP will ignore it.
While this will work, script_info is a slightly more efficient way to do this sort of thing (and either way, it should be prefixed with your name and/or the OXP’s name).
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

OK just for you the relevant role is now "TAP_noAutolock".

I chose roles over script_info as I thought them a bit easier for people less experienced in coding up shipdata.plist to use and understand.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

I’m not absolutely certain, but I don’t think the Target Autolock oxp is working in 1.74.
I’ve tried both Target Autolock Plus 1.10 and Target Autolock 1.01… can someone doublecheck for me?
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

That one had a late change in it due to a last minute bugfix in trunk.

I'll have a look at it and see if something (or someone, aka me) screwed up.

Editted to add - tested, it works fine for me under XP. What exactly are (or aren't) you seeing? Anything in the logs?

Oh and the correct version for 1.74 is TAP 1.10.

Is this OXP not working for anyone else? If so please post here