RELEASED: Famous Planets v1.1. with music packs

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

@ovvldc:

I also offer a normal texture for Xexedi. The HD version is optional. Have a look at the existing Famous planets OXP structure.
---
I didn't do anything with the sizes of the planets. Also its a not a gas-giant but a gas planet. So yeah it's not larger. But lets assume that in the Oolite universe also dense gas planets exist. Or it can be planet with a surface but with a dense gas atmosphere.

Anyway the city's hang in the sky under large (special) baloons

But it's a game. I wanted to add a gas giant to the system but I don't know how. Then I can change Zacerce to a moon of a gas giant. Maybe in the future.

But I just wanted to do an unusual planet
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

With 1.72 and now that the stutters are gone I started to download oxps that before was impossible to try due to performance reasons.

Oxps like the shady blank monk, system redux, Famous planets ect
Particularly I was mostly imprested be the work in famous planets. I think that since it is possible that the feature of procedural textures will not be in the next stable (since I am not inside Ahruman’s mind I may be wrong on this one) I believe that packs like famous planets and system redux would be a good alternative. But there is a minor cosmetic drawback, in the planets info screen you can not see the oxp planet (texture) but the standard one.

I am wondering how difficult would be to be able to see the same pretty planet in the planets info screen (instead of the standard one)
Star Gazer
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: North Norfolk, UK, (Average Agricultural, Feudal States,Tech Level 8)

Post by Star Gazer »

ooo errr... ...mmmmm... ...why have I got a major problem with this version of the Famous Planets? When I try to unzip the package I get:
Unable to determine file format.
The file "/Users/peterbalcon/Desktop/Famous_Planets_v1.1.zip" does not appear to be compressed or encoded. It is advised that you obtain further information about the contents of this file from the sender or provider of the file.
Exactly the same response with the music packages for it. I have tested with downloading some other oxp packages, and they unzipped just fine.

What's gone wrong?

System: Apple Mac Pro dual 2.8GHZ , 8 GB RAM, nVidia 8800 GT, OSX 10.5.5
Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my clothes...
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

Is there any possibility that the replacement script for system redux (when you want to have both of the oxps installed) not to be working in 1.72 ?
I have just installed system redux ver 1.2.1 and replace the script with the one provided instide the system redux config folder but there is a conflict. The texture for main planet from system redux overrides the one from famus planets. Re-downloading FamusPlanets.oxp as i write this post just in case i have totaly screwed up something

Can somebody verifies this?
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

Ark wrote:
Is there any possibility that the replacement script for system redux (when you want to have both of the oxps installed) not to be working in 1.72 ?
I have just installed system redux ver 1.2.1 and replace the script with the one provided instide the system redux config folder of famous planets oxp but there is a conflict. The texture for main planet from system redux overrides the one from famus planets. Re-downloading FamousPlanets.oxp as i write this post just in case i have totaly screwed up something

Can somebody verifies this?
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Ark wrote:
Is there any possibility that the replacement script for system redux (when you want to have both of the oxps installed) not to be working in 1.72 ?Can somebody verifies this?
Yes, the override-script does not work and has never worked as intended. The array of the override-script has to be overhauled to stop displaying the textures of SystemRedux in FP systems. You can do this very simple on your own to get it working - even within a few minutes!

Open pagrooves FP-script to get the numbers of the FP-systems and change the entries in the override-script. It's all in the first line of the array. Set the FP-systems to 0x0000.

Hope this helps.
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

Svengali wrote:
Ark wrote:
Is there any possibility that the replacement script for system redux (when you want to have both of the oxps installed) not to be working in 1.72 ?Can somebody verifies this?
Yes, the override-script does not work and has never worked as intended. The array of the override-script has to be overhauled to stop displaying the textures of SystemRedux in FP systems. You can do this very simple on your own to get it working - even within a few minutes!

Open pagrooves FP-script to get the numbers of the FP-systems and change the entries in the override-script. It's all in the first line of the array. Set the FP-systems to 0x0000.

Hope this helps.
Yes i can see that thank you.
:D Also the replacement script must be obsolete since it says ver 1.1 of system redux oxp and the nerest ver is 1.2.1
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

After taking a look in SystemRedux I have to say - nice.

It is already prepared to work together with pagrooves FamousPlanets and you don't have to use the outdated override-script at all. Simply change one line in SystemRedux script.js.

