Space Monster/Dragon/Creature to battle in Oolite deep space

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

dima
Competent
Competent

Post by dima »

@Killer Wolf: Well, actually I was secretly hoping you would write something like "no, there's some Elite in it, you just have to do this and that to get there, enter code here, find secret mode there..." something like that ;) But still, it's a nice finding :D

@all: I'd really like to see this implemented, so too many ideas would actually not be healthy for the project - a not-so-complex first oxp would be just perfect :D After all there could be a release after this with more features, but usually the most fancy fantastic feature-heavy concepts never get done in the end.
Like an old publisher (Thorn EMI) once said when asked to publish a game called Elite:
"For us to publish it we would need a game with a score and three lives (...)"
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

It reminds me of this game - Jack Of All Trades - where, in the storyline missions, there was this thing about there being the creator, who controls everything except you, but nobody knows. You and this huge fleet go to fight it - of course, it controls the fleet and sends it away. You finally fight the creator and its a giant head, a picture of the guy who designed the game.. :lol:
I shot him back first. That is to say, I read his mind and fired before he would have fired on me. No, sir, he wasn't a fugitive.
bacontube
Above Average
Above Average

Post by bacontube »

I am loving the idea of a space creature or two. Perhaps one is only seen far off from planets, a sort of deep space type of being. Perhaps another type is seen closer to a sun, sort of leeching off it's energy too. Sort of different types. Obviously, they'd be less common than most ships, but still, could add yet another neat element of exploration.
Lucifer-Starr
Average
Average

Post by Lucifer-Starr »

Screet wrote:

Yeah! EGGS!!! I bet you've seen that star trek episode with horta? The humans had some mining colony because they could get these precious and rare metals there...strangely, it only appeared in as spheroids....and then people began dying. Turned out to be the mother defending their children.
"Damn it, Jim! I'm a Doctor, not a bricklayer!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Devil_in_the_Dark
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Now there's a blast from my past - a long time ago when I was heavily involved in StarFleet Command - the UK end of the ST fan scene I wrote a TNG story that was a follow up to Devil In the Dark for the in-house monthly mag - if anybody is vaguely interested I'll make an effort to locate it and stick it in the fiction section...

later,

Daddy "still a sad trekkie at heart" Hoggy
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
Now there's a blast from my past - a long time ago when I was heavily involved in StarFleet Command - the UK end of the ST fan scene I wrote a TNG story that was a follow up to Devil In the Dark for the in-house monthly mag - if anybody is vaguely interested I'll make an effort to locate it and stick it in the fiction section...
Please!!!

Screet
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

In response to my offer and Screet's subsequent plea, find a copy of "Devils in the Dark (ST:TNG)" here: https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?p=80142#80142 :wink:
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here