OOLITE GALAXY 1 - PRESTI'S TRADING STARMAP

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Ooh, he's good...
gogz69
Deadly
Deadly

Post by gogz69 »

Disembodied wrote:
Just above the Xexedi Cluster there's a group of high-tech Industrials surrounding a weedy little line of low-tech Ag worlds, but I'm struggling to come up with a name ... The Imbalance? The Inera-Rexebe Co-Prosperity Sphere?
Having looked at this myself, I think I have noticed something else too. Taking these four systems as outermost points- Orteve (west), Isatre (north), Anbeen (east) and Socelage (south), the whole cluster has a slight similarity to the RL constellation of Orion. So I would suggest the name ' Riinus Belt'.
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

gogz69 wrote:
Disembodied wrote:
Just above the Xexedi Cluster there's a group of high-tech Industrials surrounding a weedy little line of low-tech Ag worlds, but I'm struggling to come up with a name ... The Imbalance? The Inera-Rexebe Co-Prosperity Sphere?
Having looked at this myself, I think I have noticed something else too. Taking these four systems as outermost points- Orteve (west), Isatre (north), Anbeen (east) and Socelage (south), the whole cluster has a slight similarity to the RL constellation of Orion. So I would suggest the name ' Riinus Belt'.
Thats What I thought also.

Birth of Knowledge
Sparks of faith
Suns of hope
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Divas Kind Imps
Average
Average

Post by Divas Kind Imps »

I was... still might, go to start maps for all 8 of the galaxies. All of which would highlight only the most lucrative routes. In conjunction with data pulled from the internet and my compiling of data, most of these routes consist of two systems. There are a few small clusters, consisting of 3 systems, and in Galaxy 7 there is one multi-system cluster I coined the "Maraus Cluster" consisting of 7 systems.

Was going to compile the data with charts (irfanview or Gimp) as "old spacers logbook" or some-such. However, if this is a group effort, I'll turn the data over to... ?
As for the user name...

It is what happens when Thargoids become identity thieves and having ravaged an account to fund their war-efforts, leave your empty coffers and account profiles with re-engineered and totally Thargodized (a new verb?) name.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Is there any chance to get a galactic sector map like this ingame - perhaps make the graphical representation oxp-able?

It would be really cool ...
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Re: ...

Post by JensAyton »

Lestradae wrote:
Is there any chance to get a galactic sector map like this ingame - perhaps make the graphical representation oxp-able?
No.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Ahruman wrote:
Lestradae wrote:
No.
I don't know Ahruman, you give these woolly, long-winded answers, learn to be concise! :wink: :lol:
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Ahruman wrote:
Lestradae wrote:
No.
* sigh *

:(

OK, OK, no more ideas that would make you do even more ...
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

Lestradae wrote:

There is a lot of stuff I would love to see in-game, but with all the new stuff already on the way, and the MNSR definitely closer then the myth that is ELITE IV, I'm just happy that our honoured development team bothers and praise their supererogatory contribution.

Anyway, we seem to have a storm of new and updated OXP's on the way as well, so we won't be short of variety.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Gimi wrote:
Lestradae wrote:

There is a lot of stuff I would love to see in-game, but with all the new stuff already on the way, and the MNSR definitely closer then the myth that is ELITE IV, I'm just happy that our honoured development team bothers and praise their supererogatory contribution.

Anyway, we seem to have a storm of new and updated OXP's on the way as well, so we won't be short of variety.
I second that. This Starmap belongs on the Wiki though once that is up again. I thing Galaxy 2 next? (taking it slowly of course)
Turanga Leela
Poor
Poor

Post by Turanga Leela »

My vote goes for The Iron Stars, i think it adjusts just right.

I doubt the great Bell and the ol' greedy Breadbin had ever imagined somebody would take so much care to study and cartography the stars they created... Even discussing it as if in a reunion of Gal-Cop Geographic Society (don't miss the next documentary about the edible arts graduates's ecosystem and mating habits!).

IMO, the new names and routes are a great addition, since they just incite you to explore new sectors and going away from the usual trade routes one has sticken to after leaving Lave.

Spice it up with Famous Planets, the various missions and the planet OXP's and you'll get... Well, a one-eyed purple-haired spacefarer crossing the whole G1 for a tourist visit to the Tianve Pulsar! :P

I think i'll be flying G2 quite soon (after i get a little UV suntan there), so if Divas and Co. accept, i compromise to start my cartographying duties just as i get the hyperdrive working... If i remember it right, it was a scarcely populated and quite dangerous place. Think i'll have to buy myself an explorer's hat and a machete!
"- I'll have a Trumbleburger with Slurm and some Popplers"

"- Right on, commander!"
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Hello Presti,

You may draw in another Spaceway which is now ready in the Famous Planets Pack. Spaceway L3 from Zadies to Teread

Follow the link

http://www.snabbtorkande.com/fotos/mapupdate.jpg

Moderator: unbroke thread.
Presti70
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Presti70 »

pagroove wrote:
Hello Presti,

You may draw in another Spaceway which is now ready in the Famous Planets Pack. Spaceway L3 from Zadies to Teread

Follow the link

http://www.snabbtorkande.com/fotos/mapupdate.jpg
ok.
By the way. Where can I download the expansion pack for L2 and L3?

thanks.
Deadly
Deadly

Post by 0235 »

this is a bit of a tangent from the current conversation, but i like the idea of the name
Xenon (zen-on)
Xanon (zay-non)

i realy like there names, and they sound quite cluster, area or planet like
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Sounds like a gas to me. (Or the greatest shooter evar.)