Fuel Station OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Kaks wrote:
Thargoid wrote:
Editted to add - also on v1.73 the stations now use a new fuel pump icon on the advanced space compass. Although I must admit I forget who added that to trunk and made the icon :oops: If anyone can remind me I'll add a proper credit here and to the readme.
_ds_, aka Darren Salt! :)
Someone mentioned it last week and it reminded me. If you look in the readme he's properly creditted (as _ds_ anyway).
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Hmm, 1.2 fails with turretted ships again, but 1.11 doesn't (haven't got a copy of 1.12 to hand on this machine). Will try and track down how, what, where and why, but it seems most weird to me...
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

OK, I'm now a very confused alien. I just tried 1.11 again, and that too now bounces a caddy off the fuel station? I'd swear it worked when I tried it the other day.

Something's definitely amiss here though, I'm not sure the turret sub-ent bug hasn't recurred again.

Editted to add - even more weird, I've got one caddy save-game that bounces off fuel stations, and another very similar one which docks and fuels as it should. This is getting daft! :evil:
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

There's something about that station that doesn't like turreted ships. :?
Tried it with turreted ships other than a Caddy? I got the same results from a Dragon and a Xarik. I'd be hard put to squeeze a huge beast like a Kirin in there.

Meanwhile, I worked around this bug by hacking the station out of the oxp, and making it use the satellites in place of the station. The sats don't blow up their customers and get the job done.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

It seems to be the same bug that we thought was squashed, but seems to have recurred in a random and sneaky way. Yes I have now tried it with another turreted ship, and same results.

Removing the stations and using the satellites I would say is the best way. Would it be worth setting this up with OXPConfig to do it via a setting there?
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

You know T, while testing a few days ago I went into a fuel station with a player frigate (!) and it did refuel, nothing crashed.

That with the OSE version, but I had already upgraded that one to your version 1.2 of the fuel station.

The frigate has 15 turrets and does just so fit into the fuel station.

Just wanted to report here, got no crashes at all with the FSs.

:?

L
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

Thargoid wrote:

Removing the stations and using the satellites I would say is the best way. Would it be worth setting this up with OXPConfig to do it via a setting there?
hmm. I think so, yeah. When a player gets fed up with '*BOOM* press space' just for trying to buy some gas, then a little tweak fixes the problem. Sounds like a plan.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Or at least temporarily sidesteps the problem until a proper solution is identified... :roll:
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Righto, version 1.21 is now on box.net. In it you can use extraA to block fuel stations (only satellites appear) for you turret jockeys, and also extraB to allow/stop NPC ships using the fuel stations (so if extraA is set false extraB does nothing).

Download from the first post link, or the sig below.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

And another small update I'm afraid, as there's a minor omission in the scripting of the NPC ships which stops them using the stations properly.

Version 1.22 adds the missing script line - thanks to Eric for pointing it out to me. Download from the first-post link, or the ones below.
goran
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by goran »

Just to inform You that yesterday I refueled in Fuel Station, flying my turret loaded b-wing, without turning into space dust. Fuelstation 1.21, 1.74 trunk.
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Hmm Some are working some are not then? Sounds like a problem that might be fixed with a quick comparison of ship code.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

It seems to be something random or at least not so obvious and repeatable still in the trunk code. I can now usually get a standard (original) caddy into a fuel station without problem, but on occasions I still bounce off/boom (depending on how quickly I happened to be going at the time).

The situation is much-improved, but I don't think it's 100% reliable yet, at least in v1.73.2.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

And just when I thought I had this OXP stabilised, another minor bugfix needed (to block stations and satellites spawning in systems that have already gone nova, as well as those in the process of doing so). Thanks as usual to eagle-eyed Eric for spotting it.

So V1.23 is now on box.net, download via wiki, links below or the one in the thread first post.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

I noticed that the fuel station and satellites even hail me by name if I am cloaked. I think this should be avoided.