Fuel Station OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Commander McLane wrote:
I noticed that the fuel station and satellites even hail me by name if I am cloaked. I think this should be avoided.
Or buy a better cloak? :wink:
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Commander McLane wrote:
I noticed that the fuel station and satellites even hail me by name if I am cloaked. I think this should be avoided.
You can even refuel while cloaked ;)

Screet
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Why shouldn't they? You're in a flickering ship, not an invisible one. Plus all they need to do is hail, it's not as if they're trying to shoot you or anything. :roll:
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

It just stroke me as odd that they would hail me as long as I am practically invisible for everybody else. And I just wanted to share it as an oddity.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Just updated to v1.24, as I seem to have left a couple of lines of debug code in v1.23 by accident which break the OXP (or at least stop the stations ever appearing).

With thanks to Cmdr McLane for pointing me at the error. Download from the usual places, such as the links below.

Or just remove the two lines in the middle of stationSetup.js which set the chances to zero explicitly
:oops:
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Thargoid wrote:
Or just remove the two lines in the middle of stationSetup.js which set the chances to zero explicitly :oops:
Don't panic! Actually these zeroes set the chances to 100 per cent. :wink: (Read your code. For some reason you decided to choose a greaterthan instead of a lessthan-approach.)

So it is somehow code-breaking, but in the other way: The stations are currently too abundant, especially during the longway mission.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

I must admit pondering as I wrote it that I was sure I'd seen stations around whilst I've been testing Jump Gates, but had put it down to the error somehow diverging my own installed oxp from the box one.

Anyway same amendment applies, and obviously I'm not as recovered from my illness as I thought I was ;)
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Just uploaded a minor tweak to re-enable the fancy compass icons (_ds_'s pump ones rather than the "F").

Just cosmetic so didn't bother to change the version number (especially as it'll be superceded by v1.30 when Oolite 1.74 comes out of beta).
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Just updated the OXP from 1.30 to 1.31, as McLane correctly pointed out that I'd left a little bit of debug code in it (set the chances of stations appearing to 100% in appropriate systems rather than their normal ratios).

Also made NPC ships using the stations actually fill their tanks, again the good Commander's musing.

Download via the wiki, the links below or the one in the first post of this thread.
Oathbreaker
Dangerous
Dangerous

Re: Fuel Station OXP - v1.31 Update (Code fix)

Post by Oathbreaker »

Sorry if necro'ing this thread is frowned upon, didn't spot a rule about it in a FAQ or sticky.

Great OXP with some funny issues if like me you end up in a fight around a Fuel Station when you're out of gas and the bad guys are faster/deadlier/stupider than you.

Try it, you won't be disappointed. Fun stuff happens.

Anyway, would love a version of this OXP that always had only one single fuel station (if any), located diametrically opposed to the system's planet always at extreme radar range from the jump point.

I.e.:

[BIG PLANET] - - - - - - - - - - X witchpoint buoy - - O fuel station

Why? Would cut down on 'mass lock' issues both at the jump point (since you always come into a system facing the planet) and just travelling. But to each their own, I suppose there are people who like two per system sometimes.

Cheers much, and don't forget to draw some fire around a station next time you get the chance.

EDIT: On second thought, maybe the above would be *too* convenient. I dunno, do a lot of people use the second station?
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: Fuel Station OXP

Post by Thargoid »

Would be a fairly simple modification to make (just a new populator script).

Give me a day or three and I'll write you an alternative version.
Makara
Dangerous
Dangerous

Re: Fuel Station OXP - v1.31 Update (Code fix)

Post by Makara »

Oathbreaker wrote:
I.e.:

[BIG PLANET] - - - - - - - - - - X witchpoint buoy - - O fuel station

Why? Would cut down on 'mass lock' issues both at the jump point (since you always come into a system facing the planet) and just travelling. But to each their own, I suppose there are people who like two per system sometimes.
Hmmm - isn't this where constores & free Trade Zones tend to turn up (depending on distance...)? Don't know if that would lead to clashes of location though.
(Edit: Ahhhh, see what Oathbreaker was referring to now (thanks to FatLeaf's post). And yes, the second fuel station does often seem a bit superfluous)

Although one side point I noticed is that Fuel Stations doesn't seem to be playing nicely with OXPConfig any more. Running Fuel Stations 1.32, OXPConfig 2.0.3 and Windows install of Oolite 1.75.2.
Last edited by Makara on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by Fatleaf »

Thargoid wrote:
Would be a fairly simple modification to make (just a new populator script).

Give me a day or three and I'll write you an alternative version.
That would be great. I will actually have this oxp now. As that was the main annoyance I had with it, the second station always mass locking you.

Thanks Thargoid.
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

Mass-locking so you have to inject to get away quickly...selling you the fuel you need to do so. Or as business marketers like to call it: win-win! :twisted:
Oathbreaker
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Oathbreaker »

Slightly carelessly bumped into a Fuel Station. Press Space to continue.

Got a bunch of errors popping up, too:

Code: Select all

Initialising OXP System Redux 1.2
Setting scanner colors for [Ship "Escape capsule" position: (5112.25, 8270.46, 96006.1) scanClass: CLASS_CARGO status: STATUS_IN_FLIGHT]
Setting scanner colors for [Ship "Escape capsule" position: (8389.5, 1991.35, 153600) scanClass: CLASS_CARGO status: STATUS_IN_FLIGHT]
Exception: Error: Vector3D.distanceTo: Could not construct vector from parameters (undefined) -- expected Vector, Entity or array of three numbers.
    Active script: FuelStation 2.00
    fuelStation_station.js, line 47:
    	if(this.ship.position.distanceTo(player.ship.position) < 150) // player ship within 150m of the centre of the fuel station
Exception: Error: Vector3D.distanceTo: Could not construct vector from parameters (undefined) -- expected Vector, Entity or array of three numbers.
    	if(this.ship.position.distanceTo(player.ship.position) < 150) // player ship within 150m of the centre of the fuel station