Achenar Empire OXP?

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

wackyman465 wrote:
I never really watched any star trek. :D
Me neither. I should some time, but I am vary buisy playing oolite 24/7.

FSOneblin
Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

I wached it. All of it. Yes precious. ;-)
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

Selezen - Apparently you are the storyline/ missions fitting in master. Can I run an idea for an Achenar mission set?
The player is sent on a spying mission and finds out about an Imperial Courier successor that if it is constructed by the empire, they will be able to overthrow GalCop completely. The player is assigned the mission of preventing, at all costs, this from happening. And for the rest you can read my previous post...
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Thanks for the recognition, but to be honest my timeline is a project outside the scope of Oolite and is really only there as a guide for people who WANT to use it - it's not a straight-jacket to stop anyone making OXPs or missions or anything. If you want to make an OXP, then just do it!

My timelines and discussion stuff is only meant as a representation of how I see the Elite universe. I don't like the concept of my work possibly placing constraints on other people's work.

The only things I even say about the content of my site (or anything that is said in the forum or PMs about related information) is that if it gets used as the basis for someone else's work (or is used as a reference work) then I get a bit of a mention in whatever medium the work is in, whether it be OXP, fan fiction or whatever.

Sorry if that rambled on a bit, but I just want to be clear on that. I would be honoured if my timeline was adopted as "official" by either Ahruman/Giles or Braben, but that's something that is totally out of my control and something that is completely off to one side of what my site's about.

With that said, if you really want my advice and you want to incorporate your work into the scope of my timelines, then I can't see any issue with creating an Achenar mission set. I'd be cautious about putting the Imperial Courier on such a pedestal though. Think about it - the IC is only a relatively small heavy fighter or hybrid trade ship. Kind of the equivalent of a Challenger Tank with a trailer in the grand scheme of things. It won't win a war, even in numbers. Your idea of an uber-ship that would put GalCop security at risk is a good one, but think BIGGER! Maybe a superweapon, or an IGH inhibitor or a carrier ship would be more appropriate for the level of threat you're talking about!