Change line 29 from

Code: Select all

if (missionVariables.famous_planets) {
to

if (worldScripts["Famous Planets Launch Script"]) {
I think CaptKev has used a pre-version of FP and checks for a non-existing variable.
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

Svengali wrote:
After taking a look in SystemRedux I have to say - nice.

It is already prepared to work together with pagrooves FamousPlanets and you don't have to use the outdated override-script at all. Simply change one line in SystemRedux script.js.

Change line 29 from

if (missionVariables.famous_planets) {
to

if (worldScripts["Famous Planets Launch Script"]) {
I think CaptKev has used a pre-version of FP and checks for a non-existing variable.
Oh boy too much trouble for nothing :x :x :x
Are you sure that this change is mandatory. It also works without it

By the way, what about assassins oxp. In the comments of the obsolete script it says that you may want to change some planets in galaxy 7 inside the array to 00000. Is that still necessary or someone has taken care of it without telling us anything in the readme.txt or the wiki

Also Pangroove has to change the instaractions in the wiki and delete the folder systemreduxconfig from his oxp
That is the problem with inspiring artists, they are terrible in documentation :lol: :lol: :lol:

Svengali again thanks for all your help
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Sorry for not being here for a while. Suddenly there where an awful lot o messages in this Thread. @ Svengalli. Thanx you support to Ark in the meantime but something is not clear to me. I think in the last version the System Redux overide patch is not needed anymore. Am I right?

Thats because Thargoid streamlined the original code. But please give a message is this not true because I'm on the point of releasing the Famous Planets Expansion Pack.

@Ark

Glad you enjoy it. As I'm on the point of releasing the expansion pack I also plan to update the WIKI page. The entry for the System Redux pack can then be deleted
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Unable to determine file format.
The file "/Users/peterbalcon/Desktop/Famous_Planets_v1.1.zip" does not appear to be compressed or encoded. It is advised that you obtain further information about the contents of this file from the sender or provider of the file.

Exactly the same response with the music packages for it. I have tested with downloading some other oxp packages, and they unzipped just fine.
Mmmm I didn't got any other complaints about it. You're on a Mac right?
Did you also tried other extractors? I packed it with Winzip.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Assassins is not adversly effected by System Redux. System Redux will add exra moons (So some systems will have as many as 7 planets) but the Assassins ones stay where they are. My textures are nowhere near as nice as the system redux ones, so I'd don't think you'll have any trouble spotting which planet you need to go to. The Assassins planets also all have a station in orbit around them which you can locate with the ASC, so if you need to find an assassins added planet in order to locate a victim, you can pick out the planet. Orbits.oxp does cause a problem though as it moves the assassins planets from their normal positions, so you would need to take Orbits out and then put it back in when you're done with assassins. :wink:
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

pagroove wrote:
@ Svengalli. Thanx you support to Ark in the meantime but something is not clear to me. I think in the last version the System Redux overide patch is not needed anymore. Am I right?

Thats because Thargoid streamlined the original code. But please give a message is this not true because I'm on the point of releasing the Famous Planets Expansion Pack.
Yes, just delete this folder, you don't need it anymore. SystemRedux handles it on it's own by changing the above mentioned line. But if your plan is to implement new planets for your next release then SystemRedux must be updated too .-)
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Yes, just delete this folder, you don't need it anymore. SystemRedux handles it on it's own by changing the above mentioned line. But if your plan is to implement new planets for your next release then SystemRedux must be updated too .-)
Well I added a lot of planets an didn't update anything to the script but it just works.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

pagroove wrote:
Well I added a lot of planets an didn't update anything to the script but it just works.
Yes, but please take a look in your saved-game. There you will find the above mentioned missionVariable - implemented by an old version of FP and never deleted. The latest version (v1.1) of FP doesn't have any missionVariables so for a new user - without this variable - it won't work, because he/she has never used the old FP-version.

And to the new planets. Do you mean more than the ten planets (Lave, Zaonce, Reorte, Tionisla, Tianve, Teraed, Leesti, Isinor, Diso, Lerelace) in v1.1?
Then the best way to avoid a update-orgy is to move the 'exclusion' from SystemRedux into your oxp. This way CaptnKev and Kaks don't have to update their oxp if you want to change something in FP. But better talk to Kaks and CaptnKev before, if they can live with it and then contact Thargoid for the script-part. :-)