Welcome Mat OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Which version do you prefer?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:27 pm

Software upgrade (script only)
53%
Hardware (equipment needing to be purchased)
47%

Total votes: 17

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

OK, a final version (I hope!), which should fix both the problem above and also as an added bonus the new Jameson bug.

I've given it a test-run, and it seems to be working fine to me. Also as an added bonus, you can now link into the information network via any buoy, not just the witchspace and station ones...

--Download Welcome v1.05 OXP here --
Last edited by Thargoid on Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

v1.72 compatable version (1.05) is now available from here.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

And a little update to V1.06, to cure a depreciation I missed (thanks Gorans) plus to correct something. The messages now only appear when targetting buoys which are also beacons, to save some spurious messages in other cases where entities are given buoy class but aren't.

Download from the link in the first post of this thread, or via the links below.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: Welcome Mat OXP

Post by Thargoid »

Ok, at the risk of thread necromancy, I've just updated this OXP to v1.12.

Nothing major, just a minor script mod at the request of UK_Eliter to work better with his Interstellar Tweaks OXP. Download from the links below as usual (with the note that the main wiki is down at the mo awaiting a reboot by Winston).
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

Thanks Thargoid!
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

I do like this OXP.

- I like the message on arrival at a system that says what sort of system it is. That is just what I would want from an electronic gazetteer.
- I like the vague "police presence" / "lots of pirates" message. It feels like realistic hearsay from pilots docking at the main station.
- I like the way I can get an update by targeting a nav beacon. That 'feels' right. It also explains why I get a message when I hyperspace in - it must be being broadcast by the witchpoint beacon.
- I like the "alien presence" message. No specifics, just a warning that there's something out there. Just the right level of scary.

But most of all I like the way that whenever I get the "This system has a strong police presence." message, there is always a pack of pirates waiting for me on arrival. :lol:
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

SandJ wrote:
- I like the "alien presence" message. No specifics, just a warning that there's something out there. Just the right level of scary.
It doesn't come across as particularly scary to me. More like announcing: "Free Food! Come fast, supplies limited!" :lol:

I'm practically a Thargoid hunter as much as I lurk in interstellar space. Were I in a poorly-equipped ship, the same message would convey more fear or at least caution.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

And Welcome Mat 1.13 is now uploaded.

Just a small adjustment to restore the proper compatibility with the current version of OXPConfig.

Download from Wiki or Box via the links below as normal.