Deprecated JS commands

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Deprecated JS commands

Post by Ark »

I am still receiving a lot of messages about deprecated JS commands from a lot of oxps (latest versions)
Here some of them:

Behemoth
Buoyrepair
Dredger
Famous planets
Hotrods
Ups – courier
Asteroid storm
Black baron
Bounty scanner

And even from oolite itself in the oolite-global-prefix.js :shock:

I Know that it is just a warning, just mention them (although I have already correct them in my hard disk :wink: )
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: Deprecated JS commands

Post by Eric Walch »

Ark wrote:
I am still receiving a lot of messages about deprecated JS commands from a lot of oxps (latest versions)
Ups – courier
As you say, it are just warnings that these things will stop working with Oolite 1.73. For 1.72 there is no other problem but a longer log file.

However, my last Ups–courier upload (1.4.5) should be free of warnings about Deprecated JS commands. Work on a 1.72+ only version is in progress as it becomes more and more difficult to keep it also compatible with the 1.65 users.

And Behemoth, Buoyrepair, Dredger are free of warnings on my computer. All three are scheduled to replaced i the near future. Buoyrepair will even have much extras.

On the others I can't comment.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Ark wrote:
And even from oolite itself in the oolite-global-prefix.js
Really? Er… whereabouts? :-)
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

Eric Walch wrote:
However, my last Ups–courier upload (1.4.5) should be free of warnings about Deprecated JS commands.
The last version on the wiki is 1.4.4 :?:

@Arhuman :oops: I think i had made a mistake but in order to be sure i have to check it in my home (Since i do not have an oolite installation in my office)
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Ark wrote:
Eric Walch wrote:
However, my last Ups–courier upload (1.4.5) should be free of warnings about Deprecated JS commands.
The last version on the wiki is 1.4.4 :?:
My mistake, I mend 1.4.4 that should be free of the warnings. (1.4.5 is the next version on my desktop). The only message that is still gives is about slow routes to add ships. I decided to also remove those, but that means to chance shipdata.plist in a way that it becomes unusable with 1.65. Therefor it will become 1.72+ only.

With the behemot.oxp I only found one occasion in need of change. who == player should become who.isPlayer. With this change it keeps compatible with old and new oolite versions. (don't change it in who == player.ship as this will make 1.72+ only code)