Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Oolite test release 1.72.1

Discussion and announcements regarding the Mac port… er, original version of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Oolite test release 1.72.1

Post by JensAyton »

Oolite test release 1.72.1 is now available from GURPO. This is a bug-fix update to 1.72. The updater can be applied to 1.65 and the test release series up to and including 1.72 (specifically, versions 1.65, 1.67, 1.67.1, 1.68, 1.69, 1.69b, 1.69.1, 1.69.1.1, 1.69.1.2, 1.70, 1.71, 1.71., 1.71.2 and 1.72). No, really, I’ve tested it on all of them.

Changes between 1.72 and Oolite 1.72.1:
Crashes:
  • (Non-Mac) Fixed crash when no sound device available.
  • Fixed a bug making random ship selection take unnecessarily long when script conditions failed - sometimes infinitely long.
  • Strict play mode partially fixed - switching no longer crashes, but OXP world scripts keep running, which they shouldn't.
  • Fixed crash when colliding with a ship whose model couldn't be loaded, and took steps to ensure that such ships don't exist anyway.
Game behaviour:
  • Fuel now costs money as nature intended.
  • Thargoid death curses no longer have infinite range.
  • Tharglets created by scripts are now unpiloted.
  • Probabilities for high-tech optional extras on ships are now calculated correctly.
  • Fix for stations/carriers becoming main station in interstellar space.
  • Docking clearance cancelling works as intended, and docking clearance is not required for escape pods.
Technicalities:
  • (Mac) Enabled docking clearance system.
  • Trumble sounds fixed.
  • Fixed bug where going into any of the F6 screens with the injectors key pressed would result in injectors continuing to run even after releasing the key.
  • SystemDescription.dot file (a tool for people translating Oolite) now appears in the same directory as the log on all systems.
  • Possible fix for rendering problems with Windows and ATI cards (but it's a long shot).
Ship registry:
  • Ships whose model can't be found are now dropped from the ship registry (with a warning message).
  • is_template now works properly (specifically, ships inheriting from templates do not inherit the is_template value and get dropped).
  • Subentities are no longer required to have roles.
  • Ships with bad subentity definitions are reported and dropped.
  • New ship key is_external_dependency suppresses warning when like_ships resolution fails. (The ship is silently dropped.)
Misc configuration:
  • "hasShipyard" shipdata key now works.
  • Setting a shader uniform to a constant float with short syntax (e.g. myUniform = 42;) in OpenStep-format property lists now works.
  • Overall HUD alpha now affects comm log and message log. This also affects hiding the HUD ("o" key while paused).
JavaScript:
  • Galactic hyperspace behaviour properties updated in accordance with documentation (http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Oolite ... eBehaviour).
  • playerBoughtEquipment event now fires even when equipment cost is 0.
  • player.bounty fixed.
  • player.spawnOne() now works (with deprecation warning, will be removed for version 1.74).
  • equipmentDamaged and equipmentDestroyed events now consistently provide the equipment key rather than localized name.
  • player.ship.setEquipmentStatus() now raises an equipmentDamaged event when appropriate.
  • Passing invalid parameters to Sound.play(), Sound.playSound(), expandDescription() and displayNameForCommodity() no longer crashes Oolite.
  • Ship.heatInsulation setter now works properly.
  • System.infoForSystem() no longer causes delayed crash.
Last edited by JensAyton on Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Nice! :D
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: Oolite test release 1.72.1

Post by Thargoid »

Ahruman wrote:
  • player.spawnOne() now works (with deprecation warning, will be removed for version 1.74).
Just to confirm, are you meaning player.spawnOne() to be superceded by player.ship.spawnOne(), or the whole spawnOne() is being removed?

Just want to check as I'm using the player.ship version in Planetfall at the moment (and that's working fine on the PC version).
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

The update run of 1.72.1 reveals some problems with OXPs, but also one with an error message:

Code: Select all

[shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "comlimesc" has a broken role definition "*FLASHER* 0.04.42 -1.54 0.0 2" (should have 8 tokens, has 5).
  [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "comlimesc" has a broken role definition "*FLASHER* 3.83 -2.21 -1.54 0.0 2" (should have 8 tokens, has 6).
  [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "comlimesc" has a broken role definition "*FLASHER* -3.83 -2.21 -1.54 0.0 2" (should have 8 tokens, has 6).
  [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "beacon_torpedo" has a broken role definition "*FLASHER* -1.0 0.0 -3.8 2.0 2.0 4.0" (should have 8 tokens, has 7).
  [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "beacon_torpedo" has a broken role definition "*FLASHER* 1.0 0.0 -4.5 2.0 2.0 4.0" (should have 8 tokens, has 7).
  [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "beacon_torpedo" has a broken role definition "*FLASHER* 0.0 -1.0 -4.0 2.0 2.0 4.0" (should have 8 tokens, has 7).
  [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "beacon_torpedo" has a broken role definition "*FLASHER* 0.0 1.0 -4.0 2.0 2.0 4.0" (should have 8 tokens, has 7).
I'm pretty sure the error message shouldn't read 'broken role definition', when a flasher (subentity) is wrong.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Re: Oolite test release 1.72.1

