Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Save Any Where OXP Version 3.2 [RELEASE]

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Save Any Where OXP Version 3.1 [RELEASE]

Post by Zireael »

Will it be updated for Oolite 1.75.1?
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

yes it will... ill look at the fuel collector to start with, and the bounty scanner.. too..
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

Frame wrote:
yes it will... ill look at the fuel collector to start with, and the bounty scanner.. too..
Yupee, thanks, I thought you'd disappeared! Give a shout here when you are done updating them, please?
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Yeah, I got bored and needed a change from huds this evening and decided to have a look at the save anywhere oxp. It's been what, 6 months since 1.75.1 and it hasn't been touched and so many players need it and won't even upgrade without it. This was actually the first time I looked at the code of this oxp. Boy did I get the shock of my life when I discovered the truth about this oxp. :shock:

Do you know what I found? 2 typos, a handful of bad equals and an incorrect GUI screen check. That was all that was wrong with this oxp. It took me 5 hours from start to finish including researching the changes between oolite versions, finding the bugs and playtesting. As it stands, the copy I modified is compatible with oolite versions 1.74.2, 1.75.1, 1.75.2, and 1.75.3. I'm simply amazed that nobody fixed this. :?

So now what do I do with this bugfixed copy of SaveAnywhere(3.2?).oxp. The oxp is listed as broken. Does that mean that it has been abandoned or that someone can fix it and repost a link for it to download? Does anyone know Frames intentions for this oxp? I would like to post a download link for this ASAP for the vast number of players who want and need it so they can play their way and upgrade to 1.75.3.

DH, Ganelon, lave, this one's for you. Someone please help me. What should I do here? :)
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
Ganelon
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ganelon »

I don't know what the protocol is on this sort of situation. However, I would like to be the first person you've listed to thank you, anyway!
Sleep? Who needs sleep? Got game. No need sleep.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

PM Frame and ask him. He's been on the board in the last few days (posted those sweet pics of his new ship) and should be able to advise you and/or give you permission to release or whatever.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Nice one CSOTB - you'll make a lot of people very happy.
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Thargoid wrote:
PM Frame and ask him. He's been on the board in the last few days (posted those sweet pics of his new ship) and should be able to advise you and/or give you permission to release or whatever.
PM has been sent. :wink:

Believe it or not I just wanted a little code diving diversion this evening. Oh well... :D
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

WIKI+OXPs
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

<BIG FEATHERY HUG>

As Thargoid says - Frame's around (more than recently) I'm sure he'll answer a PM

You're a star.

DH (on behalf of Save-Anywhere users everywhere!)
Last edited by DaddyHoggy on Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I didn't read CSOTBs inital post properly!
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

Congratulations! I took a look at it a while back, fixed the system/System things, guessed there was a problem with the GUI screen things from the resulting behaviour, but as I know nothing about them I didn't bother to look any further. And I doubt I'd have found the bad equals things unless I'd spent some serious time trawling through all 950 lines of the code. I'm sure a lot of people will be happy to get their play style working with 1.75 Oolite, and for those who haven't upgraded they can try out all the brand new features and oxps that people have created!
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

You know, after taking a good look at the code I have to admire Frame for coming up with it. At 15k it is a beautiful piece of work considering what it does. And all of you are very welcome. Only thing is I seem to be choking on feathers at the moment. :P If I had known I might die a fluffy death of asphixiation I would have at least done a few more huds<cough><cough>. :lol:

Anyway, back to the huds, tralala! :)

WIKI+OXPs
Dragonfire
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Dragonfire »

YAYYYYYYYYYYY! I'll actually be able to save from the space bars! WOOOOT. Can't wait for the release!
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

I'm going to be a little busy for the next few days and as Frame was on the board and has not opened my PM he must be real busy. As far as I know posting a list of corrections for a broken oxp is not an issue so I am posting the list here and you can make the corrections yourself in your own copy of SaveAnywhere3.1.oxp in the main script file. At such time as Frame renders a decision on this you will know as soon as I do.

An early CSOTB christmas gift. Enjoy! :D

=============================================

CommonSenseOTB SaveAnywhere3.1 Bugfix Readme

The following lines should be corrected to appear as follows:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

line 487 let lstation = system.addShips(role,1,[-150000000,0,0],0)[0] //CommonSenseOTB bug found was big S for system

line 529 this.tracker = system.addShips("frame2_dumb_object", 1, this.mz,0)[0]//CommonSenseOTB bug found was big S for system

line 831 if(guiScreen !== "GUI_SCREEN_OPTIONS" && guiScreen !== "GUI_SCREEN_MISSION" && guiScreen !== "GUI_SCREEN_STATUS")//CommonSenseOTB bug found deprecated != and also changed "GUI_SCREEN_SAVE" to "GUI_SCREEN_OPTIONS"

line 846 if(guiScreen !== "GUI_SCREEN_OPTIONS" && guiScreen !== "GUI_SCREEN_MISSION" && guiScreen !== "GUI_SCREEN_STATUS")//CommonSenseOTB bug found deprecated != and also changed "GUI_SCREEN_SAVE" to "GUI_SCREEN_OPTIONS"

line 884 if(guiScreen !== "GUI_SCREEN_STATUS")//CommonSenseOTB bug found deprecated !=

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Compatibility

Works and tested with 1.74.2, 1.75.1, 1.75.2, 1.75.3
As far as I can tell it works just like it used to.
This bugfix is for compatibility purposes only.

=============================================

Pretty simple, huh? There is no reason now for anyone NOT to upgrade to oolite 1.75.3 as they can now save anywhere again.

Have fun and see you later. 8)

WIKI+OXPs
Eldon
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Eldon »

Wonderful! I've been missing this soooo much. I'd managed to catch the s/S switch from the depreciation logs, but the rest of it is beyond me for now.

Thank you.
Ganelon
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ganelon »

Save Anywhere not working didn't keep me from upgrading. But it was sorely missed for what it can add to character roleplay. Being able to start and end sessions from a planet surface or location other than the official main station just fits better sometimes.

I haven't upgraded to 1.75.3 yet, but I'll probably do so as soon as I get a good quiet night to spend all night in space "putting it through the paces". A quiet night, lights out, subwoofs just loud enough for a modest bit of rumble, and a new update or OXP to explore with. Now that's livin'.
Sleep? Who needs sleep? Got game. No need sleep.