The HUD-shop

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Gnudoll
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Gnudoll »

Thanks Kaks, that did it. Not a scripter myself, and unfamiliar with where to look for these things. . .
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

No problem, that gives us programmer/scripty types an opportunity to show off our arcane knowledge! :D
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: The HUD-shop

Post by Cholmondely »

Killer Wolf wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:43 pm
getting an itch to do a Predator ship HUD!
Super! I love HUDs! That's why I put your Steampunk up on the Expansions Manager...

Additions to modern HUDs include

0) HUD Selector compatibility - very important for easily trying out a new HUD
1) MFD's - between 2 and 12 (your current ones are too old to have any, and blot out the 2 which the Vanilla game would award).
2) ability to move message & communication logs from default positions
3) Joystick Precision Indicator (see JB HUD's version)
4) Missile Identifier included in ChupacabraHUD (vital - see [https://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Categ ... _%26_Bombs here]!)
5) Current Location Display (with Current Risk Notifier) included in Deeper Space HUD (seen as a cheat by some)
6) Gubbins included in Vimana HUD (includes warning signs for low altitude/energy/shields/high temperature, extra add-on modules (purchasable) with some of the functions of the Combat & Navigation MFD's
7) Gubbins included in Dangerous HUD (includes music, choice of layouts/colour - fighter cockpit view, hauler cockpit view and glass only view, six colours)
8) Gubbins included in Xenon HUD (includes sun-glare contrast, extra laser reticles, two colours - chosen in-game with Library.oxp)
9) Ability to change distance units (km, miles, OU, Torans, cavezzi) would make it a winner from my perspective (Galactic Almanac does this)
9) Equipment lights (as in Coluber's HUD's, but also as in the Vimana HUD & Z-GrOovY MiLHUD)

Reference: https://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Category:HUDs_OXPs

ChupacabraHUD's Missile Identifier

Deeper Space HUD's Current Location Display (with Current Risk Notifier) - top left corner

Vimana HUD's Alerts - a real selling point for new players

Xenon HUD's Crosshairs

Z-GrOovY MiLHUD's Equipment Lights
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?