Post by JensAyton »

Thargoid wrote:
Ahruman wrote:
Just to confirm, are you meaning player.spawnOne() to be superceded by player.ship.spawnOne(), or the whole spawnOne() is being removed?
Yes, player.ship.spawnOne() will continue to work.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Commander McLane wrote:
The update run of 1.72.1 reveals some problems with OXPs, but also one with an error message:

I'm pretty sure the error message shouldn't read 'broken role definition', when a flasher (subentity) is wrong.
Indeed, it should say “broken subentity definition”.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Some more (minor) issues:
Still 'near the station'.

And

[shipRegistry.selection.profile]: Hit slow path in ship selection for role "police", having selected ship "guard". Now 10 of 95 on slow path (10.526316%).
still happens.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Commander McLane wrote:
That’s because you’re still using the same Debug.oxp. :-) (I haven’t done a new one because there are no important changes. That message is fixed for the 1.73 version, though.)
Commander McLane wrote:

[shipRegistry.selection.profile]: Hit slow path in ship selection for role "police", having selected ship "guard". Now 10 of 95 on slow path (10.526316%).
still happens.
If it bothers you, add shipRegistry.selection.profile = no; to logcontrol.plist. (Hitting the slow path is intended behaviour, it’s what happens when a ship’s spawn conditions fail.)
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Ahruman wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:
That’s because you’re still using the same Debug.oxp. :-) (I haven’t done a new one because there are no important changes. That message is fixed for the 1.73 version, though.)
Ah, right. I had forgotten that Debug.oxp doesn't get updated automatically with a new version. Sorry. :)
Ahruman wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:

still happens.
If it bothers you, add shipRegistry.selection.profile = no; to logcontrol.plist. (Hitting the slow path is intended behaviour, it’s what happens when a ship’s spawn conditions fail.)
Likely a misunderstanding on my side. I had assumed that
Fixed a bug making random ship selection take unnecessarily long when script conditions failed - sometimes infinitely long.
was related to these messages. Obviously I was mistaken. :)
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Commander McLane wrote:
I had assumed that
Fixed a bug making random ship selection take unnecessarily long when script conditions failed - sometimes infinitely long.
was related to these messages. Obviously I was mistaken. :)
Well, it was. The slow path is now less slow, and in particular always takes finite time.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Ahruman wrote:
The slow path is now less slow,
Okay, so it's good news anyway. :D
frstan
Harmless
Harmless

advanced space compass erratic under 1.72.1 update

Post by frstan »

just installed 1.72.1 update. now the advanced space compass fails to show anything but planet and sun and sometimes beacon

later: the above was using the drop update. I downloaded and installed the full version and do not have this problem.

BTW: what are C, N, and W supposed to stand for using the Advanced Compass?
Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Deep Horizon Industries Manufacturing & Research Site somewhere in G8...

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

C = Hoopy (C)asinos
N = (N)avigation Bouy
W = (W)itchspace Bouy

There are a few other letters you'll see as well...
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: advanced space compass erratic under 1.72.1 update

Hi frstan, and first of all welcome to the boards and of course to this great game! :D
frstan wrote:
BTW: what are C, N, and W supposed to stand for using the Advanced Compass?
As above 'N' and 'W' are the standard shortcuts for the station- and the witchpoint-buoy. Handy for setting a course directly to the station, or to return to the witchpoint.

Other letters completely depend on the OXPs you have installed. There are quite some OXP-added stations that come with a beacon code. And sometimes during a mission where you have to find a ship it will get marked as well.

You can find a list with all known beacon codes in the wiki.
Tekkani
Poor
Poor

Post by Tekkani »

Hello,

Only been playing for a day with 1.72.1 on the Mac, but twice now I've entered a station to find myself with insane amounts of credits. The first time, as soon as I sold something, it put me back to the real amount but the second time it left me with billions.

I'm pretty sure that I'm not meant to have billions of credits! :)