Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Ionics.oxp

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

CmdrGumbo
Competent
Competent

Re: Ionics.oxp

Post by CmdrGumbo »

richard.a.p.smith wrote:
Hi. I wonder if someone can help me out, probably only a minor problem. I got started with Ionics, got the Funnelweb attack mission and killed it, got back to the station and docked, got 15 grand. All good stuff but the mission destination on Rimaza stayed there. I then went off to the Link place (no prompt, just thought I should try going back and forth a bit and got a message somewhere), docked at that place after jumping there and that appeared to be it; nothing else happened for quite a few jumps, the mission destination at Rimaza remained but nothing else happened. Makes me think I didn't do something properly or something's been missed, maybe something's interfering with, dunno, scripts or something (I'm not a computery type!). Since then I tried deleted six lines from the save file with the ionics variables in them and also the line with the mission destination, re-loaded the Ionics oxp and re-started the missions. I just got to Rimaza again after killing the Funnelweb and got 15 grand - the red cross once again stayed there. So, is this expected behavoiur? Ta. Richard.
I'd like to ask one more question as I have resumed my old 'ionics' savegame from 2011 yesterday. I once I arrive in the Rimaza sytem, I get prompted to go to the Link place (coordinates have been uploaded etc.) but I don't see the waypoint in my advanced space compass. On the galactic chart, Rimaza is marked with a red cross so I guess I'm on the right path. Anyone here with a hint how to find the Link place? Is it in a rock hermit?!
Solonar
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Solonar »

The Link Base looks like a rock hermit and it will be away from the planet past the witchpoint beacon. It should appear on the advanced space compass, at least it did for me.

SolarTech proudly presents the Plasma Turret Regulator Device Apparatus, aka the Turret Toggler
CmdrGumbo
Competent
Competent

Post by CmdrGumbo »

Solonar wrote:
The Link Base looks like a rock hermit and it will be away from the planet past the witchpoint beacon. It should appear on the advanced space compass, at least it did for me.
Ah, just found out that I had to use a custom keyconfig.plist, as I have a german keyboard layout. Now I can easily select waypoints again. Thanks for the info, will go for a hunt now ... :mrgreen:
Ranthe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Paraparaumu, New Zealand (TL 8, Rich Agricultural, Multi-Government)

Post by Ranthe »

Just started the "get the Link package from Cevera" part of the Ionics mission - those blasted Dictator ships have been dogging my tail on most jumps before I've even got fully out of witchspace, and it's been either running like hell on full injectors and having Annie's shields battered to pieces or dropping a bottle of instant sunshine between me and the welcoming party (and running like hell on full injectors).

Speaking of which:
Makandal wrote:
The only way to get the Funnelweb was to make short passes...
... if you don't use a Q-bomb, that is. As the YAH ad says: "When you have to absolutely positively have to kill everything..." :mrgreen:
Commander Ranthe: Flying the Anaconda-class transport Atomic Annie through Galaxy 2.
Combat Ranking: Dangerous
"Big ships take more booty on your interstellar flights..."
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Ranthe wrote:
... if you don't use a Q-bomb, that is. As the YAH ad says: "When you have to absolutely positively have to kill everything..." :mrgreen:
Hmmm. The expression 'Pride comes before a fall' springs to mind here 8)
There are things out there that a Q-bomb won't touch, you know. :wink:
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Smivs wrote:
There are things out there that a Q-bomb won't touch, you know.
<grins> Yep, ain't that the truth!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Sundiver
Average
Average

Post by Sundiver »

I have come back to Oolite after some time and loaded the latest of everything. I used to fly a Huntsman until I lost it gambling (the gamble being playing way to long and hitting the purchase when browsing new ships).
Anyhow, it seems that I always encountered Ionics ships in G1 but now I don't see any. Was this changed? Not that it is a big problem but I have been searching for a new Huntsman and there has not been a single Ionics ship in space or for sale.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

I think they're restricted to only appear in G2, both as NPCs and for sale.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Yup.. the shipyard.plist restricts player ship sales to G2. The wiki entry gets this wrong, because it mentions G1 when it means "Galaxy NUMBER 1", which, because numbering begins with 0, is actually G2. I've corrected the wiki to reflect the facts.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Sundiver
Average
Average

Post by Sundiver »

Thanks.
I was ready to go to Galaxy two anyhow. Now I have my new Huntsman all tricked out
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Oh, and incidentally, G'day and welcome aboard! Only 3.5 years from joining 'til de-lurking.. not bad.. :mrgreen:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Cody wrote: Fri May 03, 2013 10:18 am
Smivs wrote:
There are things out there that a Q-bomb won't touch, you know.
<grins> Yep, ain't that the truth!
Are these just OXP things, or do they include Vanilla game things too?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cody

Post by Cody »

Just OXP things, I'd think - though nothing is certain these days. Not tested for a decade, but try lobbing a QCM at a Green Gecko!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!