Crash when exiting station

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Crash when exiting station

Post by Lestradae »

I have now experienced a crash to desktop when exiting the station after a long flight & docking before several times.

The log always shows this as last line:
[script.javaScript.warning.206]: ----- JavaScript warning: player.dockedStation is deprecated, use player.ship.dockedStation instead.
Anyone an idea what or which oxp or the game itself (?) causes this?
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Insufficient info. We need more. Also, the warning is totally harmless and unrelated.
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Crash when exiting station

Post by Screet »

Lestradae wrote:
I have now experienced a crash to desktop when exiting the station after a long flight & docking before several times.

[script.javaScript.warning.206]: ----- JavaScript warning: player.dockedStation is deprecated, use player.ship.dockedStation instead.
I haven't seen such log entries with my version, but the circumstances you describe sometimes lead to similar behaviour. Most often while trying to dock or entering witchspace, but sometimes after launch or during flight. Could be something else in your case, though.

Anyway, since the texture corruption workaround I've got the impression that oolite runs more stable, but that might be luck.

Screet
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Re: Crash when exiting station

Post by JensAyton »

Lestradae wrote:

Again, the way to get more details about the cause of JavaScript warnings is to use the Debug OXP and JavaScript console. (If you leave the console running in the background, it won’t crash when Oolite does.)

However, it seems unlikely that the warning and the crash are actually related. It’s more likely that the cause of the crash is something that happens after the shipWillDockWithStation or shipDockedWithStation event is sent.