* internal error *

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

* internal error *

Post by Lestradae »

[ship.subentity.sanityCheck.failed]: ***** VALIDATION ERROR: <ShipEntity 0x2e8511f0>{"Revised Dock"} thinks it's a subentity of <PlayerEntity 0xb131360>{"Zenarchy Yakuza"}, but the supposed parent does not agree. This is an internal error, please report it.
Did as the log entry said.

Stems from testing my WiP.

Could this be something I caused or is it exclusively an Oolite-internal error?
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: * internal error *

Post by wackyman465 »

Lestradae wrote:
[ship.subentity.sanityCheck.failed]
Love it.
I shot him back first. That is to say, I read his mind and fired before he would have fired on me. No, sir, he wasn't a fugitive.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Lestradae wrote:
Did as the log entry said.

Stems from testing my WiP.

Could this be something I caused or is it exclusively an Oolite-internal error?
If you’re actually trying to add a dock to a player, it’s your fault. Otherwise, errors of this general type crop up from time to time. I’m not sure why. :-/
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Ahruman wrote:
If you’re actually trying to add a dock to a player, it’s your fault. Otherwise, errors of this general type crop up from time to time. I’m not sure why. :-/
Hm. In my WiP, I use the "is_template" command for general templates for all sorts of ships, NPC and player alike. They contain all the data for all the possible variants. Later they are divided via like_ship into player and NPC variants, and the NPC variants are further divided into role categories that should be divided (such as pirate, police, trader etc.)

There are a few player ships with docks in their template models, i.e. the Juggernaut version of the Behemoth model. As they are like_ship'ped from the same template as other ship versions, and they should have a dock too for obvious graphical reasons, they are effectively player ships with a dock subentity.

Is there a problem besides the error message, I mean can this produce some sort of problem? If yes, please specify the specific problem this can cause besides the log entry.

Thanks in advance,

L

EDIT: Wait a moment. The "Zenarchy Yakuza" has no docking entity, no way. The specified docking entity belongs to another ship. Puzzled.